Everybody Feeling A Little Bit Better?

I'm not feeling even a little bit better yet, no.

I will ... but probably not today.

(And I kind of just accept this. I know it's probably not "healthy," but I throw myself so fully into the teams I support, I can't instantly bounce back from something as crushing as yesterday. I know it's just a game, and in the grand scheme of things, this is really no big deal. But it still just flat-out sucks.)

I also figure that a season full of fun and excitement and comebacks and joking around with y'all on here makes up for the short "mourning period" I have after games like yesterday's.

Just my two cents.

Been a Falcon fan since '72, so I'm KINDA accustomed to dissappoinment.angry.png

But this loss really stings because this team could've won the Super Bowl, with just a LITTLE push from our defense.

I'm already more calm than I was about 6pm yesterday, but I'm not any happier. It takes a couple days for me to get over being booted from the playoffs.

I'm not feeling even a little bit better yet, no.

I will ... but probably not today.

(And I kind of just accept this. I know it's probably not "healthy," but I throw myself so fully into the teams I support, I can't instantly bounce back from something as crushing as yesterday. I know it's just a game, and in the grand scheme of things, this is really no big deal. But it still just flat-out sucks.)

I also figure that a season full of fun and excitement and comebacks and joking around with y'all on here makes up for the short "mourning period" I have after games like yesterday's.

Just my two cents.

I'm that same. However, I forced myself to take a different approach yesterday. My 10 year old is starting to become a huge fan. She gets really concerned when her Daddy starts yelling at the team (I coach them up like mad during a game...and I'm not a players coach). So, I gained a little control of myself, and it actually did help....some.

Watch a child for perspective. It is an amazing thing. They grieve and cry for a time, and then move on. A couple of hours later, she is giggling at "Victorious" and making fun of her Daddy on facebook. Kids are, as Mike Smith would say, resilient. Wish I could relearn that skill.

We have pictures or her sitting on the couch holding her Freddie Falcon/Football (It is reversible) pillow thing and wearing my Falcons cap. Hard to feel like the night was a total loss with all the good memories. It is so very cool that she can enjoy the games with me now. At least the later game came out the way we wanted. Where we live, rooting against the Patriots is almost as much fun as rooting against the sAints is in Atlanta. My apologies to those with BC in their name :)

I feel much better today than I did the day after last years post season loss.. that's for sure.

I'm in a little emotional funk, but I'm not pissed ;) I'm proud of our team! In the end, the only way we would be happy is with a Superbowl WIN, but you know, only 1 team a year gets that joy.. and this time it wasn't us.

When it was all said and done, we were the second best NFC team in the NFL. There are 14 other teams in our conference that sucked more than we did. There are 28 teams in the NFL that would have loved to be in our position. I'm proud. I'm happy for our guys. I trust in Dimitroff to work with Nolan and Dirk to find the pieces we need.

With Ryan, we will always have a chance to be contenders.