Question About Super Bowl

vel

Would you guys even be excited about the Super Bowl if Matt Ryan couldn't play? There were reports that he wouldn't have been able to play due to his shoulder if we had won. That means either McCown or Davis would have been the QB. Do you think we would even have had a chance? Yes, the weapons would have been the same. But home many backup QBs played their first game in the Super Bowl and played well?

I'm torn because I love my Falcons. But it could have gotten ugly in the biggest of stages had we played McCown.

The reason I ask is the last pass Matt threw, it wasn't even a decent pass in my opinion. He didn't even try for the hail mary. You could tell he was done. If we went to the Super Bowl and he played, just one hit and landing on that shoulder would have only done more damage. No I'm not saying it's a silver lining we lost, I always want to be in the Super Bowl. I just would not have wanted to see the Super Bowl with McCown or Davis leading the charge. It would have been 98 all over again in my opinion.

With the weapons we have on offense, as long as you can hit your WRs when they are open, then we have a good chance. If our guy over throws WRs like John Skelton and just completely misses then no. It doesn't take much to play comparable to Ryan because we have the best offensive skilled players in the league. You throw it near any of our 3 guys and they'll make a play on the ball. We probalby won't be able to run as many plays or run the no huddle though, but if Davis can run the read option with Quizz and Snelling, we'd have a really good shot, especially against the Ravens that struggled against the read option.

Edited by Mr. Right

WTF? Are you just an attenttion seeking diva. I'll let you in on a little secret - After yesterday's loss, IMO, any self respecting Falcon's fan would have no interest in the SB.

Lol yep. That's exactly what I am. Thanks for my attention. Welcome to the block list.

With the weapons we have on offense, as long as you can hit your WRs when they are open, then we have a good chance.

One small flaw in your plan there. Our wide receivers never seem to really BE open. laugh.png Not in the way other teams' are. (Obviously, there are exceptions, but truly, I rarely see our guys wide open. Chemistry and timing and practice are critical in a high number of our completions.)

If Matt couldn't play, I wouldn't be excited at all.

It would have been like witnessing an execution.

Lol that's all I'm saying. I think I would have been extremely happy we won the NFCCG and made it back. But would it have been worth it to watch them get trounced by the Ravens?

Says...? You can say that, but there were reports that he would not have been available to play.

I don't care what any report says . Ryan was going to play in Super Bowl if we won . You think he would miss a once in a life time chance possibly ? c'mon man . Ryan would have to be intensive care unit not to play

I don't care what any report says . Ryan was going to play in Super Bowl if we won . You think he would miss a once in a life time chance possibly ? c'mon man . Ryan would have to be intensive care unit not to play

Maybe but that doesn't diminish the fact that he would be nowhere near as effective with an ailing shoulder. Plus, as someone else mentioned, one hit and he's toast. I'd almost rather lose like we did yesterday than get to the Super Bowl with our star qb playing at 50%.

So u are saying ryan would play even if his injury would hurting the team more than letting someone else play good to know.

if that was the case he hurt the team yesterday playing hurt on 4th down ?

why didnt we sub him in for QB that can throw a Hail Mary ? and get ball in end zone then

if that was the case he hurt the team yesterday playing hurt on 4th down ?

why didnt we sub him in for QB that can throw a Hail Mary ? and get ball in end zone then

Oh, the circles we could go in.

I guarantee that if Ryan had not played the 3rd and 4th downs yesterday, the criticism he's getting at the moment would look like soft whisperings compared to what we would see. tongue.png

So leowolf u are saying ryan would play even if his injury would be hurting the team more than letting someone else play good to know.Vel for me I feel two ways about it like a former nfl players says there are two question u get when u finish ur career in the nfL did u play in the superbowl and did u win it , so for gonzo I would have like to see him in it even if ryan couldn't play, but disappointed in that ryan gives us the best chance to win. I believe that none of those defense would be able to stop like yesterday the 49ners couldn't stop us we stop ourselves.

Oh, the circles we could go in.

I guarantee that if Ryan had not played the 3rd and 4th downs yesterday, the criticism he's getting at the moment would look like soft whisperings compared to what we would see. tongue.png

Haaaaa I really admire Ryan yesterday he was bleeding from his mouth and his shoulder was ****** up on being driven to ground . Ryan is a leader there is no way he was coming off field yesterday and no way he was missing Super Bowl

I really don't know what OP is trying to say with this question . Is this a coping mechanism to get over the loss ? If so man just man up we played a hard close fought game but it's not reality to think Ryan was going to miss the Super Bowl

So leowolf u are saying ryan would play even if his injury would be hurting the team more than letting someone else play good to know.Vel for me I feel two ways about it like a former nfl players says there are two question u get when u finish ur career in the nfL did u play in the superbowl and did u win it , so for gonzo I would have like to see him in it even if ryan couldn't play, but disappointed in that ryan gives us the best chance to win. I believe that none of those defense would be able to stop like yesterday the 49ners couldn't stop us we stop ourselves.

That's why I'm torn. I would have loved for McClure and Tony to at least have played in it before they retired. But at the same time, risking my QB to further injury that could ruin his career (Ask Carson Palmer). Ryan was in obvious pain and could barely function for the last few minutes of the game. A whole 60 minutes would have been brutal to watch. That's why I figured I'd ask. It's an interesting dilemma.

Ryan is a leader . He might not have been 100 % but he was not missing the Super Bowl over a sprain shoulder . I'm sorry . The kid grew up his whole life to play in this game , he was not going to have it taken away . 70 % of Ryan is probably a better option of 100 % of McGown or DD

Ryan is a leader . He might not have been 100 % but he was not missing the Super Bowl over a sprain shoulder . I'm sorry . The kid grew up his whole life to play in this game , he was not going to have it taken away . 70 % of Ryan is probably a better option of 100 % of McGown or DD

And then a hit to that should and Ryan's 50%. Two hits and he's 30%. Let Ngata tackle Ryan one good time and then what?

Yes, Ryan is a fighter and it's the Super Bowl. But it's also a serious injury that would make things tough down the road. Ask the Redskins. They played RG3 in hopes of just winning a playoff game. He will miss most of next season instead of sitting him and letting him heal.