Heck, We Were Up The Creek Without A Paddle Even If We Had Made The Super Bowl.

Keith

Mike Smith said yesterday that Matt's type of injury takes 3 to 4 weeks to heal, which means he likely would have been at 50 - 70 physically for the Super Bowl and at extreme risk of being put out of the game with even a moderate hit to it.

For the love of it all, I don't even know which McCown is our backup QB: the one who sux or the one who really sux.

Amazingly, I'm surprised we didn't beat the 49ers now. It would be just our luck to get to the SB and be hamstrung by something like Matt's injury or Eugene Robinson's little escapade.

Guest Negatorris

Ryan would have been able to play but he'd be far from 100%. I'm disappointed, but I don't care that we lost. It's time to move on. The Ravens and Niners lost their championship games last season too.

As a team we took a big step this year with MR and Smitty winning their first playoff game. The team knows what it takes, knows what it feels like now to win that first playoff game and continue a season...that's a big step. The FO will put the pieces in place to continue that expectation and propel us forward.

We can be hurt by the loss, lord knows I am. But as a fan for a LONG time who has seen this franchise be a laughing stock...I see the silver lining and that's a winning tradition that's been started. We're going in the right direction and being a consistent franchise is important...at least we have something to look forward to every year.

Imagine being a Chiefs fan...or a Bills fan....or a Browns fan....or a Jaguars fan...those FO's are terrible and those organizations are in the shitter with no future....we have a future...we KNOW we are contenders...we are going to get their guys...have faith.

Imagine being a Chiefs fan...or a Bills fan....or a Browns fan....or a Jaguars fan...those FO's are terrible and those organizations are in the shitter with no future....we have a future...we KNOW we are contenders...we are going to get their guys...have faith.

Absolutely. My dad was trying to help me feel better after the loss. He's a Dolphins fan. He told me, "I know it hurts, I know it sucks, but think of it this way: your team has been relevant every single season for five years. You still have something besides the draft to think about in November and December. You've got the foundation you need to keep it going. You were a few plays from the Superbowl. You know how much I and a million fans of other teams wish we could say all that?"

It still doesn't negate the sting, but it does at least lend a little perspective.