Dirtybird#11

HARRY DOUGLAS  

145 members have voted

1. 1. WHO WANTS HD CUT OR TRADED?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His speed has gone down since his injury but I definatley don't want to see him gone the man has made some clutch plays for us this year if anything I want to see more of him and the rest of our entire recieving core. This is something about Mike Smith that irks the crap outa me when we have 53 guys on roster why do we ONLY see these lesser knowns when somebody goes down with injury if we mix it up often then our rotation guys will develop and get more experience. HD is never going to be victor Cruz but he is definatley a threat in our offense and I like him and say keep him. He would benefit from alot of snaps with Matt this offseason. With the attention our 2 number 1 guys get from a defense the other 3 WRs we keep should be lookin like legit number 2's for any other team ALL of them and then we can use them for trade bait

I voted yes cause he's nonexistent this year and would of gotten the go ahead td if he doesn't stumble. He's weak, gets tackled on every catch, runs like he's gonna fall down. He was a stud his rookie year though. Bring in Wes Welker.

Welker, JJ and White would tie up so much cap room in a single position. Add to that Ryan's new contract and the team would have no cap space to build a balanced team.

Yesterday, I would have voted yes. Now, I vote to keep him if we lose Gonzo. Ryan has three hyper-reliable targets, so he doesn't have much of a need to go to his fourth read. Heck, he wouldn't have time if he needed to. If we lose Gonzo, I'd like to see if Douglas an step into that #3 receiver spot and do well. That way the TE, whoever it might be, can be a more reliable blocker without affecting our ability to go down field.

Im tired of him he does nothing for us every year a wasted roster spot

your a clown, go home. Harry came up big whenever we called upon him. very little chances with Julio, Roddy, and Tony in the same O. One of the most reliable set of hands in the league statisticly. he will get many more chances with tony gone. dont call out a guy with a poll like this when he hasnt done anything wrong. this actually got me mad bc some people actually voted yes

If we could get a stud return guy who could also play the slot i would be all for letting him go. I definitely think he has lost his edge in the return game. I cant wait to see what TD does this off season and i am very optimistic about next year. We still have a young talented core of guys and I feel like the best is yet to come.

Roddy white: 9 mil

Julio Jones: 4 mil

Welker: ~8 mil

Ryan: ~20 mil (projected)

That's roughly 41 million dollars. Atlanta has very little cap room already. What about resigning Baker, others.

They'll free up room on Ryan's next contract and a couple of restructures/cuts will give us what we need to sign players that fit better into the scheme. We'll be alright.

They'll free up room on Ryan's next contract and a couple of restructures/cuts will give us what we need to sign players that fit better into the scheme. We'll be alright.

Ryan's cap # will double. They wont free up ****. They will lose a lot of cap space. If he is an elite qb, then he will get paid north of 17 mil.

They have Grimes and Baker as free agents, and needs on D.

You cant have all your cap tied to a QB and wide receivers.

Edited by SF-Wald

Harry has disappointed this year. The dude is always being single covered and he doesnt produce enough. I know he doesnt get the targets as everyone else but I expect more from him with the chances he does get. I would like to see open competition for the 3rd wr spot next year. I think we have some young guys that could un seat Harry. Yesterday was a good example of his lack of production. Harry was not covered on that last catch and it should have been a touchdown and he should have made a clean catch rather than a bobble. He doesnt seem to have the explosion he showed as a rookie.

Harry has disappointed this year. The dude is always being single covered and he doesnt produce enough. I know he doesnt get the targets as everyone else but I expect more from him with the chances he does get. I would like to see open competition for the 3rd wr spot next year. I think we have some young guys that could un seat Harry. Yesterday was a good example of his lack of production. Harry was not covered on that last catch and it should have been a touchdown and he should have made a clean catch rather than a bobble. He doesnt seem to have the explosion he showed as a rookie.

The guy had 400 yards. Two receivers north of 1k and a TE very close to 1k. You cannot honestly expect him to do much better than that.

His production will go up now that TG is gone.

Agree.

Regarding comparing production of Welker and HD. Welker is often 1st option. HD is usually 3rd or 4th due to our offensive scheme & WR corp and Tony G.

Our 4th reciever option on offense is not the problem. HD is not the problem. He is a reliable, inexpensive team player as 3rd WR/4th option. There are bigger priorities to fix....on Offense alone we need to run the ball better, find Tony G replacement and what to to do at Right Guard.