I'm Disappointed, But I'm Not Mad, Some Perspective

whitekb011

Some perspective on our season.

We had a great season and we were one short of the big dance. Here are somethings to consider about this team.

1. We had two new coordinators. This was the teams first year in the new systems.

2. We had problems running the ball and stopping the run. Our QB and Passing game got us to this point.

3. We hosted the first ever NFCCG.

4. The Fans really turned out for both playoff games.

I'm disappointed, but unlike in years past, I'm not angry and not sour.

Some perspective on our season.

We had a great season and we were one short of the big dance. Here are somethings to consider about this team.

1. We had two new coordinators. This was the teams first year in the new systems.

2. We had problems running the ball and stopping the run. Our QB and Passing game got us to this point.

3. We hosted the first ever NFCCG.

4. The Fans really turned out for both playoff games.

I'm disappointed, but unlike in years past, I'm not angry and not sour.

No being able to run the ball and not being able to stop the run is what lost the game. At least we didn't get smoked. 1 power back, a stud DE or two, and a few upgrades at LB...we'll back for revenge!

Good post. We are getting old in a few positions, but with younger players like McClain and Konz ready to step up and play, I like our direction. Defense will certainly be addressed this offseason. Particularly the line. I look forward to building the defense that Mike Nolan wants. He built that D in SF, he just never got to coach it. As for our offense, we'll be fine. McClure probably gone. Konz slides over to his natural position. Baker gets resigned, and hopefully some of our younger players step in and we have a good competition for that last OG spot. Roddy and Julio will be fine next year. Now we just need to find someone to replace TG.

No being able to run the ball and not being able to stop the run is what lost the game. At least we didn't get smoked. 1 power back, a stud DE or two, and a few upgrades at LB...we'll back for revenge!

No doubt. I think we have our starting 5 OL next year already on the team. I could see us lining our OL up next year like this.

LT Baker 307

LG Blaylock 329

C Konz 314

RG Clabo 331

RT Holmes 323

By doing this, we should be able to handle the interior. Holmes at RT brings a huge wingspan and proven pass protection abilities as a LT. It's also probably the cheapest, plus he get's playing time to also back up Baker.

i would for sure agree i guess my thought is im not mad or bitter like last year we accomplished alot and came one play from the super bowl

now its time to live in the moment be mad and sad if you are part of the falcons

team, cause each team who made it to the superbowl this year lost last year in the conference championship and look to build better getting a new explosive TE, getting someone explosive

in the punt return game, continue building the offensive line and developing the players

and maybe its for sure time to start restructering peoples contracts michael turner, daunte robinson,

asante samuel, Stephen Nicholas (he needs to get released or something hes a plague in the recieving game and running game)

But get better linebackers starting with a great middle linebacker i think spoon is not a

great linebacker i think paired with a decent middle linebacker he can be free to make plays

and do what he likes.

I am not angry either just slightly disappointed. Falcons need to get more physical on defense. Next season I expect us to have the number one or number two seeds. I also expect us to sweep in the Saints. Finally, I expect us to be in the Super Bowl.

I am proud of how the Falcons managed to get this far on an awful defense.

No doubt. I think we have our starting 5 OL next year already on the team. I could see us lining our OL up next year like this.

LT Baker 307

LG Blaylock 329

C Konz 314

RG Clabo 331

RT Holmes 323

I disagree i think mcClure makes us better hes the reason last year o-line looked horrible bad

i think u leave everything how it is and maybe draft for the immediate future if someone gos down or something like that then u plug in a holmes but baker played really well i hope it wasnt all for a contract

I like our line as it stands. The lack of running game isn't because they didn't do there job. Turner needs a lead blocker, and I would say, so does Quizz. We need a back that can make tacklers miss in the hole. They should be relatively easy to find, (Alfred Morris). I also think that Snelling is underused. I believe he should be playing a bigger role on our team. he isn't great at anything, but he is very good at most things. We have a great core of players, and some definite experience now. We are ready to start adding the kind of pieces that make very good, great. I am proud of our team. They represented us and our city very well. They have a very bright future, and a few championships coming, and i believe they will start next year. Go Falcons!!!!

We also get Ewing back. Who knows how much of turners drop off was due to losing ovie. I'm exited to see what Ewing brings to the table since he was injured in our first preseason game we really didnt get to see anything from him. This may be a big boost to our run game as well.

Will the NFC South be more competitive next year? Still bugs me that we are still the only NFC South team NOT to make the Super Bowl. I also look forward to a rematch with the Niners in 2013! Should be a shootout with the Green Bay Packers, too!

Maybe not as an NFC South member but the Falcons made the Super Bowl before any of the others.

I'm not angry today. Just empty.

My word was "broken"

We also get Ewing back. Who knows how much of turners drop off was due to losing ovie. I'm exited to see what Ewing brings to the table since he was injured in our first preseason game we really didnt get to see anything from him. This may be a big boost to our run game as well.

That's who everyone seems to forget. I don't think Cox did a bad job, but I also don't think he brought much to the table. Very few stats to mention. He was basically another lineman in the backfield. If we wanted to do that we could have used Hawley for that matter.

I agree that we need to go defense in the first round, but I also think that we need to address the RB position as well and sitting at 28/29 in the first round I think we can get a good pass rusher, and if we package some picks we can move up in the second and take a RB, maybe Lacy from Alabama (yes, I'm biased).

I think I am too shocked to really have a true emotion at this point. I wasn't shocked that we lost just how we lost. We have been able to battle back and come out on top in most every game we have trailed in the past 5 years but it just wasnt in the cards yesterday! SMH! I am proud of our fans, the city and the team though! It was a heck of a ride!

Atlanta played very well..I am proud of the team which few of the media types gave a chance.

The game turned on the following: Defense - could not seem to cover Vernon Davis on crossing routes and could not contain their RB's in the 'red zone'. On offense( and IMO this was the difference in the outcome of the game) Matt's interception and fumble, both in 49er territory and we were moving the ball. We should have, at least, gotten field goals out of both drives absent those turnovers.

It was that close -- could have gone either way right up to the last minute when we were out of time outs, and San Fran knows it!!

I'm not shocked, disappointed or sad. If anything, I am bummed that the season is over for the Falcons. I've always viewed professional sports as being nothing more than entertainment. Falcon football is something I love to watch and be a part of, but it is not a 24/7 lifestyle for me. I'll move on from this quickly. I'll experience many other fun things this year and for a time to come, that will have absolutely nothing to do with the Falcons.

It's been a very entertaining season for being a Falcon Fan. If there is one thing I am just a little sad about, is that I know how hard it is for a team to get this far, and that there is no guarantee that they'll get that far the next year or even the years to come.

I'm not shocked, disappointed or sad. If anything, I am bummed that the season is over for the Falcons. I've always viewed professional sports as being nothing more than entertainment. Falcon football is something I love to watch and be a part of, but it is not a 24/7 lifestyle for me. I'll move on from this quickly. I'll experience many other fun things this year and for a time to come, that will have absolutely nothing to do with the Falcons.

It's been a very entertaining season for being a Falcon Fan. If there is one thing I am just a little sad about, is that I know how hard it is for a team to get this far, and that there is no guarantee that they'll get that far the next year or even the years to come.

Well said!

Just like the majority, im proud of our Falcons! We finally won a playoff game, and were hosts to our championship game. Honestly i was totally hurt, cause i wanted this so bad, for myself, for the team, for the city. I NEVER once thought we couldnt win this, and thats what pulls the heart strings. We will be back next year and i will be glad to see it happen.

I told myself before the game Win or Lose I was still going to be happy with what we had accomplished and the memories I had made this year but this morning it took everything I had just to roll out of bed and be sociable. I'm just not feeling it right now. Maybe later I'll be able look back on this season with some pride but right now...... I just want to throw up and not just because I drank my body weight in alcohol yesterday.

Good post. We are getting old in a few positions, but with younger players like McClain and Konz ready to step up and play, I like our direction. Defense will certainly be addressed this offseason. Particularly the line. I look forward to building the defense that Mike Nolan wants. He built that D in SF, he just never got to coach it. As for our offense, we'll be fine. McClure probably gone. Konz slides over to his natural position. Baker gets resigned, and hopefully some of our younger players step in and we have a good competition for that last OG spot. Roddy and Julio will be fine next year. Now we just need to find someone to replace TG.

I agree with everything you said. I also wonder if Chase Coffman and Palmer can play. Coffman was supposedly a really good pass catching TE but needed to work on his blocking.