Watching The Game After Being At The Game, Things I Notice

Ice5303

A coupe of things, this was after me just watching the first half

Decoud can not tackle, outside of his first deflection, he was terrible in coverage,

Kroy lost the ball on the first 49ers TD, then lost it on Kaepernicks run, then lost it again on Gores big run

The Stephen Nicholas 15 yard penalty was a JOKE, they were both going at each other and pushing forward, Nicholas just gave him the ole ay, Terrible call

Lastly there were holes open in the run game, Turner just takes way to long to get to them

The Roddy White inside route no holding call stands out in my mind after watching it over. I know Matt Ryan likes to throw to receivers that get held to get the penalty call so him going to Roddy was the right move since everyone was covered well. I notice how Roddy's route starts to cut in a yard or two pass the first down and by the time he is looking for the pass, Bowman has pushed him 2 to 3 yards under the first down. Bowman has a right to his spot on the field but he can't redirect or push a player on his route when the pass is coming that way.

One other play that comes to mind was the tackle Matt Ryan took that injured his shoulder by Brooks. Ryan already threw the pass and was moving away, Brooks starts taking Ryan down and lands on him with full force. That's roughing the passer that was not called.

I guess I keep thinking the result will be different the more times I watch it

The unsportsmanlike penalty on Nicholas, terrible terrible call

Shame on Nik.

It the last punch thrown who gets the Flag.

Nik got punked and fell for the oldest trick in the book.

So in retrospect he deserved it for being a dumbbeass.

i thought nic had a great season, but yesterday he was TERRIBLE. i didn't see weatherspoon getting abused on replay, but i **** sure didn't see him making any plays either. same with dent. i'm not gonna come out and say our LB's suck, but they **** sure didn't show up yesterday.

The Roddy White inside route no holding call stands out in my mind after watching it over. I know Matt Ryan likes to throw to receivers that get held to get the penalty call so him going to Roddy was the right move since everyone was covered well. I notice how Roddy's route starts to cut in a yard or two pass the first down and by the time he is looking for the pass, Bowman has pushed him 2 to 3 yards under the first down. Bowman has a right to his spot on the field but he can't redirect or push a player on his route when the pass is coming that way.

One other play that comes to mind was the tackle Matt Ryan took that injured his shoulder by Brooks. Ryan already threw the pass and was moving away, Brooks starts taking Ryan down and lands on him with full force. That's roughing the passer that was not called.

Read some where that Roddy said it was pass interference but he knows Ref's are not going to call it in a close championship game like that. Well if Roddy knows it don't ya think Bowman didn't know it as well. As far as the hit on Matt that was a joke. We get called for unnecessary roughness for a slight slap on 49's QB face mask and Brook's hits Matt after the throw, ok just slightly after throw but then drives Matt to ground and no flag.. Even the Replacement ref's would have gotten that right.

Kroy Bierman is one of the worst DE i have ever seen play the read option. In the pregame shows before the game, every time there was a misread or some DE trying to catch a QB that clearly has him in the rear view it was Kroy.

Well hate to hurt your feelings but he did have two tackles which is 2 more then Abe had, Abe should have never been active he was useless, I know he was hurt it's not like they were scared by just his presents.

Been a falcon fan since bartkowski. I still tell my buds he was the best qb to ever play the position(lol). Here is what I think. Everything starts with the o and d line. You must be able to run the ball and stop the run. Period. You can have a passing attack like we had this year, but a running game helps keeps the d honest. Throw the ball on first down. I was calling all of our plays from my couch yesterday before the snap. If I knew what was coming you know the niners did as well. We should have gone no huddle and kept the pace up all game. The middle of the field was there all game. Couple of other things. Our guys talk too much chit and they have won nothing. Get your azz back in the huddle and get ready for the next play. Shut your f'ing mouth and tackle somebody. We need some ball players who are fundamentally sound and know how to block and tackle. I am so sick of all the jawing and dancing. First series Decloud makes a play on third down and then acts like an azz clown. He coudnt tackle my 9 year old daughter in the open field. Asante giving aikers an earful before or after his miss. Shut the f up and tackle somebody. I can't take it anymore.

Not sure if anyone else saw this but I'm pretty sure just after that play they showed Gonzales being rather vocal on the sidelines saying he was wide open. I'm not sure if he was talking about that play or about himself but context would suggest so.

Read some where that Roddy said it was pass interference but he knows Ref's are not going to call it in a close championship game like that. Well if Roddy knows it don't ya think Bowman didn't know it as well. As far as the hit on Matt that was a joke. We get called for unnecessary roughness for a slight slap on 49's QB face mask and Brook's hits Matt after the throw, ok just slightly after throw but then drives Matt to ground and no flag.. Even the Replacement ref's would have gotten that right.

Ryan held onto the ball until Brooks jumped for the sack. Brooks could not stop mid-motion.

Ya'll this one hurts. Shout out to section 127 row 11,12 and 13 we were repping! I'm always the one complaining about the offense, but besides the turnovers and the questionable call on the last play of the game, I was pretty pleased with the way they played. Defense needs an overhaul something fierce. For everyone that was there We did what we could and didn't let up. I was yelling so much I started getting dizzy know this always get said but We'll be back next year, And as long as there is a defensive overhaul I'm pretty positive about this squad.

lots of either poor officiating or bias officiating, imo. Makes ya wonder...

We should have played a better game, but we did play well enough to win. Problem was that margin was slim enough to allow the officiating to change the outcome. 49ers played a good game also and could have played better... overall, it just was not our day.

I hope the players dont get down on this and i hope we strike back hard next year.. Our defense should be even better next year and our offense should be either the same or better (young Rb).

Btw, did anyone see the play where Douglas was knocked down 8+ yards from the line of scrimmage? I saw it while watching the game and have not seen or heard of it since.