Final Drive

Just a question, but couldn't penalties Jane been called for roughing the passer for Ryan being driven to the ground and a late hit for Snelling being blasted in the back on that same play?? Not expecting this to be a huge topic and not making excuses, but both looked like penalties to me

Yeah, the 49ers got flagged for torpedoing a defenseless runner against the Packers last week. He was down and cant move and the 49er shoots in there and blasts him. It was BS.

easily

but i dont blame the refs or Roddy on that one...I blame Keottner for that awful 3rd down roll out call

god I hate the roll out on needed third downs when you have a QB that can see the whole field

PREACH!

I've been screaming this for years for the exact same reason. I feel like in 2 down territory it was essentially a wasted play. I DESPISE that play! Even if it works. You have so many weapons and a QB that can see the field, why take away half the field?

PREACH!

I've been screaming this for years for the exact same reason. I feel like in 2 down territory it was essentially a wasted play. I DESPISE that play! Even if it works. You have so many weapons and a QB that can see the field, why take away half the field?

Actually, the rollout was a good call. It worked. Roddy was wide open. Drew Davis missed his assignment, which was to get his hands on Brooks. You have to get Brooks' hands occupied. Davis didn't and we saw the result.

Guest Negatorris

Actually, the rollout was a good call. It worked. Roddy was wide open. Drew Davis missed his assignment, which was to get his hands on Brooks. You have to get Brooks' hands occupied. Davis didn't and we saw the result.

Yeah, I said that in the chat. Davis just stood in front of Brooks. It was pretty slow on his part.

Still hate it. I haven't re-watched the play but you're pretty much looking for one (maybe two) option(s). You have Julio & Tony on the field. You're going away from one of your strengths (number of weapons) and to only have 2 plays to win the game it was a ba play to go with.

Quit cryin. We got our as beat by a good team in the second half. The most egregious call by the refs in the second half was the catch to HD. Buddy definitely did not catch that ball. How they didn't reverse that I'll never know. And why did he trip over a hash mark? Dude can suck sometimes as a WR.

LOL. I guess maybe you should tryout to try to take his spot since you could probably do better. Da f*ck outta here

You sure you're a Falcons fan because you b*tch and moan about this team a lot

Just a question, but couldn't penalties Jane been called for roughing the passer for Ryan being driven to the ground and a late hit for Snelling being blasted in the back on that same play?? Not expecting this to be a huge topic and not making excuses, but both looked like penalties to me

AND... Roddy was mauled on the last throw. 2 reasons..

1) the game was right on the point spread= Vegas rakes it in on pushes.

2) the NFL wants a Harbaugh SuperBowl

For sure on the Ryan hit by Brooks. Ball was long gone and Brooks let his body weight drop on top of Ryan. But the Snelling play, I'm guessing your thinking of the one where Goldson comes flying into the pile. I yelled at Goldson to be careful, but remembered that earlier in the game one of your backs got an extra 3 yards coming out of one of those scrums.

Quit cryin. We got our as beat by a good team in the second half. The most egregious call by the refs in the second half was the catch to HD. Buddy definitely did not catch that ball. How they didn't reverse that I'll never know. And why did he trip over a hash mark? Dude can suck sometimes as a WR.

Must be excited that we lost and you can start your stupid 'trust me' ish again.

It was really close. I can't tell, but that contact within 5 yards would also be a factor. And I don't know "Jane" came from in my OP. should have been "have". Sorry

You can't be in contact with the receiver while the ball is in the air...even inside 5 yards. That said, they aren't going to throw the silk on that type of play on 4th down. He would have had to hogtie Roddy in plain view.