Shall We Discuss Draft Now?

birdz4i

obviously we have a foundation on offense, and after blowing 20-17 point leads it is time we address the defense. yes i know we need turner and gonzo s replacements and something to solidify the oline. the rest of our picks should go to defense. we have 8 picks including the comp pick for lofton. so i say 3 to offense and the rest to d.

the question then becomes do we keep moore? what do we do about the cbs? if we resign moore and retain 2 of the cbs(grimes,asante,dunta) i would spend the 5 picks on the front 7. if moore goes, obviously we need to replace him and i would still spend the rest on the front 7.

thoughts?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

obviously we have a foundation on offense, and after blowing 20-17 point leads it is time we address the defense. yes i know we need turner and gonzo s replacements and something to solidify the oline. the rest of our picks should go to defense. we have 8 picks including the comp pick for lofton. so i say 3 to offense and the rest to d.

the question then becomes do we keep moore? what do we do about the cbs? if we resign moore and retain 2 of the cbs(grimes,asante,dunta) i would spend the 5 picks on the front 7. if moore goes, obviously we need to replace him and i would still spend the rest on the front 7.

thoughts?

I agree

idk. my next question is what do we see in some of the guys we have. sid looks like he is as good as gone. do we see something in mass or matthews to make them both worth keeping? is it time to part way with jerry? i see peters as more of a rotational guy than a starter. walker has had some decent plays here and there and could come in with peters in rotation. do we cut jerry and draft his replacement? is robertson worth keeping? nic seems more like a back up and so does dent.

i d draft 2 lbs. and then spend the other 3 in the assortment of the front 4 depending on the what the coaches see. either 2 des n dt or vice versa.

idk. my next question is what do we see in some of the guys we have. sid looks like he is as good as gone. do we see something in mass or matthews to make them both worth keeping? is it time to part way with jerry? i see peters as more of a rotational guy than a starter. walker has had some decent plays here and there and could come in with peters in rotation. do we cut jerry and draft his replacement? is robertson worth keeping? nic seems more like a back up and so does dent.

i d draft 2 lbs. and then spend the other 3 in the assortment of the front 4 depending on the what the coaches see. either 2 des n dt or vice versa.

Falcons need a JJ Watt as there DT or a big strong guy like Ngata that takes up space in middle letting our linebackers fly around to make plays.

DE, I like Margus Hunt, but I believe he is 26. A little old for a rookie, but maturity could help him develop quick. We also need a DT/NT that eats blocks who can free up some space to get to the QB for our DEs and Spoon. Could use a RB too. I am pretty sure Turner is as good as gone. He did well while he was here, but his time is up. If Tony G doesn't come back, I hope he does, we could use a TE. We could go with Jared Cook or one guy who intrigues me is the TE from Cincinnati, Travis Kelce... fast, athletic, and good blocker. Other than that could use LBs, OG, punt returner. There are also some good FAs this year. Hopefully TD can pull some magic for some good players with team friendly contracts.

Simple, if Gonzo leaves first thing we do is pick up Tyler Eifert in the first round. Then RB, DE, OLB, DT, CB in that order! A quick note, we need a play maker on STs. A KR/PR who can make a difference!

julio.gif

sorry but i don t see a need in a 1st round te. if matt has to have a 1st round te in order to be successful with 2 1st wrs already, then maybe he is not the qb everyone says he is. lets see if he can make some of the talent around him better. it is obvious that defense is a bigger need than offense atm.

Simple, if Gonzo leaves first thing we do is pick up Tyler Eifert in the first round. Then RB, DE, OLB, DT, CB in that order! A quick note, we need a play maker on STs. A KR/PR who can make a difference!

I won't be happy if we spend our first two picks on offense!

JMHO

Edited by kschreck

I wonder if TD is finally going to address getting more firstand second round talent on the OL and DL. The OL can pass block but not run block. Abe has been our only bonafide pass rushers for years with no help opposite him. Other than drafting another RB to replace Turner, we need to build the lines. Enough is enough,

I wonder if TD is finally going to address getting more firstand second round talent on the OL and DL. The OL can pass block but not run block. Abe has been our only bonafide pass rushers for years with no help opposite him. Other than drafting another RB to replace Turner, we need to build the lines. Enough is enough,

I'm at the point where i'm like bump it. We traded up to get a playmaker on o, lets trade up and get a playmaker on d. Let's get Moore out of A&M.

If we drafted offense in the first two rounds then we probably need a new GM, Offense is not the problem, RB is but can be had in the third. We need a DE and a massive DT easier said then done in this draft, Lot's of DE's but not enough girth DT's, everyone needs to stop over thinking it, offense was moving when they wanted, if it not had been for matt's separated shoulder there is no doubt in my mind that we win that game, other then that I'd love Okafor in the first a DT in the second and Joseph Randle RB out of Oklahoma State, look him up before you say no, runs well out of a shotgun formation and catches the ball great out of the backfield, big size at 6' 210 pounds, and is fast.

IDEAL OFF-SEASON

Sign Jared Cook at TE

Bring back Moore at a DeCoud type contract

Bring back Grimes at a discount due to his injury

Bring back Baker unless he asks for too much. Hopefully he doesnt mess with us here because TD kept faith in him after a dreadful seson in 2011. Hopefully he shows hes grateful for that.

Cut Turner and D-Rob. Id like to see both of them back but they cost too much. If theyd like to restructure, they are welcome to come back at a cheaper rate.

DRAFT

1. Best defensive front 7 player available. I dont care who it is as long as they can play. We need players in our front 7. I dont care what position its at. Spoon and Abe are our only legit players up front. Babs is decent, Nic/Peters/Bierman/Walker/Dent are all startable but we can definantly find upgrades.

2. O-Line. Adding a talented O-Linemen would go a long way for us. We have Baker at LT, Blalock at LG, I think Konz slides to C. Then we have options.

We could keep Clabo at RT, keep Reynolds at RG.

We could keep Clabo at RT and draft a RG.

We could move Clabo to RG and Holmes to RT. Draft the best available linemen and see who earns a job in camp

I like option 3.

3.RB. Assuming Turner doesnt come back, we have Quizz and Snelling as our running game. As much faith as I have in those 2, we need another back. Hopefully, someone that is multi-dimentional.

4-7. At this point, best defender available for the rest of the way except for a WR/KR. Maybe with our extra 4th rounder we can grab a Randall Cobb type guy. Ace Sanders could be around at that point and after seeing what he did to my Michigan Wolverines, Id love to see him in a Falcons uniform.