Can Someone Explain To Me How Sf Wasn't Called For Roughing The Passer

Ice5303

Most of the posters on here are talking about when Ryan was driven to the ground, I surprisingly don't have a problem with that play, it was right after Ryan releases the ball where I have the problem, Go back and watch the replay, the TV angle is from behind and the guy rushing Ryan swings his arm down across Matt's helmet, you can clearly see Ryan's helmet jerk down, it probably would have looked even worse from a front camera angle, Ryan's helmet dipped down over his eyes,

How can you call Matthews and not call that in a crucial situation, I would love to ask a league official or the ref who was watching Ryan ...why no call,

It really was pretty obvious

Most of the posters on here are talking about when Ryan was driven to the ground, I surprisingly don't have a problem with that play, it was right after Ryan releases the ball where I have the problem, Go back and watch the replay, the TV angle is from behind and the guy rushing Ryan swings his arm down across Matt's helmet, you can clearly see Ryan's helmet jerk down, it probably would have looked even worse from a front camera angle, Ryan's helmet dipped down over his eyes,

How can you call Matthews and not call that in a crucial situation, I would love to ask a league official or the ref who was watching Ryan ...why no call,

Ryan was running with the ball and passed the line of scrimmage. there isnt roughing the passer once a QB decides to run.

Ryan was running with the ball and passed the line of scrimmage. there isnt roughing the passer once a QB decides to run.

No No, 2nd down, when he dumps the ball off to Snelling, the play where he sprained his AC joint

Go watch the replay man, honestly tell me his head wasn't slapped down on, and he's in the pocket

I mean. What's done is done, no turning back, I'm just curious what the refs would say as to why it was not called

No No, 2nd down, when he dumps the ball off to Snelling, the play where he sprained his AC joint

Go watch the replay man, honestly tell me his head wasn't slapped down on, and he's in the pocket

I mean. What's done is done, no turning back, I'm just curious what the refs would say as to why it was not called

Nvm I didnt fully read your post.

I have to fully look at the replay

Edited by SF-Wald

Can somebody explain to me how that pass to Harry Douglass was ruled a catch???

Sure... Ruling on field was a catch, replay was iffy, And has to be 100% evident..to overturn. Even Mike Pereira, former VP of officiating said the ref made the right call after looking at the replay

It's over. It doesn't matter at this point. All that matters is we didn't make enough plays to win the game. I was talking to a Niners fan at work and he said the refs were making up for non-calls when our receivers were pushing off. We see what we want to see except the final score in the game.

Sure... Ruling on field was a catch, replay was iffy, And has to be 100% evident..to overturn. Even Mike Pereira, former VP of officiating said the ref made the right call after looking at the replay

It wasn't evident that he failed to maintain control throughout ? That's why Harbaugh had a seizure on the sidelines lol

It wasn't evident that he failed to maintain control throughout ? That's why Harbaugh had a seizure on the sidelines lol

Yes but it was one of those plays that it was going to stay whatever was ruled on the field, it wasn't conclusive either way so they couldn't overturn it either way.

Actually, it wasn't "obvious" at all. You'll notice no one, not Ryan, not Smith, not anyone on the Falcons' side, was making any kind of activity that it should've been a flag. If it was truly "obvious", that's your first sign.

I downloaded the game, so out of curiosity I went back and watched that play and the replay you reference. Brooks came in for the tackle, put his chest into Ryan's shoulder, and used his arms to wrap up and take Ryan down (NOTE: Ryan *just* got the pass out in time, so the hit was not late and taking him to the ground was not roughing in the slightest). During the process of moving his arms to wrap up Ryan, Brooks forearm grazes his helmet, but the very minor movement of Ryan's helmet (noticable only on slow-mo replay, and likely not during gametime speed) could've easily been caused by either the incidental contact or by the force of the hit itself. Either way, it was a perfectly clean, perfectly legal hit. College coaches should show that play to their student athletes, it was such a clean hit.

You wonder why that didn't get a flag but the chincy call on Kaepernick did. Very easy explanation: the defender went for a swat at the ball, missed, and his hand came down fully on the crown of Kaepernick's helmet. It wasn't intentional, but it was a blow to the head by any objective measure. I don't like the rule anymore than you guys do (SF has been hurt by it in the past), but it is clearly a rule, and any defender who doesn't know about it only has themself to blame. That's not an officiating problem; that's a rules problem.

It wasn't a blown call, and the only people who thought it was are sore losers who wanted to be bailed out by the refs in order to win a game that their play on the field couldn't. That's your honest answer.

Finally some honesty, That's the only answer I could think of

Oh. I see you were looking for the conspiracy angle. Ignore my post, then: the NFL is rigged, 9/11 was an inside job, and Obama orchestrated Sandy Hook to take your guns. Carry on.

But when the ref's say that it wasn't roughing the passer they are wrong... Love the logic here.

Because Ryan wasn't on every newspaper and tv channel all week. Thus why Kapernick got his penalty for a ***** slap to the face mask but Ryan gets a dislocated shoulder and nothing????? Honestly I'm surprised the refs didn't call him for unsportsmanlike conduct for grabbing his shoulder in pain

Because Ryan wasn't on every newspaper and tv channel all week. Thus why Kapernick got his penalty for a ***** slap to the face mask but Ryan gets a dislocated shoulder and nothing????? Honestly I'm surprised the refs didn't call him for unsportsmanlike conduct for grabbing his shoulder in pain

You are aware that the rules for penalties aren't dependent upon the impact to the player, but rather the action of the defender, correct?