Senior Bowl Practice

Adam25

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't really like the idea of getting Hunt because of his age and supposed rawness but then someone showed me a video of him in the hawaii bowl.

It was only Fresno State but I can't remember the last time I've seen such a dominant performance by a DE. He was all over them and single handedly destroyed them. I would definitely not be opposed to taking this guy in the 1st. I've always wanted a super athletic guy to replace Abraham and I believe it can be him. I also want Gholston later on in the 4th.

Here's a question for you guys, with Abe's age up their already, would you be apposed to double dipping at DE ? possibly in FA or in the 4th round ? at this point in time im hoping we draft in this order DE 1st DT 2nd RB 3rd DE 4th TE 5 th ( I have us getting a TE in free agency) KR/PR 6th BPA or Lattimore if he falls.

I didn't really like the idea of getting Hunt because of his age and supposed rawness but then someone showed me a video of him in the hawaii bowl.

It was only Fresno State but I can't remember the last time I've seen such a dominant performance by a DE. He was all over them and single handedly destroyed them. I would definitely not be opposed to taking this guy in the 1st. I've always wanted a super athletic guy to replace Abraham and I believe it can be him. I also want Gholston later on in the 4th.

I like the idea of him, only cause he reminds me of Watt (a bit) but then you think maybe he can't translate to the NFL level, as apposed to a guy like Alex Okafor, dominate bull rush with solid spin moves and is stout against the run. Had a good first day of Senior Bowl practice as well.

Here's a question for you guys, with Abe's age up their already, would you be apposed to double dipping at DE ? possibly in FA or in the 4th round ? at this point in time im hoping we draft in this order DE 1st DT 2nd RB 3rd DE 4th TE 5 th ( I have us getting a TE in free agency) KR/PR 6th BPA or Lattimore if he falls.

i think id rather double dip at DT instead, we need more help up the middle in my opinion

i think id rather double dip at DT instead, we need more help up the middle in my opinion

Really ? I think we have some pieces Travin Robertson, Corey Peters, Babineux, Vance Walker. If a guy like Sylvester slips in the second he will help our run defense and our pass defense as well. DE I think we could get someone that Abe can groom and a guy that starts opposite to abe.

YESSSSSSSSS DE in the first and maybe take a fly on Carradine. Carradine could be a huge steal if he comes back okay.

I'm really hung up on the age. 26 as a rookie is old. If he goes round 1, you get one contract and you are looking at a 31 year old guy.

Really ? I think we have some pieces Travin Robertson, Corey Peters, Babineux, Vance Walker. If a guy like Sylvester slips in the second he will help our run defense and our pass defense as well. DE I think we could get someone that Abe can groom and a guy that starts opposite to abe.

corey peters hasnt been the same this year in my opinion. But i can see your point we are deep at DT. I just dont like what ive seen from these guys this year. And travian robertson hasnt seen hardly any action if any.

Gholston is good but he may be more of a 3-4 DE with his height and weight. If he performs well at the combine and shows some explosiveness then I would love to have him. We need a speed rusher.

I am not a fan of Hunt. He just doesn't do it for me. I am a fan of Okafor's though and I would take him at #30 in a heartbeat. He's just a good pass rusher. He is like Brian Orakpo, and not just because they both are Texas boys. He's good against the run and can get to the QB from the front side.

Gholston is good but he may be more of a 3-4 DE with his height and weight. If he performs well at the combine and shows some explosiveness then I would love to have him. We need a speed rusher.

Smitty hasn't ruled out a switch to the 3-4 next season. I'd take Hunt (or Okafor) in Round One and Gholston in Round Four.

Edited by virginiafalcon