There Is Only One Play Call I Can't Forgive

JBourneMurkedU

I can forgive everything that happened in that game except for 1 play call, 1 decision that I can now remember since everything has sunk in.....

1st and 10 at SF 16 Jacquizz Rodgers rush over left guard for 1 yard to the SANFRNCSCO 15, tackled by Patrick Willis.

The first play on what would be our last set of downs. I don't care how cute you're trying to get, you do not take the ball out of Matt Ryan's hands there with the weapons he has. If he doesn't get a first down in 4 tries in the redzone, GG you stopped our best. Almost feel like Smitty and company cared too much about leaving less time assuming a score. In that situation IMO you need to go quick, you're down, assume the worst with 1 timeout gone and give yourself a chance if you don't somehow get it in the redzone which we didn't.

The entire redzone possession when you look back on it was bad execution from start to finish in all phases.

Guest Negatorris

I don't have a problem with that call. I have a problem with Smith not taking a timeout after his franchise QB got up slowly and started holding onto his shoulder.

Had a bit of a problem with both, tbh. Didn't like the third down call either. I don't like those one read plays on third or fourth downs. Very similar to the pass intended for Quizz early in the game on the FG drive. I don't mind them on first or second downs, but on third and fourth I want our quarterback to have choices.

I would have liked the playcall better if we had a good enough run game to catch them thinking pass and maybe pick up 5 or 6 yards, but we don't. At least it wasn't Turner up the gut though. The way our D had played I can't really fault Smitty for wanting to try and score with under a minute to go.

I could go the rest of my life without ever seeing that ******* rolling pocket bullsh*t again.

Ahmad Brooks did Matt Ryan a HUGE favor by batting that pass down, because if he doesn't Rogers is taking it all the way to the house.

Yep. 3rd down waa the wasted play. That **** hasn't worked since MM was here.

To me it looked like at the end of the game we were trying to get the first down before even trying to score so we could milk the clock more before scoring the problem is the 49ers knew what we were trying to do. One on hand can't blame Smitty the defense couldn't be trusted, but on the other hand 49ers were going to defend the first down like it is the goal line

Edited by Brehus

Had a bit of a problem with both, tbh. Didn't like the third down call either. I don't like those one read plays on third or fourth downs. Very similar to the pass intended for Quizz early in the game on the FG drive. I don't mind them on first or second downs, but on third and fourth I want our quarterback to have choices.

The third down play was a classic from Mularkey's playbook that I wigs was burned to ashes. It's always a tough throw. If it was not tipped it would have likely been picked cause Roddy was not open.

i will be totally honest. i totally assumed we were going to score. i was telling everyone that if we scored too soon, we would leave too much time on the clock for them to score on us. we had shown we couldn't stop them. in retrospect, i see some of y'alls point. i have just gotten gun-shy. i can't help it and if some of y'all say you didn't feel the same way, you are lying!!!

The only way that play would have worked is if Ice would have rolled out, stopped, and thrown back across the rield to either Quizz or Gonzo. That would have been an easy score!

Legitimately not sure Ryan's shoulder would have allowed that type of movement. On the last play of the game, didn't look like the left side of his body was working in tandem with the right!