Still Don't Understand Why The Eff Snelling Is Used So Little

Radiohead

I say give him a chance. He has been Great for us in the past and has very good hands. I have no idea why he wasn't used more. My buddy says the steelers would love him.

We've practically wasted him for the past 2 years now dragging our **** feet.

If there is one thing that drives me INSANE about Smith it is his stubbornness.

I always feel like Snelling is a bit overrated by most of you. I'm not knockin the dude, but he's not out there truckin dudes. And lets be honest, for every decent run he has, he has 2-3 that are filled with boneheaded deals. Like the spin move behind the line on Sunday. He probably could've just sidestepped the dude, instead, he spins and gets tackled behind the line...

I always feel like Snelling is a bit overrated by most of you. I'm not knockin the dude, but he's not out there truckin dudes. And lets be honest, for every decent run he has, he has 2-3 that are filled with boneheaded deals. Like the spin move behind the line on Sunday. He probably could've just sidestepped the dude, instead, he spins and gets tackled behind the line...

I don't need, nor expect him to run like frigging Adrian Peterson bro.

He has fresh legs and the kid can play.

Just simply do not understand why deep in the Playoffs when the guy is as fresh as anyone could be he doesn't get any consistent touches.

I guess so.

I am ready for Turner to be gone.

agreed.

he gave us some really good years and carried this team for a few of them but he doesnt have any gas in the tank.

you cant play our style of offense with a back that takes 5 mins to hit a hole, and thats even if he hits the right one.

not tryin to really hate on the man, but he just doesnt have it anymore.

snelling>turner

quizz for prez

Really dude? Sidestep a defender? Really??? You can tell the people who never played sports.

We have too many weapons on offense that demand the ball for Snelling to get the amount of touches he would see on a different team.

Snelling may possible be a #1 back on some teams (prob not, but who knows..) and would be a #2 on a lot of teams. He has a lot of heart and is versatile in that he can run, catch, and block.

However, the question is, who loses touches so that Snelling gets more? There lies the delima.

Lets not forget that Snelling is also a good ST player.

Snelling is 29 and will hit 30 next year... granted he has Very Little tread on him...

still not a guy I wanna toss into the lead roll with the way smith likes to ride people to their death bed...

snelling would be 1 n done..

I think he can split carries easy with quizz its worth a **** shot at least but lets not give him a turner roll

Really dude? Sidestep a defender? Really??? You can tell the people who never played sports.

Yeah, it's often referred to as a "cut". Apparently, you're the one who didn't play. Turner made quite a few nice "cuts" on Sunday. Hang on a sec, and I'll post a video. Snelling doesn't cut at all. He jumps, spins, dives, and goes down pretty easy for a guy his size. Here you go.

They must be growing in popularity since they practice in college now!

I don't get it either. He had ONE carry Sunday and darn near broke it for 6. Did you see the intensity in that run? He was chomping at the bit. I thought he could totally pick up the load and eat clock after Turner left, but we never called his name again.

If we don't want him, I'm sure the Patriots do. He is right down their alley. A FOOTBALL player. He does anything you ask and does it well. Fullback, Tailback, catch passes, pass block, play special teams... The guy is tremendously valuable.

Yeah, it's often referred to as a "cut". Apparently, you're the one who didn't play. Turner made quite a few nice "cuts" on Sunday. Hang on a sec, and I'll post a video. Snelling doesn't cut at all. He jumps, spins, dives, and goes down pretty easy for a guy his size. Here you go.

They must be growing in popularity since they practice in college now!

Really? REALLY DUDE? LOL!!!!!!!!!! I've played football. RB, FB, TE, DE, CB, etc.. And to make a "side step/cut" isnt as easy as you think mr Crimes. Dude, put down the X-box controller and stop making asinine comments.

Gotta agree with OP.. I say we trade Turner for whatever picks we can get, and have Snelling take over his carries. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for what Turner has given this franchise, but all good things must come to an end. I think Snelling has MORE than earned a chance for more opportunities. Besides, if we let him and Quizz split carries next year, we can use all of our draft picks on the trenches.. not another RB

how do you sidestep a defender as a RB?

I am amazed at how effective Quizz Rogers was for our team leading up to and during the playoffs!!

The guy made things happen and I was very pleased with what he could do. I have much more confidence in him than many on these boards. I truly think he could handle starting tailback responsibilities beginning next year. Sure I am on board with finding another stud but w/ Snells there to share the duty, I am OK letting Turner ride off into the sunset.

I love MT... But unless he takes a substantial cut in pay, we are better draftin a rook who has great hands and big pro upside...

Quizz ran with power, found holes MT in incapable of hitting, and also kept defenses honest with his hands...