The Falcons Fired Their Strength Coach

Peyton

Probably a good move, since the biggest criticism of the Falcons is that they weren't strong enough.

Jeff Fish was replaced with his assistant, A.J. Niebel, who has been his assistant the last two years.

I don't know about the wisdom of that, but whatever. Somebody had to fall on the sword, I guess Fish was it.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't pretend to know exactly what a strength coach is or who that guy was, but if this move helps our tackling then I'm all for it. Our playoff failures this year seem to have more to do with execution than game planning so some solid improvement in the fundamentals ought to help.

Edited by Da Bird is Da Word

Yeah because its all his fault.

Eh, I don't think anyone's gonna look back and say "yeah we lost the NFCCG because of our d amn strength coach". I don't know anything about the guy and it's a shame he's got to lose his job, but this might have been coming for a while for all we know. This is just a step the F.O is taking to resolve issues that have plagued the team all season, and may or may not help. H ell in a week I doubt anyone will even remember this news.

Edited by Da Bird is Da Word

Eh, I don't think anyone's gonna look back and say "yeah we lost the NFCCG because of our d amn strength coach". I don't know anything about the guy and it's a shame he's got to lose his job, but this might have been coming for a while for all we know. This is just a step the F.O is taking to resolve issues that have plagued the team all season, and may or may not help. H ell in a week I doubt anyone will even remember this news.

That's why its in purple.

Probably a good move, since the biggest criticism of the Falcons is that they weren't strong enough.

Jeff Fish was replaced with his assistant, A.J. Niebel, who has been his assistant the last two years.

I don't know about the wisdom of that, but whatever. Somebody had to fall on the sword, I guess Fish was it.

.....and they promoted his assistant? Link? Because moves like that makes no sense. What's the rest of the story?

I guess they want someone with connections to better P.E.D.'s.

Archer was saying on790 that there may have been frustration over all the soft tissue injuries and the length of time it was taking to get the players back.

Maybe. Maybe not. There were times when we scratched our heads wondering what was taking so long for a player to get back.

Edited by Keith