24 - 0

Bring It

24 first half points................................0 second half.

How does that even happen ??

For this team to score ZERO points in 30 minutes of football is beyond comprehension.

Couple this to a Defense with an "Open Barn Door" scheme and you have the most bitter, disappointing giveaway loss in the 46 year Atlanta Falcon history.

Simply beyond belief.

That is what happens when you play a top ranked defense coupled with a few miscues by Ryan. Bottomline we needed the defense to make a few stops and they didn't. No one cover the TE and no one seems to be able to tackle.

Do they even practice tackling?

No more D-Block videos until the Falcons are ranked in the top five in defense.

For this team to score ZERO points in 30 minutes of football is beyond comprehension.

Couple this to a Defense with an "Open Barn Door" scheme and you have the most bitter, disappointing giveaway loss in the 46 year Atlanta Falcon history.

Simply beyond belief.

Only down 7 pts from the previous week. No need to panic.

That is what happens when you play a top ranked defense coupled with a few miscues by Ryan. Bottomline we needed the defense to make a few stops and they didn't. No one cover the TE and no one seems to be able to tackle.

Do they even practice tackling?

No more D-Block videos until the Falcons are ranked in the top five in defense.

They were ranked #5 scoring "D"...18.7 pts/g

No idea what Nolan's deal is, but apparently it doesn't include paying any attention to the opponents TE. Also, how about making a few Adjustments. I thought your fans were crazy for all the talk of firing Smith if you lost to the Hawks ~ but ****! Your team coughed up a 20-0 lead (27-7 in the 3rd Q) and 17-0 lead in PLAYOFF Games; at HOME! Someone has to go...

oh and btw - how many times did Wilson or Kaepernick run the read option? 5 or 6 combined? They both sat back and played catch with their TE's.

against a Niners D that is as stout as any? I remember saying the same after the Seattle game but since came to realize they're defense is among the best too and we only barely managed a fg in the 2nd half against them.

Is it unheard of for a top ranked defense to stop a top ranked offense for a half? No, that's why it is said that defense wins championships and look where the Niners are headed...and worse where we are not. When is the last time u saw a team win the SB with a defense like ours?

I'll help u...never.

Edited by The Vent King

No idea what Nolan's deal is, but apparently it doesn't include paying any attention to the opponents TE. Also, how about making a few Adjustments. I thought your fans were crazy for all the talk of firing Smith if you lost to the Hawks ~ but ****! Your team coughed up a 20-0 lead (27-7 in the 3rd Q) and 17-0 lead in PLAYOFF Games; at HOME! Someone has to go...

oh and btw - how many times did Wilson or Kaepernick run the read option? 5 or 6 combined? They both sat back and played catch with their TE's.

I think it's probably more to do with personnel that we have on defense than the coaching. All I know is DCs better study this off season for this read-option QB and learn how to stop it. It's not so much the offensive play calling, but the threat of it being there that opens things up.

Simply beyond belief.

And THIS ^^^^ is why I come to read on this forum. Thank you.

Its simple...... we shot ourselvs in our own foot.

The int where Roddy slipped/was pushed as we were driving.

The fumbled snap where Ryan looked away for one split second.

Douglas tripping over his own feet when he could have moonwalked into the endzone

Those 2 or 3 unforced errors killed THREE potential scoring drives.

Douglas tripping over his own feet when he could have moonwalked into the endzone

Pretty much this^^^^^

Douglass was expecting a strike rather than a lob and it really threw him off for some reason. I see people talking about us only forcing three punts, but the vaunted Nibers defense only forced our offense to punt one tine the entire game. If you told me that we had two turnovers and one punt, I'd have told you we win. So frustrating

Football Gods.

Dey da culprit.

Unforced TO's, penalties, etc. People saying we lost because of Smitty ball are insane. We lost because we didn't play Smitty ball. Without those To's and Penalties we win by more than one possession. San Fran had no answer at all for us on defense.

Agree.

Our defense in the 2nd half wouldn't have stopped Western Carolina......................NCAA Poop Div.

Simply beyond belief.

Give the 9ers D credit they made some plays stopped the run made us 1 dimensional and it paid off.

2 things... No run game and our D.... We got teams into passing situations but our front 4 couldnt get home and our coverage had open guys .

Also the Matt Ryan fumble hurt... The Roddy slip hurt.... The whole HD play hurt (i still dont get how he fell.. That looked like a TD) ... We made some mistakes that cost us that game.

But to me the run game and our D was the biggest to me.

Why don't you ask the 49ers, Packers, Patriots, Seahawks and Redskins? All of them were shut out in the second half of a game at least once this season.

Maybe you need an outside perspective. Here is how I would explain it. There are essentially two elements that affect how much your score:

1) Quality of play.

2) Random chance.

You scored so heavily in the first half because:

1) You have one of the best offenses in the league.

2) You got lucky.

If you look at the first half, on 95% of those plays, the 49ers defense was just one step behind your offense.

So, at half time, the 49ers made the adjustments to put more pressure on the QB and it worked because:

1) The 49ers defense is one of the best in the league.

2) They had luck on their side.

3) The halftime adjustments to pressuring the QB worked.

So in the second half, the 49ers defense was one step ahead instead of one step behind.

Both halves were a realy close matchup on the vast majority of plays. Small changes in strategy and luck made the difference.