Tony Will Play 1 More Year If......

I believe Tony left the 5% on the table of playing another year because he

wanted to taste what getting close was like He wanted to know if getting close

to the ultimate goal would give him the drive to put his all into 1 more season.

I can see him playing IF management can assure him that they will be

making a play for the right personnel in the right places to make the run of all runs. They need to show him the plan.

I remember reading an article about Jerome Bettis, after coming within a whisker of winning the superbowl, that was it for Jerome, he was a beat up warrior that did all those great things in his career that was it. Rothlesberger

*sp/ convinced him to give it ONE more shot and promised he would get Bettis a ring. Long story short he did come back , they made another run and he got his ring.

How great would this be for Tony if we could do the same thing. I know

Ryan will be talking to him sooner or later and I hope we see him next year.

If he comes back, and that is a big if, we probably won't know early. It wouldn't surprise me at all for us to hear about him coming back deep into FA. This is a monumental decison for him, and will take its toll emotionally, regardless of what he decides.

Either way, I hope that he knows that Atlanta Falcons fans will always remember him as one of our Greats.

Well I guess I am hoping more than anything, but I think there is a chance.

On a side note, I was in a small rum joint and restaraunt in a little jungle town

on the pacific coast of Costa Rica, who walks in...Tony and his wife! so

anyway I got to meet him and basically say I was a big fan, didnt even ask

for an autograph as I didnt want to really bug him too much on his holiday heh.

He was also a part of totally dismanteling the no 1 defense in the league the first half of

that game, yeah there was screw ups but deep down he has to know that there is a real shot

to get a Lombardi here. they didnt have to do anything more to get to the bowl this year...

all they had to do was make less mistakes. Even with all the deficiancies if we eliminated 1

or 2 mistakes we go to the superbowl. Give him some time and I think we have a shot at 1

more year with him, if he retires you have to wish him the best and just be happy we got the chance to see him in a Falcon uniform.

Dumb question - but if Tony were to come back and the Falcons had the season of all seasons and they actually won the Super Bowl, would Tony go into the Hall of Fame as a Falcon or would it still be as a Chief? Does the NFL have much say so in what team a player represents?

Dumb question - but if Tony were to come back and the Falcons had the season of all seasons and they actually won the Super Bowl, would Tony go into the Hall of Fame as a Falcon or would it still be as a Chief? Does the NFL have much say so in what team a player represents?

NFL players do not go in with a team. They go as an individual.

Players go into the Hall of Fame as players, not as members of a team. Therefore, he would not have to "declare" a team. Here is the text from the Hall of Fame website.

Is a New Hall of Fame Member Enshrined as a Member of a Team?

Obviously, teams take great pride in the accomplishments of individuals who have been a part of their organization. Often individual teams and even the Hall of Fame will list enshrinees according to the team or teams on which they spent a significant period of time. An enshrinee, however, is not asked to “declare,” nor does the Hall of Fame “choose” a team under which a new member is enshrined. When elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, an individual is recognized for his accomplishments as a player, coach, or contributor.

Somewhat related: did anyone who watched at home see footage of Tony saying "He missed me twice?" after the failed 4th down conversion? I've deleted the game from the DVR so I can't go back and watch.

He also said he was wide open....Ryan ALWAYS is looking for Tony thats why I think he was messed up from that hit, rattled and hurt he wasnt right....the 2 plays he ran showed

showed that. Exactly why Smith HAD to call a time out. Smith botched that

I posted this on the wall:

Dear Tony,

Regardless of your decision, we want to thank you for the Professionalism, passion and talent that you brought to our team every week for the past 4 years. It has been amazing to go to the games or watch them on TV for those not fortunate enough to be there live and see a true legend perform at such an amazing level week in and week out.

What you brought to us goes beyond the field. You have taught our younger players and our veterans the right way to try to be the best they can be. You've been an amazing influence on Ryan and Roddy and Julio and Palmer and all the rest of our receiving core.

We respect your decision, but it pains us as much as anything that we couldn't get the ring for you. You deserve it as much as any player that ever wore a uniform in the NFL.

I keep thinking about the fact that the two teams in the Super Bowl this year were in our exact position last year. Both lost in the Championship game by one or two miscues. Both made it back this year and they were rewarded.

I believe we can do that too. I believe we can get all the way. We are so close. Just a few pieces from winning it all. It would be amazing if you were part of that.

Either way - we love you Tony! We will always consider you a Falcon and one of the greatest Falcons ever. Good luck in any future endeavors and know you have the heart of Atlanta as well as those in KC.

Thank you Tony - for everything! If it's in your heart to give it one more try - we will be out of our minds with joy. If not, we will always treasure the time you spent as a Falcon!

SINCERELY,

A FALCON FAN

REPRESENTING

FALCON NATION

Well, Y'all gotta remember, Tony ain't getting any younger, and banging heads evey week don't take any less toll on you as you get older. STILL, to be SO CLOSE and to play for SO LONG with only ONE playoff win, I don't think he can be content with that. I think he'll go one more season, as long as the team stays pretty much as it is now, with Matt, Roddy, Julio...all we can do is HOPE and PRAY!!!

it would be an amazing send off for an amazing player...

he more than anyone else deserves it. when listening to him and hearing about the kind of work and effort he has put and still puts into playing this game, you can't do anything but respect that. i really hope he comes back, and they go all the way.

Bettis style.

i'm sure Ryan will be very convincing, but ultimately it comes down to how Tony and his family feels about it. his reason for stopping is not that he feels he can't do it, it's because he wants to be more with his family than he is now. so i'm hoping his wife and kids will tell him to give it one more shot. we were so close