Ideal Offseason

Trufant Island

IDEAL OFF-SEASON

Sign Jared Cook at TE

Bring back Moore at a DeCoud type contract

Bring back Grimes at a discount due to his injury

Bring back Baker unless he asks for too much. Hopefully he doesnt mess with us here because TD kept faith in him after a dreadful seson in 2011. Hopefully he shows hes grateful for that.

Cut Turner and D-Rob. Id like to see both of them back but they cost too much. If theyd like to restructure, they are welcome to come back at a cheaper rate.

DRAFT

1. Best defensive front 7 player available. I dont care who it is as long as they can play. We need players in our front 7. I dont care what position its at. Spoon and Abe are our only legit players up front. Babs is decent, Nic/Peters/Bierman/Walker/Dent are all startable but we can definantly find upgrades.

2. O-Line. Adding a talented O-Linemen would go a long way for us. We have Baker at LT, Blalock at LG, I think Konz slides to C. Then we have options.

We could keep Clabo at RT, keep Reynolds at RG.

We could keep Clabo at RT and draft a RG.

We could move Clabo to RG and Holmes to RT. Draft the best available linemen and see who earns a job in camp

I like option 3. (and i mean, we have a bunch of other things we could do here, but these seem like the best options in my mind, share your ideas if you have any)

3.RB. Assuming Turner doesnt come back, we have Quizz and Snelling as our running game. As much faith as I have in those 2, we need another back. Hopefully, someone that is multi-dimentional.

4-7. At this point, best defender available for the rest of the way except for a WR/KR. Maybe with our extra 4th rounder we can grab a Randall Cobb type guy. Ace Sanders could be around at that point and after seeing what he did to my Michigan Wolverines, Id love to see him in a Falcons uniform

Edited by Cole World

Salary cap will be an issue. The first thing they will take care of is Ryan's contract.

I think the only big contracts we can cut without big cap casualties is Peria Jelly and Turner

yeah, Peria is like the 4th rotational guy at DT. he's gone. Turners gotta go. and I put Ryans contract in the assumed he is resigned section

We have to figure out what to do with Turner and McClure. Turner is still under contract, and played pretty good during the playoffs, but looked slow and ineffective during the regular season. McClure said on his twitter yesterday he wants to come back and play one more season. I'm not really sure what I want to do with these guys. Before the playoffs, I would have said let them both go, but they both played extremely well in the playoffs, and now I'm not quite sure what we should do.

Good post. Imho, if we could slide Clabo to RG, have Holmes at RT, Konz at C and they play well...that'd be huge. Pick up Starks at DT in FA and either sign or trade for Ivory to be our main cog in the RB-by-commission wheel (he's a RFA). Draft someone like Ansah in the 1st, Minter or Te'o in the second (lots of people have him falling to the early third), best TE there in the third (who knows who slips, TE is loaded), project DE/OLB hybrid for Nolan in the fourth with athleticism, KR/PR (hopefully a CB) with our comp, Tavarres King in the fifth, assuming we traded a sixth to Saints for Ivory, take a big DT or BPA in the seventh.

Turner must be gone. Do we want McClure back? He is steady, smart but old. I almost would like to put Konz at C upgrade RG or I like moving Clabo to RG if Holmes can play (that adds some beef up front but im not convinced he's fast enough to play G..) KR is a must. Unless we give HD more of a chance. Then FA and our top picks invested in our front 7. I like D Rob's physicality and don't want to get rid of him..but with the emergence of McClain and Grimes coming back I dont see us carrying thoes 4 corners. Could we look for a Trade? Plenty of teams would love to have more corners.

I agree with a lot of what you said, but would add, Attempt to sign Osi. He can be a good stop gap at DE.

Osi

Babs

Abe

Is a good start at Dline.

We have to get younger and more physical upfront all we do by signing Osi is get a situational guy who is on the downside of his career.

I'd be pi$$ed if the FO went out and got Osi.

If I'm honest the O-line proved alot to me the last 2 weeks especially yesterday they held there own against the 9er front without to many issues.Personally I think the o-line is in good shape has decent depth and with Reynolds coming back at RG and possibly Svitek as the swing tackle as depth and the youth of Holmes Manley & Johnson I like the look of our o-line.

Edited by kiwifalcon

Good post. Imho, if we could slide Clabo to RG, have Holmes at RT, Konz at C and they play well...that'd be huge. Pick up Starks at DT in FA and either sign or trade for Ivory to be our main cog in the RB-by-commission wheel (he's a RFA). Draft someone like Ansah in the 1st, Minter or Te'o in the second (lots of people have him falling to the early third), best TE there in the third (who knows who slips, TE is loaded), project DE/OLB hybrid for Nolan in the fourth with athleticism, KR/PR (hopefully a CB) with our comp, Tavarres King in the fifth, assuming we traded a sixth to Saints for Ivory, take a big DT or BPA in the seventh.

Like it all Moore except for Ansah...If he's there I'd rather have Okafor....With Falcons luck at DE Ansah would be a monumental bust (Probowler for someone else).

I think Okafor is less of a risk.

But what the **** do I know?

I'm an illustrator.

Like it all Moore except for Ansah...If he's there I'd rather have Okafor....With Falcons luck at DE Ansah would be a monumental bust (Probowler for someone else).

I'm an illustrator.

What do you think of Margus Hunt???

Can the other 2 guys play 3 positions along the defensive front.

I think Okafor is mostly a LDE and Ansah is probably in the same boat as Hunt project wise.

For me I'd take Hunt purely on the size factor which it seems we need more of upfront.

QBLuke McCown- Cut

RBAntone Smith-good ST

FBMike Cox-Let him compete with ewing/ Cut after TC

WRDrew Davis-Sign

WRTim Toone-Cut

TEChase Coffman-Sign

TETony Gonzalez-SIGN PLEASE

TEMichael Palmer-Sign

OTSam Baker-Sign

OTWill Svitek-Sign

CTodd McClure-Cut/retire

OGGarrett Reynolds-Sign

DLLawrence Sidbury-Cut

tDLVance Walker-Sign

LBMike Peterson-Retire

CBDominique Franks- CUT THIS MAN

CBBrent Grimes-Resign for cheap

CBRobert McClain-PAY THIS MAN

CBChristopher Owens-Sign

SSChris Hope-Cut

SSWilliam Moore-pay, just not too much

I would like to think we cut Jerry and Turner also, Dunta wouldn't be too bad a cut either, we need to get younger at CB.

We could move Clabo to RG and Holmes to RT. Draft the best available linemen and see who earns a job in camp

I think this is the best option as well. The two things that Baltimore and the 49ers have is a big OL.

LT Baker 307

LG Blaylock 327

C Konz 314

RG Clabo 331

RT Holmes 323

That is a much bigger OL. Draft Lacy in the 1st rd. I would also be bring back Todd McClure one more year, but he is going to be a backup. He knows the system and can really help Konz.

I also hope, pray, Tony Gonzales comes back one more year.

What do you think of Margus Hunt???

Can the other 2 guys play 3 positions along the defensive front.

I think Okafor is mostly a LDE and Ansah is probably in the same boat as Hunt project wise.

For me I'd take Hunt purely on the size factor which it seems we need more of upfront.

I know he's a freakin' beast...he actually moves and runs pretty good for a man that huge.

Two things I think will scare off other Falcon fans (and I can understand why).....Obviously due to his background he's fairly new to the position (a'la JA98) and his age 25 already (remind people of Peria Jerry).

But this is how I feel about potential DEs right now...They all look ******* good to be and better than what we've had. It's like what they say about going grocery shopping when you're starving.

We're almost in crisis mode when it comes to our pass rush.

I'm hoping we move Clabo over to RG and try Holmes at RT. Yes, Clabo is a good RT and one of the best in the league, but he can be a dominant RG. Holmes is big enough and has the feet to play next to Clabo. Or try Holmes at RG. I said in the other thread, Holmes needs to be given a chance to play. We spent a top 100 pick on him. If we draft a RG, he will have been a wasted pick.

I'm an illustrator.

Ive watched film on Ansah and Im really not impressed. I dont see the amazing speed everyone raves about. Doesnt work very good pass rush moves, seems to let himself take on a whole man on instead of a half man. TERRIBLE HANDS!

That being said, Im sure there is potential there, but I wouldnt take him until the 3rd. Could be another JPP, but I see a bust

and thats coming from a junior college dlinemen

Edited by Cole World

I know he's a freakin' beast...he actually moves and runs pretty good for a man that huge.

Two things I think will scare off other Falcon fans (and I can understand why).....Obviously due to his background he's fairly new to the position (a'la JA98) and his age 25 already (remind people of Peria Jerry).

But this is how I feel about potential DEs right now...They all look ******* good to be and better than what we've had. It's like what they say about going grocery shopping when you're starving.

We're almost in crisis mode when it comes to our pass rush.

yeah but he is projected in the 3rd last i saw, i think he will move up to the 2nd after the combine. so the "risk" would be no where near as great. and at least he has a pretty high motor which more than can be said about ja98.

We have to figure out what to do with Turner and McClure. Turner is still under contract, and played pretty good during the playoffs, but looked slow and ineffective during the regular season. McClure said on his twitter yesterday he wants to come back and play one more season. I'm not really sure what I want to do with these guys. Before the playoffs, I would have said let them both go, but they both played extremely well in the playoffs, and now I'm not quite sure what we should do.

If McClure wants to come back, I dont know his cap hit, but I assume its reasonable, I say bring him back. Never hurts to have a vet Olinemen around, even if he assumes a backup role. I agree, he played well inthe playoffs along with Turner, but I think Konz would be nice at C with his size. Turner needs to take a pay cut if he wants to return. Yeah, he was good vs. Seattle, but he struggle bad most of the year. I want to see a fresh face back there. Someone brought up dealing a late round pick to the Aints for Ivory. I would do that and save an early pick. Could be similar to the Asante trade last year. I know that Aints wont want to do that, but they might have to with there cap situation.