It's Pretty Obvious That Defensive Personnel Is Still The Problem.

randawg91

Say what you will about 7 2nd half points, but we drove the entire game with little to no problem. Before, I was absolutely sold on getting a stud OG, but now it's all DE, DT, MLB/OLB imo. Go DE in the first, DT in the 2nd, MLB/OLB in the 3rd, RB in the 4th, and pick up a TE in free agency (Jared Cook anyone?).

I wish that we had a better ROI on Ray Edwards, but Kroy was solid. Better tackling was needed.

Answer me this....did special teams ever score a TD this year? Did we give up a KR or PR TD? I would love to see another Tim Dwight or Allen Rossum...that's why I'm big on getting Percy Harvin here.

Yea, I'm starting to think the offense is good but fragile. Fragile in the sense they start feeling pressure late in games to hv 2 do it all in order for this team to win and start wilting because they knew the D was only going to stand up for so long. When everything starts going the other way and our opponents start finally scoring, nuts start going up people's stomachs and everything gets wayyyy too tight. A stout defense would fix that by taking the pressure off a good offense that's still a bit young to do everything.

Yea, I'm starting to think the offense is good but fragile. Fragile in the sense they start feeling pressure late in games to hv 2 do it all in order for this team to win and start wilting because they knew the D was only going to stand up for so long. When everything starts going the other way and our opponents start finally scoring, nuts start going up people's stomachs and everything gets wayyyy too tight. A stout defense would fix that by taking the pressure off a good offense that's still a bit young to do everything.

It's all Matt Ryan tbh he becomes tony romo in the playoffs. However our dine is the footballs assest line, and Nicholas keeps getting caught out of position. I say we go de or olb in first de or olb in second huge nt in third and rb in fourth.

Edited by osiruz

Lemme first start by saying that, I'm incredibly disappointed again in this team... and now for my venting...

1st. I think the last game of the year was a telling sign how we would do in the playoffs. We all know that our offense is amazing and unstoppable in the first half. Statistically it can be seen this entire season. We just didn't have any heart or motivation going into that game and we lost, what should have been a complete motivation and confidence booster going into the playoffs.

2nd. Our defense needs to be reworked immensely. Nicholas is either real soft or just incompetent on understanding what's going on during the play. He got burned on so many different plays yesterday it was sickening.

Samuel needs to go. He just dosen't do enough to be out there and warrant playing time. He CANNOT tackle or he just completely shies away from a tackle. Gotta keep robinson and maybe start mcclain next year. If samuel wants to stay maybe he will negotiate a lesser contract and be used as a nickel db. Drop Grimes because I just don't see him pulling his "big contract" weight in the future.

3rd. Matt Ryan I love you, but honestly c'mon man. You know what you need to do in order to get full respect. YOU CAN'T MAKE MISTAKES IN BIG GAMES! Look at your 2008 qb draft class counterpart flacco and what he did yesterday...No mistakes! Look at kaepernick...No mistakes! I know the int might not have been totally on you, but fumble was just a total lack of focus. Please make me believe that you are actually Matty Ice, because as of now you really have me on the fence.

God its gonna be a long offseason... Sorry Gonzo for not getting you your much deserved championship. You are one of the few stand up blue collar players to have ever played the game.

Thats all...

@ falconine this game is purely the defenses fault.

The niners dominated on offense and were guaranteed a score every time they had the ball and they ate tons of clock at it. I mean how do you lose a game being spotted 17 pts. At least sf defense made some stops. Had our homosexual defense been able to make one stop after the first qtr we would've won this game. They couldn't get our offense the ball and that was the story all game.

I'm calling out sorry Matthews for that face mask that cost us a 4th down.

Peters and jelly belly for being worse than worthless in the run game

Nicholas for being so god awful and being caught out of position on two tds

Decoud not tackling anyone

Biermann getting faked out of his shoes on runs 3x

Our defense is softer than a baby's azz and until we fix it, no lombardi

Like most, I believe we have a problem at DE worthy of a 1st round pick. But this game convinced me that we have a real LB problem. Have said before that our OL can be improved with players we already have. RB is our biggest need on offense. As has been said, the draft (particularly 3 out of the 1st 4 picks) should be given to Nolan. The rest of the draft should be BPA.

So u don't think a defense as stout as the Niners have ANY business shutting down our offense for ONE half? They have done worse to many other teams hence them being considers among the best. Our defense however relied to heavily on forcing turnovers to be as effective and that's just not going to happen in bunches every game. If all your defense can do to be in the top ten is relying on forcing Tos to be good...sooner rather than later you will get disappointed in this league. A championship defense can lock down or at least slow down other teams when it matters most and that's the 2nd half. Doing it in the 1st half when everyone's legs are fresh is not a true measure of defensive prowess, it's the 2nd half my man. This is what the Giants, Ravens, Bucs of yesteryear, once upon a time the Pats, the one time the Colts and Rams AND Aints won it all did. Defense wins championships and not just 1st half defenses but four qtr defenses especially 2nd half ones.

Offense was to blame as well but they shouldn't have to score every possession to win a game. You know an offense will be stopped during a game.

They should at least get their season avg and score the second half at some point.

Likewise, it was the Falcons "O" that took away its chances...not the Falcons"D" or even the 9ers for that matter.

You have to take care of the ball in big games...lost t/o battle.

It's Coaching. Your Offense was good enough to go out and destroy both the Hawks and Niners in the 1st and 2nd Q's and your Defense was stout enough to force numerous 3 and outs early. BUT, once your opponents started making adjustments; confusing Ryan and moving the ball on your D, the Falcons didn't react. They ran the same stuff that worked in the 1st q. Both teams were a step ahead. You have more than enough talent, it's coaching/scheme that let you guys down.

Decoud and Moore played well as a tandem before Moore's latest injury. his return saw the defense get worse. McClain and Asante were the only standouts for me...and McClain wins that due to Samuel's lack of tackin' at times. McClain, as much as i can recall, always played his man tightly, was ready to make a play on the ball, and was a sure tackler. definitely wanna see him as a starter next season....only stupidity would not get this cat a new and rewarding contract. Walker was the pleasant surprise IMO...and he shoulda seen even more PT. Spoon was solid...nothin' more. Abe needed help...PERIOD!!! everybody else...not impressed...