Jarred Allen - Thoughts Of Pursuing Him In Trade

leowolf

Jarred Allen entering his final season with Vikings at a hefty salary of 12 million

coming off a down season but still produced 12 sacks . He is also dealing with having shoulder surgery this off season The Vikings will probably dangle him on the trade market and see what they can fetch before they pay him . What would be everyone's thoughts about giving up a 2nd in 2013 draft and a 4th in 2014th draft . If we could get Allen and try and convince Tony G for one more go round before retring . I feel him and Abe while up in age could still be a nice duo . He also can take Abe spot after the season . Allen is only 30 years old and still has good3-4 years left .

I really like Allen but I think it's incredibly important that this team find some young talent......and not ******* doomed projects like Sidbury and Matthews......real talent.

Any team in the league would want to have Jared Allen

I highly doubt they trade him he's pretty much all they have and had 22 sacks last year

Obviously if he was available we want him, our DL is a joke we need a big DT and a pass rushing DE

Freeney and Osi are 2 realistic options we will go after hard

The Vikings are a playoff team, why in the world would they want to get rid of one of their best players?

He is a free agent in 2014. They might dangle him if they feel they cant resign him or want to go younger. Yes they are a playoff team but they are far away from being a title contender.

Any team in the league would want to have Jared Allen

I highly doubt they trade him he's pretty much all they have and had 22 sacks last year

Obviously if he was available we want him, our DL is a joke we need a big DT and a pass rushing DE

Freeney and Osi are 2 realistic options we will go after hard

I'd like freeney and if we can get jay ratliff and draft a first round de we'd be set on the Dline. Then we can go MLB/RB and WR in the second and third rounds. That makes too much sense.

This regime doesn't seem to want to spend big FA dollars on a DE.

They have had the oppourtunity over the last 4 years to do so Peppers Johnson and Williams and they didn't pull the trigger.

With the above in mind I just am not feeling them pulling the trigger now in any scenario where they will spend up big in FA or via trade.

I do feel TD if the right deal can be done would move up in the draft could be not an unrealistic possiblity.I just get the feeling TD feels more confident in scouting and moving of pieces on in the war room and draft boards than he does in dealing with big $$$ FA's.

• 1 month later...