Double Dipping

Kayoh

I want to see us double dip this draft. I want 2 DTs, 2 DEs and 2 TEs. We have 8 picks so then we can still draft a RG in the top 3 rounds and possibly a CB or LB as well. All I know is that if we don't come out of this draft with at least 3 defensive linemen, I will be extremely disappointed.

I think we double dip at DE for sure just because you can get some quality talent in the 4th + rounds. DT I'm sure we draft one girth one cause that's what we need for our linebackers to be more effective and for our run defense to improve. Should be interesting but I wouldn't rule out Dipping twice at DE and DT, the line needs it.

1st DE Margus Hunt SMU

2nd DE/OLB Corey Lemonier AUB

3rd RB (whichever one you like best)

4th NT/DT Brandon Williams Missouri Southern

4th Comp DE Devin Taylor South Carolina

5th TE Michael Williams ALA

6th LB/S Kenny Tate Maryland

7th CB/KR Dustin Harris Tx AM

what you think bout this draft?? and maybe sign Glenn Dorsey in FA

1st DE Margus Hunt SMU

Brandon Williams is scouted to be a 2nd-4th rounder so you got him in the right spot, but I think he is going to have a good week of practices and have a better combine, so I think we might have to use our second on him. ALL tho if he doesn't have a good week and combine this could ideal, I'm huge on Cory Lemonier always have always will, he is quick off the ball and has some solid moves to the QB and also is underrated when it comes to the run game, If he adds around 10-15 pounds I'd love him more it would bring him up to the 260-265 area. Joseph Randle in the third and your draft is perfect for me!

1st DE Margus Hunt SMU

I don't know if I like Hunt enough to take in the 1st right now. Size doesn't always equal success. Would prefer a more polished guy like Okafor in the 1st. Other than that, switch out Lemonier for a 2nd round DT like Kawann Short or Bennie Logan.

1st DE Margus Hunt SMU

we need DT help i dont think taking three is a great idea, id take hunt if hes there in the second but id go DE and DT with our first two picks.

we need DT help i dont think taking three is a great idea, id take hunt if hes there in the second but id go DE and DT with our first two picks.

Brandon Williams would be that DT help, If we landed Hunt and Lemonier you couldn't be upset, two of the best prospect at DE's lol

1st DE Margus Hunt SMU

I actually like the first part of this draft quite a bit, particularly the first four selections. This immediately strengthens the d-line and pass rush. I might prefer a different DE to hunt, but wouldnt be disappointed if he were the pick. Really like lemonaire in the 2nd. I think yet another DL in the 4th is overkill. If you tell me that we sign Dorsey in FA then that's way to much DL turnover. Realistically, I think we may see two new DL in the rotation next year maybe three. With Dorsey + this draft that would be 5 new DL and I can't see TD dropping 5 guys from the current rotation.

I like mike Williams as a later round TE. His strength is blocking so that's one step towards improving the running game.

double dip TE? oh, no. Chase Coffman showed nice body control and hands, Palmer is solid. Draft one or there are some good FA TE's. Don't forget we have Julio, Roddy, and Harry could work the middle alot more than he has. Give me 1 Dt in draft and 1 in FA. DE(assuming we stay 4-3 base, which we won't) FA one and draft another with 1st or 2nd pick.

1st DE Margus Hunt SMU

this is "my opinion" and this is a horrendous draft. #1 hunt is a measurables holy grail. lots of players look like tarzan....see ray edwards. He is raw, does not play with good leverage, is too high too often. Think, someone that size should really dominate, that's what the measurables say. He doesn't.

2nd pick, a situational pass rusher or 3-4OLB. His name is Massaquoi and he is on the roster. No oline help?

3rd RB...really. Snelling is mean, powerfull, quicker than turner. Quizz is stop start quick, and strong. NO RB gets anywhere without oline to sustain blocks. Plus RB's are a dime a dozen.

4th rd. Another dontari Poe (memphis) who? thats right another measurables wow guy that has been average at best in the NFL. It's very different when you are just bigger and stronger than everyone else in Div II. A whole different deal in the League.

Comp. 4th pick.....another DE/pass rusher???

5th pick. a 1 dimensional blocking TE, who can't catch or get separation. Yeah, those are hard to find, better draft one.

Glenn I'm always hurt dorsey? no thanks.

This is how Franchises wallow in mediocrity, now I understand.

My Bad........Your a Browns FAN, dang dude you got me!

double dip TE? oh, no. Chase Coffman showed nice body control and hands, Palmer is solid. Draft one or there are some good FA TE's. Don't forget we have Julio, Roddy, and Harry could work the middle alot more than he has. Give me 1 Dt in draft and 1 in FA. DE(assuming we stay 4-3 base, which we won't) FA one and draft another with 1st or 2nd pick.

this is "my opinion" and this is a horrendous draft. #1 hunt is a measurables holy grail. lots of players look like tarzan....see ray edwards. He is raw, does not play with good leverage, is too high too often. Think, someone that size should really dominate, that's what the measurables say. He doesn't.

2nd pick, a situational pass rusher or 3-4OLB. His name is Massaquoi and he is on the roster. No oline help?

3rd RB...really. Snelling is mean, powerfull, quicker than turner. Quizz is stop start quick, and strong. NO RB gets anywhere without oline to sustain blocks. Plus RB's are a dime a dozen.

4th rd. Another dontari Poe (memphis) who? thats right another measurables wow guy that has been average at best in the NFL. It's very different when you are just bigger and stronger than everyone else in Div II. A whole different deal in the League.

Comp. 4th pick.....another DE/pass rusher???

5th pick. a 1 dimensional blocking TE, who can't catch or get separation. Yeah, those are hard to find, better draft one.

Glenn I'm always hurt dorsey? no thanks.

This is how Franchises wallow in mediocrity, now I understand.

My Bad........Your a Browns FAN, dang dude you got me!

Don't you think that if anybody saw Chase Coffman as the answer at TE that he would've had more than 8 snaps this season. Michael Palmer + Tommy Gallarda were both given more of a chance than Coffman. I like the idea of drafting a down field threat + red zone target as well as a guy who can block + use his power/size to do what Gonzo is so good at and box defenders out for the tough catch.

I agree about Lemonier. We have a few guys that haven't been given a fair shake, and Cliff Matthews has shown a lot as well as guys that might be better as 3-4 OLBs like Massaquoi and Sidbury.

I also agree about not picking a RB in the 3rd, but we do need to draft a RB, even if it's late - Quizz isn't an every down back and Snelling is less of an every down back than him. I'd prefer we wait until the 6th/7th round or just pick up a FA RB because just like you said, they're a dime a dozen and good ones can be had anywhere. Pierre Thomas went undrafted, we can find a guy like that.

I don't like Brandon Williams either. I think his name is only there because this guy is trying to be up to date and Brandon measured well at the senior bowl. Jordan Hill or Spencer Nealy would be my pick here.

In the 4th, I love Taylor if he's still around. Taking a DT, OL or LB over Lemonier in the 2nd would make Taylor only the 2nd DE we take in this draft, thus the double dip effect takes place.

5th pick isn't as 1 dimensional as you're selling him to be. Michael Williams is a legit redzone threat, the best blocker of the class, and has the body/frame/power to be a great short yardage weapon.

Hate the idea of bringing in Dorsey. If we're going 3-4 it'd be just as dumb as it was for the Chiefs to draft him into the 3-4. Dorsey is a 4-3 penetrator.

Has it been confirmed that we're moving to a 3-4 next year?

Smitty said he hasn't ruled it out. I'm of the train of thought that they most likely will considering Nolan prefers it and it's not like they have players that make you want to stick with the 4-3. A lot of people on here refuse to entertain the thought for some reason though.