How To Bring Tony Gonzalez Back?

dmo_dlo

The way to bring him back is to let him retire with the understanding that if the team is in the playoff mix in weeks 10-12, he comes out of retirement and signs with the team as a FA for another playoff run.

That way he gets his time off, it will save us some cap money, he gets another shot at title, and we will retain his services for when it matters.

He takes good care of himself, is the ultimate Pro, and is familiar with the playbook and Ryan so 4-5 weeks should be enough to bring him back to speed. I don't think there is anything illegal about doing this from a league's standpoint either.

To be honest, Tony is a great receiver but his blocking days are far behind him. He certainly did't help our run game this year. He's a great person and future Hall of Famer, he should leave his legacy as it is.

I'll take the TE that gets 930 yards over one that can block and get 500.

Gonzo will come back I think, after he sits and thinks for a week or two.

Why would he wanna come back to the Falcons? He knows Matt Ryan can't get it done.

Why would TG come back to a city of chokers?

I get it Succaneer Fans your like every other team in the league praying Gonzalez does retire one less headache for your DC.

Nevermind just like every other year you had the deck chairs out early wishing and watching the Falcons in the play-offs.

If he comes back, great, but I'm definitely not counting on it...especially after he backed out of the pro bowl.

Let it go guys. He had a great run here, but I think he's done. I think he wanted to have a good season and prove that he still had it (check), a playoff win (check) and the SB would've been the icing on the cake.

BTW I thought he showed loads of class saying he's not going to probowl because he wants his last game to be with teammates.

Yeah, that's what made it seem like his decision has already been made.

He wants his last appearance in a football uniform to be in a championship game.

I applaud that.

We'll really, really miss you, Tony. (And I think this is going to have a bigger impact on our offense than many care to admit, but that's a topic for another thread.) You are a class act, in every respect, and I'm so sorry you're not leaving with a ring.

You know how it is the Falcons are going to wait until he retires to win a SB.

Kinda like Tennessee winning the National Championship after Peyton left.

I'll take the TE that gets 930 yards over one that can block and get 500.

Gonzo will come back I think, after he sits and thinks for a week or two.

I think he waits to see what moves we make. Mostly on the D. If he thinks the D can get its act together and not choke away leads, he will return. If he feels the D will be the same, he retires.

Hey may not have started with us but he will always be one of my all time favorite Falcons players. The guy is just a class act and if he retires I will be thankful for the plays he's made for us. If he decides to come back for another year I'll be just as happy. An aging TG is better than a lot of younger players at the position and I would love to have him mentor his replacement.

To be honest, Tony is a great receiver but his blocking days are far behind him. He certainly did't help our run game this year. He's a great person and future Hall of Famer, he should leave his legacy as it is.

We had TEs on our roster who's job it was to come in and block in the running game.

We had TEs on our roster who's job it was to come in and block in the running game.

Yeah but it was obvious we going to run it when Tony was out of the game. Our backup TEs had a combine 8 catches on the season including playoffs. So defenses knew we were running. We need a TE that can do both well.