Soooo.........what De's Are Available?

Zenduke

Look...some of you are about to jump off a bridge but lets be real. Our Defense was about the same D as last year. The only difference was the coach. What we still don't have is consistent pressure on the QB and we cannot cover the TE. We have got to get a DE or Two this year either in the draft or in Free agency.

Anyone know who might be available in the market?

Look...some of you are about to jump off a bridge but lets be real. Our Defense was about the same D as last year. The only difference was the coach. What we still don't have is consistent pressure on the QB and we cannot cover the TE. We have got to get a DE or Two this year either in the draft or in Free agency.

Anyone know who might be available in the market?

Cliff Avril would be nice.

I thought this guy was just a workout warrior, but he's been pretty good. Would love to get him

yeah, would think he would be cheaper than Avril as well. Avril made $10.6 million last year on 9.5 sacks or $1.15million per sack - on one of the guys that says "get the cart" and is supposed to be kind of selfish.

No thanks....

The Lions are letting Avril walk scott free.

The Bengals are not letting Johnson go, they seem more prepared to let Andre Smith walk.

I don't think that the Lions or Bengals will let them walk easily.

I agree. I thought the Lions were franchising Avril, so he's going to cost $12M+. I dont know what the contract situation is with Johnson, but Im willing to bet that he is going to try for similar money considering he is the FA competition this year. Edited by Flip Flop

Would you guys trade a 1st round pick for Michael Johnson?

It worked out for us for Abraham. I'd rather spend a first round pick on a proven guy than risk another Anderson

I definitely agree with that philosophy. Draft picks are a crapshoot. Unless you have a great prospect, I would prefer a proven performer over a rookie. If you are drafting a player on a team that is not in great need, then its different. This team has big needs on defense. One proven player in FA is basically a must.

Lets get Avril and draft either Ziggy or Hunt. In the second round we get OG Warford and in 3rd we can get Lacy. 4th we get DT Hill from Penn State. and OLB Chase Thomas in another 4th. SO lets see. LDE Avril--Hill/ Peters----Babs/Walker----Abraham/Ziggy/Hut. NICE!

That WOULD be nice! Not out of the question but not sure Lacy is likely to drop to the 3rd and he is the RB I would like to have. Also, we really need a quality LB.

Personally I'd love for us to find one or two space eating DTs to rotate with Babs. If we can get stability on the inside of the line our LBs and DEs will look better instantly.

Jerry and Walker were non factors this entire year.

Oh, one more thing....I hope Ray Edwards has the sudden realization that he is a terrible person and feels awful about how he stole money from the Falcons. If you didn't want to play you could have retired you lazy good for nothing.

It worked out for us for Abraham. I'd rather spend a first round pick on a proven guy than risk another Anderson

Yes, in fact I think this is the only way we will realistically be able to fix our D-Line this year. If we want a good pass rushing DE, we need to trade for one. The draft is too much of a crapshoot when it comes to a need of this magnitude.

Lets get Avril and draft either Ziggy or Hunt. In the second round we get OG Warford and in 3rd we can get Lacy. 4th we get DT Hill from Penn State. and OLB Chase Thomas in another 4th. SO lets see. LDE Avril--Hill/ Peters----Babs/Walker----Abraham/Ziggy/Hut. NICE!

Lacey in the 3rd huh?

Maybe prior to him destroying the college football world

Yes, we need defense. The pass rusher is going to be the most expensive outside of QB. Matt Ryan is getting a new deal. William Moore is going to get a new deal as well. I think it may be cheaper to get a free agent TE than DE. Falcons have some cap room, but not a lot. There are more pass crushers to be had in the draft than TEs.

No. I'd rather we just go with one of the FAs and then draft a DE. If you do a trade-and-sign type of deal not only do you lose a first round pick, but cap space as well. On top of that Johnson has only really had one good season, and he was playing alongside Atkins. I like Johnson, but that's almost like us trading a 1 for Edwards and then using our cap space to pay him. I'd only pull a move like that if we were bringing in a big time, surefire pass rusher similar to Abraham.