Defensive Changes That Need To Be Happening Fasts

Dirtybird#11

I say its time to make a huge move in the atl an it starts with us changing our front 7 completely.I say we cut Abrham or trade him for a draft pick maybe a 3rd or 4th round, cut or trade Nicholas for a 4th or 5th round, cut Dunta Robinson,Mike Peterson,Chris Hope,and Peria Jerry.Then i say we switch to the 3-4 an have our front 3 be Babs,Peters,and Walker then allow Biermann to drop back to olb or mlb like he should be an let our LB be Biermann,Spoon,Dent,and Teo (from the darft).Now along to the corner issue we get rid of no cover dunta an let 4 corner be Grimes,Samuel,Mcclain,and get Mathieu (from the draft).Lastly our safteies will still be Moore and Decoud.

thoughts?!?!

Start with upgrading the line. Everything else builds on that. Abe could be used up, so a couple of pass rushers would be a good starting point. I just don't see a massive rebuilding of the defense happening any time soon. 30th in the draft and a tight salary cap doesn't leave a whole lot of options.

I believe Dunta Robinson will make $8 million on '13, $10 million in '14, and $11.5 million in '15. You aren't trading him. And the hit you would take cutting him wouldn't be worth it, because you don't have anybody better to replace him with who would make little money.

Grimes is gone.

We are keeping Dunta cause of his contract. If we could trade him for 7 rounder like we did for Asante with the Eagles, I would do it to save us cap and take a chance on Grimes.

I think Grimes is going to go and get PAID, I don't blame him but I hope we don't take that risk.

a team like new york jets or raiders also we could still pick up osi umenyiora from the FA form the giants

think about it

No, neither of those teams will give a third round pick for a 34 year old DE.

So you'd drop Abe, for a diva in Osi? Not to mention Abe is the better player. I'd have no problem with keeping Abe, and adding Osi.

I do agree there needs to be some adjusments on defense, but letting go our ONLY good pass rusher is not the answer.

No, neither of those teams will give a third round pick for a 34 year old DE.

So you'd drop Abe, for a diva in Osi? Not to mention Abe is the better player. I'd have no problem with keeping Abe, and adding Osi.

I do agree there needs to be some adjusments on defense, but letting go our ONLY good pass rusher is not the answer.

our only good pass rusher is getting old an it reflects in his play everyone knows it

We're not cutting Abe.

We aren't starting Vance Walker at DE.

We aren't moving Bierman to MLB.

Lastly, and most importantly....WE AIN'T GETTING T'EO

maybe but teo has dropped because of his fake boyfriend/girlfriend

abe is getting old an he is dropping in his playing ability

vance u got me but he has alot of potential

biermann could be another brian urlacher

I say its time to make a huge move in the atl an it starts with us changing our front 7 completely.I say we cut Abrham or trade him for a draft pick maybe a 3rd or 4th round, cut or trade Nicholas for a 4th or 5th round, cut Dunta Robinson,Mike Peterson,Chris Hope,and Peria Jerry.Then i say we switch to the 3-4 an have our front 3 be Babs,Peters,and Walker then allow Biermann to drop back to olb or mlb like he should be an let our LB be Biermann,Spoon,Dent,and Teo (from the darft).Now along to the corner issue we get rid of no cover dunta an let 4 corner be Grimes,Samuel,Mcclain,and get Mathieu (from the draft).Lastly our safteies will still be Moore and Decoud.

thoughts?!?!

I wish you were our GM. Then we'd have a top 3 draft pick, and we could work our way up just like the Niners did by accumulating talent until finally you were fired and we began our slow ascent back into relevance.