Did Smith Say We Are Switching To The 3-4?

freakyfalcon

yea... I think Coach Nolan wants that big NT that frees up our LB's in the run game... .. We've scouted NT's hard... We could grab one in FA.

I think Coach Nolan wants to be able to truly run a hybrid... We ran a hybrid but we didnt have the NT to really run the 3-4 when we wanted to....

But with a NT... It could free up the LB's to make plays... Thats why Ray Lewis love a big NT.

Lets let Coach Nolan build his D the way he thinks he need to.

It won't be a full out 3-4. It will be like what the Ravens or Seahawks run. We need to get bigger up front. Add some beef and subsequently you will be able to run more hybrid looks Nolan wasn't able to employ this year due to lack of personnel.

yea... I think Coach Nolan wants that big NT that frees up our LB's in the run game... .. We've scouted NT's hard... We could grab one in FA.

I think Coach Nolan wants to be able to truly run a hybrid... We ran a hybrid but we didnt have the NT to really run the 3-4 when we wanted to....

But with a NT... It could free up the LB's to make plays... Thats why Ray Lewis love a big NT.

Lets let Coach Nolan build his D the way he thinks he need to.

Where is the info on who we've been looking at?

So Atlanta going 3-4 now, I think we should bring Anthony Spencer, Chase Blackburn and for a big boy Shaun Phillips. Ahhhhhh sucks this wont happen, i think we would have the best Linebackers in the game, BUT HEY MAYBE MIKE SMITH WILL READ THIS AND SAY " HEY THAT GUY HAS A REALLY STRONG VOICE AND I SHOULD TRY TO DO THAT." I love to playing pretend. biggrin.pnglaugh.png

Edited by GoldenStateFalconFan

WE DONT HAVE THE PERSONEL TO RUN A 3-4!! YOU GUYS ARE SAYING OUR LB'S SUCK AND NOW YOU WANT TO PUT MORE OF THEM ON THE FIELD????SMFH

Uh NO.

3 Babs, Peters, and some slobber knocking NT via FA or the Draft

4 Abraham, Spoon, Nik, Biermann

Biermann is aq Perfect 3-4 OLB.

Dent Rotates with Nik.

Schiller Rotates with Spoon and or Nik.

It's not the scheme that's killing us. It's the talent.....or more accurately, the lack of talent.

Very true. But I think we weren't able to get some talent because they didn't "fit our scheme". Now, what I think Smitty was alluding to, I don't think we will say that. Some players are just playmakers and need to be put on the field. We can't say "He's a 3-4 guy so let's take him off". We need to get playmakers. Whatever they play, find a way to make it work. We couldn't do that with BVG because he was only a 4-3 guy. Nolan will employ whatever scheme gets the best playmakers on the field.

Very true. But I think we weren't able to get some talent because they didn't "fit our scheme". Now, what I think Smitty was alluding to, I don't think we will say that. Some players are just playmakers and need to be put on the field. We can't say "He's a 3-4 guy so let's take him off". We need to get playmakers. Whatever they play, find a way to make it work. We couldn't do that with BVG because he was only a 4-3 guy. Nolan will employ whatever scheme gets the best playmakers on the field.

Exactly vel, and that was what I was alluding to. With the various offenses an NFL has to face in any given one season I think it's beneficial to have a DC who make easily mix up the sets and schemes. Nolan does that with ease......IMO opinion though he's been trying (this year) to run a Lamborghini defense with Ford Fiesta parts.

Whatever Nolan wants is what we should do - he's a proven commodity and he also recognizes college talent/pro talent to run his scheme.

I'm fairly confident that Mike Smith defers to Nolan now - as long as that is the case - the defense should get better.

hopefully Nolan has been talking to Dimitroff and his talent scouts as well to seek out the players he needs for his schemes from size/ability/motor/etc.

Whatever Nolan wants is what we should do - he's a proven commodity and he also recognizes college talent/pro talent to run his scheme.

I'm fairly confident that Mike Smith defers to Nolan now - as long as that is the case - the defense should get better.

My 2 favorite coaches on the Falcons right now are Nolan and Pat Hill......only because I think they have extracted the best results with marginal personnel.