Dirk

falcon68

No no huddle is what disappointed me

yeah, i meant to mention that too. i think we ran 4 or 5 plays out of the no huddle. i don't get that either. when things got stagnant in the 2nd half, why not try out the no huddle?? we had great success when ever we ran it all year.

Passing down the field was working so well, why change it? We still marched down the field on them with throws, but ultimately turning them over.

49ers linebackers are extremely good and their secondary isn't, so we attacked the weak spot.

that stopped working in the 2nd half. why would we not try something else?? we were the best screen team during the season, but i don't think we ran any yesterday, did we?

Haha good call dharma. You blame koetter when the falcons threw for 400 yards? The falcons attacked all day long and were having success. No point in changing it. Also the line was holding well so there was nothing to slow down by running a screen.

1st of all, i'm not blaming dirk. i'm wondering what happened to his play calling creativity. we didn't run the screen this year much to slow down the pass rush. we used it to attack. we had more TD's from screen plays than any other team in the league.

that stopped working in the 2nd half. why would we not try something else?? we were the best screen team during the season, but i don't think we ran any yesterday, did we?

But it did work in the second half. We threw all over them, then an interception.

Then we threw all over them again before the fumble.

Then we threw all over them until the 4 and out.

Passing down the field was working so well, why change it? We still marched down the field on them with throws, but ultimately turning them over.

49ers linebackers are extremely good and their secondary isn't, so we attacked the weak spot.

The first half, we ate up their secondary, but the second half they made adjustments and took away the deep ball. I kept muttering to myself that we weren't running any variation of screen, which I think kinda hurt. It's all about adjustments...something we did not do offensive or defensively yesterday. The no-huddle would have worked too starting out the second half. Wind the defense and keep them on their heels.

I also question why we went for the bare minimum on the last offensive play. We should have gone to the end zone and hope that Julio, Roddy, or Gonzo can outjump a DB or draw an interference flag, not run a 4 yard route on 4th and 5.

The first half, we ate up their secondary, but the second half they made adjustments and took away the deep ball. I kept muttering to myself that we weren't running any variation of screen, which I think kinda hurt. It's all about adjustments...something we did not do offensive or defensively yesterday. The no-huddle would have worked too starting out the second half. Wind the defense and keep them on their heels.

this is what i'm talking about. in a game of this magnitude, why not throw everything you got at them??

this is what i'm talking about. in a game of this magnitude, why not throw everything you got at them??

I've always assumed that DK was holding something back for the post season, but at this point there is no holding back. You throw EVERYTHING...there is no holding back.

While I'm in the boat that the D sucked it up in the second half, I also agree that Smitty and DK had a hand in the loss. The players only did what they were assigned to do, I want to say it was Nolan's loss this time, but you win as a team, you lose as a team.

It wasn't Dirks fault that Ryan mishandled the snap.

He did call a screen and I think it was quizz that got rocked.

He did try to go no huddle on a 2nd down play, but we got all of 2 yards or something so they wanted to call a more orchestrated play.

The reason we lost is because the niners converted on 3rd downs and we couldn't get off the **** field.

We moved the ball at will minus the drive that started at the 1. Roddy's slip and Matt's fumble are the only things that stopped us all game. We didn't go into a shell. We kept at what we do best. The 9ers did adjust and kept two safeties back after the first quarter barrage. We did a poor job of running it when we had the numbers in the box. That hurt a bit, but honestly, it was simply the turnovers.

The only beef I had with Koetter yesterday were a couple of the third down calls. When our offense is rolling, I don't like one read routes on third down. We had one to quizz before the field goal and the rollout pass that was knocked down at the end. I'd rather give Matt the chance to read the defense and make a choice.

The turf monster got us twice (Roddy and Harry) and when have we ever botched a snap? Fluky stuff for sure, but we caught a few breaks yesterday as well.

In the end, we need playmakers on defense if we want to move forward, ether on the line or at linebacker.