Amazing How 10 Yards Cements A Perception Either Way

Ice5303

If falcons get 10 more yards, the legend of Matty Ice and his late game heroics grows even larger and season is considered a success by media and pundits,

But no 10 yards, and now , as some media say, "same ole Falcons" same ole loser city Atlanta, we need to totally reevaluate our personnel, etc blah blah

Very thin line there

And Pat Y. On espn, ...clench a little tighter

Edited by Ice5303

My dumb coworker says Matty choked, blew a 17 point lead blah blah they suck but if we won he would still say we suck and got lucky. It's just haters everywhere. Remember we weren't even projected to make playoffs and supposed to lose to giants, sd, Philly, and Seattle, look what happened there? Anyone can be a dumb analyst.

The Saints were a joke before they won the super bowl. I don't care about dazzling numbers...I care about consistent winning and that's what we are. We are going to break through..it's going to happen and it's going to happen soon under this regime.

I believe in the staff and their ability to find the right puzzle pieces.

My dumb coworker says Matty choked, blew a 17 point lead blah blah they suck but if we won he would still say we suck and got lucky. It's just haters everywhere. Remember we weren't even projected to make playoffs and supposed to lose to giants, sd, Philly, and Seattle, look what happened there? Anyone can be a dumb analyst.

so called fans are goin ham tryin to blame matt, but he can't play every position and both sides of the ball, and he shouldn't be expected to have a perfect line throwing the ball 40 times for 400 yards every game.

Ignore the inbred. His absolute inability to come up with a solution for the perceived "problem" is enough to make me only laugh at his childish trolling.

That said, Ryan choked hard when he fumbled the snap. But then he delivers a beautiful ball to HD in stride...who trips. I have no doubt in my mind that we were good enough to win the SB and probably the best team in the NFL this year, and that we should have won the NFCCG. But, coulda, woulda, shoulda...we have a difficult schedule this year, incredibly difficult, but I only see losses coming to the Panthers, Dolphins, and Packers while away, while losing to the Bucs in our house...crazy sounding, but yeah. I think we beat (almost) all the great teams. We can go 12-4 or 13-3 easy. This team will be even better next year if we have a good offseason. Working on a thread even now.

Conspiracy theory ... why would the NFL want the non-rating getting Falcons in the Superbowl? 15 million less people watched this years NFCCG than last years. How many people live in and around NYC, are fans of teh Giants, and are mad enough not to watch the two teams, one of which beat them in the reg season and the other lost to them in the NFCCG last year?

fixed...

I'm e-mail friends with Pat Yasinskas and have been for several years.......I blasted him though when I read the "Same Old Falcons" story he wrote. Nothing could be further from the truth. Falcons lost the game but this was not a blowout of epic proportions like the Packers/Giants game.

Falcons lost the game and the defense is poor - but this offense is rising up and getting better - major strides were made this year on offense and this should be a "top 5" offense as long as we have a healthy Matt, Roddy and Julio.

Sorry "Same Old Falcons" does not wash with me.

You know what guys, I'm really not sure what the deal is with our ATL based teams and the stigma/perception not only surrounding our sports teams but our city. I really don't have an answer but it's just crazy that our boy goes out and puts up almost 400 and 3 TDs against "the best D in the NFL" and then some can fix their mouths to put him in the same category as Tony Romo. I have no explanation but it just seems like people just think that the Falcons aren't supposed to be a good team, kinda like people think the league is better when the Falcons aren't playing well.

And USA Today adding salt to the wound:

For the second straight week, they blew a big lead. Last week, they were able to regain the lead after wasting a 20-point edge against the Seattle Seahawks. This time, they came up short despite having a 17-point lead. Again, they wasted the No. 1 overall seed in the NFC and have pushed tight end Tony Gonzalez to the brink of retirement.

YIKES!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/01/20/49ers-falcons-nfc-championship-game-super-bowl-xlvii/1849861/

Playing only for 1 half is not sufficient. We needed a full 60 minutes on BOTH sides of the ball and we didn't get it.

It's kind of hard todo much of anything when you areon the sidelines watching for most of the second half. Our defense wore down giving their TOP rated defense rest to make some plays. This is the NFL. You know sometimes the defense just have to make some plays SF did and we didn't end of story. It is ridiculous to blame Ryan for that loss. Did Ryan fall down trying to catch a ball when he was wide open? Did Ryan let gore run free into the endzone for two tds? No we lost as a team everyone made I characteristic mistakes this game.

u mad bro?

I don't think anyone here is mad. You're probably the worst troll I've seen, and there has been a lot, so if anything we feel bad for how dumb you are. You need to get a life man, this is sad. Any thread I have come into that involves Ryan, you are right there, and even if it's not about Ryan, you're there to post something about him. I just can't understand how weird and lonely someone has to be to do this. You honestly could be looking for a job or a school to attend (lord knows you didn't graduate High School, look at how you spell). But of all things you are on a rival message board where no one even cares you exist. I mean is your life that boring and lonely that this is your last resort? Do your parents not love you or give you enough attention? Like I feel bad for you man, you need to branch out. Find some friends, maybe a spouse, I know that'll be hard for you but doesn't mean you shouldn't try. Get out of that cellar/basement man. Are you proud of doing this? Trolling is funny man sure, when it's done right, but you suck at it. If you can't even troll properly, how do you expect McDonals or BK to hire you? Come on man, message me if you need some tips.

I don't think anyone here is mad. You're probably the worst troll I've seen, and there has been a lot, so if anything we feel bad for how dumb you are. You need to get a life man, this is sad. Any thread I have come into that involves Ryan, you are right there, and even if it's not about Ryan, you're there to post something about him. I just can't understand how weird and lonely someone has to be to do this. You honestly could be looking for a job or a school to attend (lord knows you didn't graduate High School, look at how you spell). But of all things you are on a rival message board where no one even cares you exist. I mean is your life that boring and lonely that this is your last resort? Do your parents not love you or give you enough attention? Like I feel bad for you man, you need to branch out. Find some friends, maybe a spouse, I know that'll be hard for you but doesn't mean you shouldn't try. Get out of that cellar/basement man. Are you proud of doing this? Trolling is funny man sure, when it's done right, but you suck at it. If you can't even troll properly, how do you expect McDonals or BK to hire you? Come on man, message me if you need some tips.

i truly appreciate the time you put into this. Edited by Matty Pennington