If Mike Nolan Was A Doctor...........................................................

Bring It

Our defense was built to stop what had given us problems before: elite pocket passers. It worked brilliantly in that department. Then this league in 1 year switches to this read option stuff with actually good QBs that can run that offense and pass accurately, a lot of teams weren't ready for it. Before this year, MV is really all you had to worry about, then the NFC gets packed with those guys.

Our defense was built to stop what had given us problems before: elite pocket passers. It worked brilliantly in that department. Then this league in 1 year switches to this read option stuff with actually good QBs that can run that offense and pass accurately, a lot of teams weren't ready for it. Before this year, MV is really all you had to worry about, then the NFC gets packed with those guys.

Ironically enough, I think Nolan would have had a much better plan for the Pack than the 9er's.

Ironically enough, I think Nolan would have had a much better plan for the Pack than the 9er's.

Yep. When the 9ers switched to CK, I knew our road to the SB got much much harder. I'd seen enough of him at NV to know he was a good passer and runner. I just hoped him being green would cause a mistake or two in our favor.

Yep. When the 9ers switched to CK, I knew our road to the SB got much much harder. I'd seen enough of him at NV to know he was a good passer and runner. I just hoped him being green would cause a mistake or two in our favor.

Yup, there's not much that bothers this kid. The Dome crowd did all they could do, noise off the charts. No big deal to him. Never got flustered, never looked confused. The two game delay penalities were about the only thing from a perfect day for him.

If Mike Nolan was a doctor he would have let his patient bleed to death.......................from a nosebleed.

Great work Mr. Defense.

What is wrong with you people??? Last time I checked we wouldn't have been in the game without Nolan.

SO please shut your pie holes because if we had won, Mike Nolan wouldn't have been getting all this scrutiny.

Maybe you all just need a few months to get your heads right again. It's fine let me stop..

Yup, there's not much that bothers this kid. The Dome crowd did all they could do, noise off the charts. No big deal to him. Never got flustered, never looked confused. The two game delay penalities were about the only thing from a perfect day for him.

Yeah, dome was definitely louder than against Seattle. I'm really impressed with how he handled the noise because that was one of the keys I had seen coming in, make noise and he might make mistakes. Nope.

Aweful game plan from Nolan. He should've at least blitzed. I mean that defense wasn't gonna stop anyone. So why not take risks? We need to get rid of the following questionably male players on the roster:

Jerry

Peters

Matthews

Sidbury

Dent

Oh and for the love of god draft real nfl des we need at least 2 and a big nt, so we stop the anal assault against the run.

We got gashed the SAME WAY in two consecutive weeks. If the tight end was the issue against Seattle, hey, here's a radical idea: come up with a plan to address the tight end against a very similar offense the next week!!!!

So you're saying play man and leave the mobile QB unaccounted for considering the 9'ers are loaded on offense?

BRILLIANT!!!

Edited by No Gimmicks Needed

So you're saying play man and leave the mobile QB unaccounted for considering the 9'ers are loaded on offense?

BRILLIANT!!!

Look, I'm not intimating that I could have done better, not at all. And like I said, I don't blame Nolan.

I'm NOT a brilliant football mind, just a disappointed fan who hoped that Nolan could come up with something to prevent a repeat of the previous week.

Dmite is on the money with his comment. Our defense was fabulous against traditional pocket passers, and the reason we went that way with the design is because of that pass happy asshat in New Orleans. All of sudden Urban Meyer's BS college option ish shows up in the NFL with legit QBs and no defense know's what to do yet.

Man, you people are crazy. Should have blitz and get burnt deep by Randy Moss. It was Nicholas job to cover Davis, not Nolan's. Nolan told him where to be. And what you crazy @$$ folks failed to realize is Davis was coming out the backfield, not off the line of scrimmage. That is what the Pats do with Gronkowski.

Edited by Flying Falcon

Look, I'm not intimating that I could have done better, not at all. And like I said, I don't blame Nolan.

I'm NOT a brilliant football mind, just a disappointed fan who hoped that Nolan could come up with something to prevent a repeat of the previous week.

Ditto.

Good words.