Heard It For 5 Years Now Same Ole Thing!

shannon

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would tend to agree with that. It is getting old. It's one of the reasons I rarely listen to any post game interviews or press conferences. I get absolutely nothing from them.

It's the process. I'm starting to think its a 20 year process. So 15 years from now, we will finally have some run stuffing DT's, 2 legit pass rushing DE's, some DB's that can tackle, LB's that can cover and stuff the run, OL that can properly run and pass block(what a concept).

Mike Smith's interviews after we lose. Tired of hearing it. Same ole same ole pathetic crap. One more year and if he dont get it done then time to move on....

Good thing you have no say in the matter. I'm sure if Smith actually took the time to read some of the posts on this forum he would say he's tired of some fans saying the same ole same ole pathetic crap. He says what he's supposed to say in those interviews do you really think he would actually come out and rip the offense, defense, or one player?

Edited by wleggett

I sincerely believe this is the most important offseason in this regime's time here with the Falcons. Julio Jones was the last draft home run this front office made....and that move is getting a little age on it.

I don't know what Mike Smith could have done differently on Sunday. Make Matt not drop that snap? Make Harry not trip for no apparent reason? Make the official not throw that flag against Matthews for that ticky tack BS? Make the official throw the flag when the SF player pile drived our QB into the turf well after the ball was gone?

I don't know.

I don't know what Mike Smith could have done differently on Sunday. Make Matt not drop that snap? Make Harry not trip for no apparent reason? Make the official not throw that flag against Matthews for that ticky tack BS? Make the official throw the flag when the SF player pile drived our QB into the turf well after the ball was gone?

I don't know.

Are you kidding me? He should have coached Stephen Nicolas into the second coming of Lawrence Taylor by now. He let Ray Edwards down by not coaching him into the lesser half of the greatest DE combo in the league. If you cant see that he is failing to turn his players into great players, then I cant help you [/

Are you kidding me? He should have coached Stephen Nicolas into the second coming of Lawrence Taylor by now. He let Ray Edwards down by not coaching him into the lesser half of the greatest DE combo in the league. If you cant see that he is failing to turn his players into great players, then I cant help you [/

Nicholas.....I see your purple there...but Nicholas......

DAMMIT, JUST DAMMIT, NICHOLAS!

Moving away from Mike Smith would be a bad choice. If you look at winning organizations - and I say that winning ORGANIZATIONS, they are consistent. Under Mike Smith, we've achieved a level of consistency that no other Falcons team has. We're getting there - he can only work with so much. It's obvious that we started building offense and we are young enough to begin working on the defense without being too overbalanced.

I sincerely believe this is the most important offseason in this regime's time here with the Falcons. Julio Jones was the last draft home run this front office made....and that move is getting a little age on it.

Is there a defensive home run move out there? I'm not too knowledgable on college players

It's the process. I'm starting to think its a 20 year process. So 15 years from now, we will finally have some run stuffing DT's, 2 legit pass rushing DE's, some DB's that can tackle, LB's that can cover and stuff the run, OL that can properly run and pass block(what a concept).

at least those of us who were in elementary school doing the dirty bird on the playground when atlanta last appeared in the SB can look forward to our kids possibly seeing a championship team in atlanta in their day

I don't know.

Shoot MR and the offense carried the team so the fumble shouldn't even be brought up. It sucked and I wish we had no turner overs, but that did not cost us the game. Our D did it was horrible a long with a bunch of bad calls/no call by the refs.

Is there a defensive home run move out there? I'm not too knowledgable on college players

From where we will be drafting liverpool I don't see any home runs.....but I believe there are some ground rule doubles....Alex Okafor, DE from the Texas Longhorns springs to mind real quickly.......wink.png

Good thing you have no say in the matter. I'm sure if Smith actually took the time to read some of the posts on this forum he would say he's tired of some fans saying the same ole same ole pathetic crap. He says what he's supposed to say in those interviews do you really think he would actually come out and rip the offense, defense, or one player?

Coach Smith: The f*cking defense didn't do sh*t today. I'm pissed. They can all suck a d*ck.

This seems to be want some people want. LOL. I'm pretty sure before he goes out and talks to the media, he's already pissed (at times) and doesn't want to have to say a thing. I swear that some of you that rip Smitty for this would rather have Belichek in here. There's a lot of substance in those post game press conferences..... Win or lose

If you notice in the press conference, Smith mentioned nothing about the process. It was all about what changes on the roster can be made to make us a better team across the board. We are that darn close guys. A few heads will roll this off season (players) and provided we stay relatively injury free should be right back contending again next year.

I don't know.

Great post!!!

Shoot MR and the offense carried the team so the fumble shouldn't even be brought up. It sucked and I wish we had no turner overs, but that did not cost us the game. Our D did it was horrible a long with a bunch of bad calls/no call by the refs.

I'm sorry man, no matter how good your offense does in the 1st half, when it gets shut out for the entire second half of a conference championship game, it is going to be brought up.

I will say....I don't think it was coaching. Our players just weren't up for the moment this time. It was too big for them.

The same thing happened to SF last year.

Ok im glad to see your fine with the smitty ball approach.. All im saying is he needs to get rid of the nice guy approach and grow some balls and dont ever take your foot off the gas when it comes to scoring..Look at the bears for instance..... years and years with lovie and he couldnt get it done, we dont need this and our players are aging.... Time is now

Ok im glad to see your fine with the smitty ball approach.. All im saying is he needs to get rid of the nice guy approach and grow some balls and dont ever take your foot off the gas when it comes to scoring..Look at the bears for instance..... years and years with lovie and he couldnt get it done, we dont need this and our players are aging.... Time is now

I know this is hard concept for people to grasp, but the Falcons at no point yesterday intentionally shut the offense down.

Sometimes the other teams make adjustments, sometimes your players get tight and f*ck up. A little bit of both was happening in the second half Sunday.

no points in second half is NOT carryying the team. he carried us to a loss. flacco carried his team. kaepernick carried his team. you icekateers are hilariously delusional.

I know this is hard concept for people to grasp, but the Falcons at no point yesterday intentionally shut the offense down.

Sometimes the other teams make adjustments, sometimes your players get tight and f*ck up. A little bit of both was happening in the second half Sunday.

Exactly but the niners went in at half and the coaches made adjustments, same with the seahawks.. We didnt on D but we changed our O strategey from the deep ball. (WHY?) COACHING!!! Julio was taking them to the woodshed....

Edited by shannon