Secondary

Im getting mixed feelings about our secondary, i know asante can lock down his side of the field, but what about dunte robinson? Ok we all know dunte is horrible in coverage but he can also lay your arse out given the opportunity. I personally dont feel that dunte is the guy to be starting at cornerback. So is there anyway we can get rid of him without paying alot? Maybe we can trade him for a draft pick and resign grimes. I just think he is a big liability in passing situations and gives up way too much space.

Dunte has been better this year than he was last but hes not worth what we are paying.

What do you guys think.

Dunta does well against possession receivers and he does terrible against speedy receivers. He has good fluid hips but was never good against burst speed players. Depending on match up I would say Dunta does fairly well but he did much better with us this year than prior years.

Its silly not to take a look at Grimes and reaching 30 and having a major injury, we have to see if hes still has it. If Grimes is going to ask for 10-12 million then we let him walk. I would love to see a 3-4 year deal at 4-6million/yr.

Nolan will be more creative with our looks and I was impressed with pressure package which included dunta this year. We are one pash rush and one NT away from anchoring a decent defense. Its hard to say that since we have to play a potent offense in the saints x2 and panthers x2 and merging bucs. Our defense really isnt too terrible. We just play pro-bowl level olines...

Dunta does well against possession receivers and he does terrible against speedy receivers. He has good fluid hips but was never good against burst speed players. Depending on match up I would say Dunta does fairly well but he did much better with us this year than prior years.

Its silly not to take a look at Grimes and reaching 30 and having a major injury, we have to see if hes still has it. If Grimes is going to ask for 10-12 million then we let him walk. I would love to see a 3-4 year deal at 4-6million/yr.

Nolan will be more creative with our looks and I was impressed with pressure package which included dunta this year. We are one pash rush and one NT away from anchoring a decent defense. Its hard to say that since we have to play a potent offense in the saints x2 and panthers x2 and merging bucs. Our defense really isnt too terrible. We just play pro-bowl level olines...

some great points, yeah im with you on grimes, i wouldnt pay out the butt for him either, but it just seemed to me every time we got a passing team in third and long they were able to exploit duntes side. Id much rather have grimes over there. As long as hes at full strength, but i get the feeling grimes will be walking, but to be honest i dont see him getting a huge pay day with the injury he sustained and not playing the whole year.

1. it's Dunta

And he was actually quite good in coverage this year, and re-signing Grimes will probably take a lot of money because I think he is looking for a payday (and I don't blame him).

Also we don't know if Grimes will be the same as 2 years ago.

of course its dunte lol thats exactly my point, he was better in coverage but not nearly good enough to not be exploited in the passing game. Im not saying pay a lit of money for grimes, but he missed a whole year with an injury so hes not gonna get that huge 10 mil a year payday like he wants, but 4 or 5 mil a year may be doable for us if we are able to do something with duntes outrageous contract. JMO

Dunta has had that problem forever. He was supposed to be moved inside and grimes and samuel was going to be on the outside.

yeah i know, what if they were to move mcclain to the outside and dunte back to the slot, he contests every pass coming his way when hes on the outside. It sucks that grimes got injured, that would have been a heck of a secondary.

It would've been nice to see Dunta in that...Charles woodson/ Carlos Rogers / courtland Finnegan role. He definitely had his best year as a Falcon but I'm not as comfortable with our secondary as most around here are. Unfortunately, I think CB will have to take a back seat to edge rusher and run lane clogger.

It would've been nice to see Dunta in that...Charles woodson/ Carlos Rogers / courtland Finnegan role. He definitely had his best year as a Falcon but I'm not as comfortable with our secondary as most around here are. Unfortunately, I think CB will have to take a back seat to edge rusher and run lane clogger.

i have the exact same feeling man, and yes our pass rush will be priorrity this offseason.

We won't see Dunta in any role if he keeps trying to commit suicide on the field by running his head into everybody.

of course its dunte lol thats exactly my point, he was better in coverage but not nearly good enough to not be exploited in the passing game. Im not saying pay a lit of money for grimes, but he missed a whole year with an injury so hes not gonna get that huge 10 mil a year payday like he wants, but 4 or 5 mil a year may be doable for us if we are able to do something with duntes outrageous contract. JMO

Yer I don't think he will get a big contract but there are a lot of teams out there who have terrible corners, and I think someone else will be willing to take a bigger risk than us at that position.

Also I think it is in Grimes interests to sign that big contract.