My Perspective

orpheous3000

To finish and put the Falcons season in perspective.. this was a franchise 5 yrs ago.. that had a dog fighter as a QB.. had Bobby Patrino only coach us for 6 weeks then bounced to college.. had a 4-12 record that season...we were the laughing stock of the NFL... we didnt have a QB, Coach, etc... and never had back to back winning seasons .. Even with Vick... Move ahead 5 yrs... We have had the Best record in the NFC since that time.. Winning seasons every year from that point.. and Made it one game out of the Super Bowl... in a year that most people on here thought we wouldnt even make the playoffs.. or at best a wild card... Thats why I could really care less about the haters at this point... We have a good thing going.. and of course.. Need to shore up some stuff on DEFENSE..... Even with that we were still only 10 yrds short from making it to the big game..... PROUD FALCONS FAN here..... See ya'll next season!!!

While it's true this franchise used to be awful, I think the forums and myself included are just depressed right now. It's HARD to get to the NFC Championship game. It's HARD to watch your team blow a 17 point lead and get outscored 14-0 in the 2nd half. There are so many unknowns in the NFL, and we have no idea if we can continue to have these solid 10-13 win seasons. We're losing our TE (most likely) our center, our only pass rusher is gonna be pretty much a nonfactor next year because of age, our secondary will all be older...etc you get the point. This was the last hoorah for a LOT of key players on this team. Now, the nucleus is still in place... Ryan, Julio, Roddy... but even then, Roddy is getting older as well.

While it's true this franchise used to be awful, I think the forums and myself included are just depressed right now. It's HARD to get to the NFC Championship game. It's HARD to watch your team blow a 17 point lead and get outscored 14-0 in the 2nd half. There are so many unknowns in the NFL, and we have no idea if we can continue to have these solid 10-13 win seasons. We're losing our TE (most likely) our center, our only pass rusher is gonna be pretty much a nonfactor next year because of age, our secondary will all be older...etc you get the point. This was the last hoorah for a LOT of key players on this team. Now, the nucleus is still in place... Ryan, Julio, Roddy... but even then, Roddy is getting older as well.

very true.. all points valid.... but EXCEPT for Gonzalez.. I think new additions to the ones that might leave could be an upgrade if scouted properly... Lets see what happens