Payton Admits The Saints Broke Rules.

Trouble

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/22/payton-statement-mistakes-were-made/

I clearly recognize that mistakes were made, which led to league violations.

“Furthermore, I have assured the Commissioner a more diligent protocol will be followed.

Lastly, I feel we have learned from our mistakes and are ready to move forward. I want to thank our owner, Mr. Benson and all of our great fans for the overwhelming support throughout this past year.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They did break rules, they had a pay for performance program that violates league rules. We've all said this and acknowledged this from the beginning.

Exacty but in the kneejerk,emotional-laden non-analytical minds of others, this will LITERALLY translate to "Saints admit to a bounty program to injure other players". I promise you this.

Eh, nothing to see here. That's just the politically correct response for a man in his situation. He's won't straight-up deny anything but at the same time he's not exactly gonna say he's guilty of every little thing Goodell accused him of. It's a perfectly vague statement that doesn't make him look bad and pleases everybody.

Edited by Da Bird is Da Word

Truth, reality, losers, and haters gonna hate...JS

julio.gif

Again, if you brought an ounce of intelligence into a conversation, then maybe we could take you seriously, but since there is no chance of that ever happening you can kick rocks Old Man from UP.............Great movie BTW JS

way to stay classy guys. It's pretty annoying when a topic of discussion gets filled up with personal insults.

on topic, saints fans will,deny a bount program but there is evidence and confessions, countless, so accept it and your punishment season is over so quit crying.

way to stay classy guys. It's pretty annoying when a topic of discussion gets filled up with personal insults.

on topic, saints fans will,deny a bount program but there is evidence and confessions, countless, so accept it and your punishment season is over so quit crying.

I am just wondering what your definition of "evidence" and "countless" are because by the context you've written them here, it doesn't appear to fit the definitions in the English Dictionary.

There's evidence?! When did this happen? Please, enlighten all of us so we can finally put this puppy to bed........don't worry we have all offseason we'll wait

There's evidence?! When did this happen? Please, enlighten all of us so we can finally put this puppy to bed........don't worry we have all offseason we'll wait

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2012/03/full_nfl_statement_into_bounty.html

there is the full report.

not to mention in this post that Payton admits they made violations, but take all the time you need.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2012/03/full_nfl_statement_into_bounty.html

there is the full report.

not to mention in this post that Payton admits they made violations, but take all the time you need.

Dude please, we aren't going all the way back thru all of this. Let me simplify this for you so there's no confusion, the Saints and the majority of the fans NEVER said the Saints didn't do anything. If you want to say that Pay for performance is the same as Bounties then more power to you.

P.S. Wow link an article from March 2nd, the day the story broke as your response for evidence lolololol, ok you got us there lololololol!

Edited by meezy0236

Dude please, we aren't going all the way back thru all of this. Let me simplify this for you so there's no confusion, the Saints and the majority of the fans NEVER said the Saints didn't do anything. If you want to say that Pay for performance is the same as Bounties then more power to you.

P.S. Wow link an article from March 2nd, the day the story broke as your response for evidence lolololol, ok you got us there lololololol!

then what's all the fuss about? I can agree that none of the players should have been suspended, but the coaches surely deserved a punishment.

What Payton was forced to say for reinstatement by Hiz Honor and what he thought are 2 very different things. Let's not forget Hiz Honor wrote Greg Williams initial statement.

I THOUGHT THIS THING WAS OVER? GUESS I'M WRONG.

WELL, ITS OVER FOR ME. AS A MATTER OF FACT ......

FOR ME IT NEVER STARTED. I NEVER SAW ANYTHING

WRONG WITH IT ..... ONE WAY OR THE OTHER!

I THOUGHT THIS THING WAS OVER? GUESS I'M WRONG.

WELL, ITS OVER FOR ME. AS A MATTER OF FACT ......

FOR ME IT NEVER STARTED. I NEVER SAW ANYTHING

WRONG WITH IT ..... ONE WAY OR THE OTHER!

Exactly.

The same ones that said that they're tired of all the bg talk...for some reason keep bringing it up.

Btw danight...how is the Falcons Lombardi trophy??

Wait!!! They don't have one!!!

See how that works?!?!