Our New Te Should Be This Guy

Clark Kent™

We have too many needs on the O line and D line to use our 1st round pick on a TE. Especially since the only 2 TE's that are being talked about as possible 1st round picks, are both primarily pass catchers. Not hating on Eifert or Ertz, but both of them are known for their pass catching not run blocking.

Travis Kelce is 6'6 260lbs and runs around a 4.6 40 yard dash (low of 4.58). And he is a devastating blocker. That is what he has been known for at Cincinnati, but this year he showed his receiving abilities.

He is not as fluid as some TE's. It looks like it takes him a little while to get to his top end speed. He obviously is somewhat raw with his routes, but he has very good hands and is very good at snapping his body around and securing the ball on hitch routes which is something Tony was always great at.

Projected 2nd-4th round. By the time combine and everything comes along he very well could have secured a 2nd round grade. I obviously don't want to use a 1st on a TE and maybe not even a 2nd, but if we are going to use a high pick on one i want him to be a balanced guy who will improve our running game and not be a liability. If he is there in the 3rd I am 100% for it.

Edited by Clark Kent

Ignore the music

4th round.

great value here.

He is probably my 2nd fav TE in the draft. He actually reminds me of Tony a little bit as far as running style. He would be good to get in the 4th. I don't see anything that is going to set his draft stock on fire unless he comes our with a blazing 40 time. I wish we would have had Tonys successor already on our roster to have learned from him this past season. A year to learn from him is invaluable.

I'd be cool with a TE who's primary role is blocking. Let Harry pick up the slot action that Tony was getting. Running game needs help, and more blocking will go a long way toward providing that help.

Yeah it will. Kelce isn't just a blocking TE though. Guy would be great running little hitch routes that Tony always ran and would be great up the seam. Just for sake of examples. Gronkowski is 6/6 264 and ran a 4.75. Kelce is almost the same size and ran a low 4.58.

I like this cat even though I have never seen him play but I know Clark kent be on his draft stuff. I dont want us to spend a 1st round pick on a TE either and would rather spend a 3rd or 4th and get a FA TE. I like Kellen Winslow as a option at Te and even like Delanie Walker too.

ESPN's Paul Kuharsky "fully expects" the Titans to use their franchise tag on impending free agent Jared Cook.

Kuharsky is a former Titans' beat writer, so we'll give his take here a little extra credence. Fantasy owners have long been frustrated by Cook's lack of production and under-utilization. If the Titans spend $5.962 million to franchise him on a one-year deal, we'll know they think his ceiling is high as well. Cook managed just 44 catches, 523 yards and four touchdowns in 13 games this season. It's part of the reason offensive coordinator Chris Palmer and tight ends coach John Zernhelt have been fired.

ESPN's Paul Kuharsky "fully expects" the Titans to use their franchise tag on impending free agent Jared Cook.

Kuharsky is a former Titans' beat writer, so we'll give his take here a little extra credence. Fantasy owners have long been frustrated by Cook's lack of production and under-utilization. If the Titans spend $5.962 million to franchise him on a one-year deal, we'll know they think his ceiling is high as well. Cook managed just 44 catches, 523 yards and four touchdowns in 13 games this season. It's part of the reason offensive coordinator Chris Palmer and tight ends coach John Zernhelt have been fired.

Welp lets move on from Cook, but I am concerned about his blocking ability, and what someone said about having a TE that is a better blocker than a pass catcher might be the option to go so that we can use HD more in the slot and we can go into singleback sets more oftern and still have good run blocking

I don't think I'd spend a lower round draft pick on TE this year (not anywhere 1-4 rounds anyway). I'd like to see us go after Oakland Raiders TE Brandon Myers. Not a super run blocker and nothing flashy, but has some fairly consistent hands - he had just shy of 80 catches this year averaging 10 a catch. Still shouldn't break the bank - as there are a few TE free agents ranked ahead of him.

I'd rather have picks 1-4 that focus on defense...either a big DT or DE round 1, then a HB in round 2...then back to D in rounds 3 & 4 with DT or DE (whichever we didn't pick in the 1st) and another LB in the 4th (unless there is a OG that is rated high on our list still)

I just have this sinking feeling that the Falcons are going to use that 1st round pick on either Eifert or Ertz.....and try and restock the defense with Sidbury-esque projects again.

"cause dayumit, if it doesn't work the first 3 times we try it it will surely work the 4th....won't it?....won't it?"

I just have this sinking feeling that the Falcons are going to use that 1st round pick on either Eifert or Ertz.....and try and restock the defense with Sidbury-esque projects again.

"cause dayumit, if it doesn't work the first 3 times we try it it will surely work the 4th....won't it?....won't it?"

Yeah I kind of get that vibe but I think TD will get some studs. If he does to that route, I still like Eifert. He is going to be a **** of a TE for a long time.

I dont thi

I dont think that he will do that espeically considering that we have White, JOnes, and Hd who are all capable of getting the job done at their positions and will be much more of a priority vs a rookie TE. Gonzales was a priority because of his talent and experience and that trust that Matt had with him, a Rookie TE will be the 4th option in our offense so no use drafting a TE with the 1st pick when we need to upgrade our D and O Lines first or even use it on a RB because we need to upgrade our run game too.

Yeah I kind of get that vibe but I think TD will get some studs. If he does to that route, I still like Eifert. He is going to be a **** of a TE for a long time.

Maybe I'm just still reeling from the defensive performances in the 2nd half of both playoff games A-TowN, but I just believe strongly that we're almost in crisis mode when it comes to that d-line....and our lack of playmakers (sans Spoon) in our LB core got exposed too.

I'm deeply concerned about our defense.