Time For My Exit Interview....

It was a great season, we came up one game short or really one play short. A couple of dubious no calls by the refs if you really want to get down to it. Even then we would not have been in that situation if Matt doesn't make a rare mistake I haven't seen him do all year which is take his eyes of the ball on the snap. Our offense is obviously SB quality but our defense isn't, not yet. We got over a huge hump this year in winning a playoff game with Smitty and Ryan but the rest just wasn't meant to be this year. Most seasons come down to an handful of plays and that certainly applies here, especially yesterday.

I still have faith in AB, the front office and this coaching staff to continue to make this team better and to get us back here and beyond. I always take some time off from the board during the off season because I can't stand all the negative nancy's starting in on their whining. It's already started now as we speak....err type. There may be a valid point buried in their drivel but most of it just borders on the ridiculous. Fire Smith and trade Ryan type things for example. Not going to hang around to read it.....see you guys as it gets closer to preseason. May you all have a nice safe and prosperous off season and God bless all.

These threads are so funny to me lol

Whatever, just saying how I feel. I always take some time away from this board during the off season and try to focus on things a little more important than football for awhile. It is after all, just a game. Some folks here are going to spend the entire off season slicing this team apart and I just don't care to see that. It usually falls on deaf ears but I've been a fan of this team for forty four years and a bunch of posters on this board are spoiled little children who don't know how good they have it. Our team has been built to be a sustainable winning franchise and whatever it takes, AB, TD and Smitty will eventually get it done. Things are a lot different from the endless years of misery I went through when the Smiths owned the team. Edited by Falc_Fan_Since_Six

Dubious calls? lol.. you guys got away with just as many. Fail catch by Harry Douglas anyone?

I actually would agree with you that you guys would have had a legitimate beef about the Douglas catch had we scored and won. By the same right we have a legitimate beef about the no call on fourth down. It's PI or holding one. I also believe Ryan was roughed on the play he got hurt on.

Dubious calls? lol.. you guys got away with just as many. Fail catch by Harry Douglas anyone?

Its easy to try to point fingers. Fact is you guys got away with alot in that game. The roughing the passer on Kaep was called but no call for Ryan getting rolled on a late hit. The hold by James on the Kaep pass to VD to set up the TD. The PI on Willis on the last play where he clearly had a hand full of jersey. Its all water Under the bridge, we didn't execute right and you guys took advantage. Good game enjoy the SB (you guys arent the story anymore so you wont win) cause we gonna destroy them boys next year. Hope Kaep is still playing then cause its gonna be gravy.