Joe Flacco

SaintRay

Many of you argue with me he's no good, but I continue to say otherwise. I hear all the Ryan vs. Flacco and Romo comments, but all Flacco does is continue to up his game.

2012 Playoffs = 114.7 QB rating, including 8 TD's and 0 Picks

8-4 Career Playoff record

Now he's in the Super Bowl

It's time the doubters give this guy his due. He's a winner.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VF,

You can have the best defense of all time, but it takes points to win ball games. Flacco has been playing at a very high level. The Ravens defense isn't what it once was - certainly not as good as last year, yet this AFC Championship game had a different outcome. Coaching was a big part of it, but Flacco has gone out and BALLED

He absolutely deserves his due, that said he basically deserved credit for getting a team to the Super Bowl last year and didn't get it, now he is getting it when he's just another forgotten storyline if that Denver safety doesn't screw up.

I've always thought he got way too much criticism and too many Falcons fans have hoped he'd fail because that would make Ryan look better. I'm quite happy with Ryan's progression as the QB and leader of the O and I must say that Joe's accomplishments, because of consistent playoff success, have surpassed Matt's.

And I'm glad for him - he deserves it!

VF,

You can have the best defense of all time, but it takes points to win ball games. Flacco has been playing at a very high level. The Ravens defense isn't what it once was - certainly not as good as last year, yet this AFC Championship game had a different outcome. Coaching was a big part of it, but Flacco has gone out and BALLED

I'm not bashing Flacco in anyway, he has played great in the playoffs. But having a defense that can go out there and consistantly perform does help to take a lot of pressure off a QB. But I will give him his due, he comes to play in the playoffs.

Edited by Volunteer Falcon

Flacco has a lot going for him that many others do not. His first 5 playoff games he was atrocious yet still went 3-2. He has been money though from 2010 in the playoffs. I never counted them out this year because they have "Lewisstrong" going on right now. Lets be honest and admit we wouldn't be hearing anything about Flacco if it wasn't for busted coverage on that 70 yard pass that had nothing to do with Flacco's skills. Flacco had nothing to do with holding a team that averaged 35 ppg to 13 points. Just like everyone would be saying Ryan was elite if the D didn't give up 42 points in the 2nd halves. It is all perspective. How much have you heard about Ryan having over a 100 QBR in the playoffs this year vs the 2 top defenses in the league? Is that not elite? They were holding QBs to a mid 70's QBR though the year.

Before this year Ryan had a better QBR in the playoffs but was 0-3 and Flacco was 5-4 because of his D. Ryan STILL has a higher playoff QBR(I did the numbers after the games last night) yet he is 1-4 and Flacco is 8-4. Lets include who they played also. Flacco never had a first game in the playoffs vs a superbowl team, Ryan did the first 3 times. NFC has won the last 3, arguably they are the stronger conference.

Both of them are just below elite(I define elite as top 3 or so). Back to the perspective, how much success would Flacco have had if he went to the Raiders, or the Lions, or the Bills? I give him credit, but lets not ignore the value of having a top 10 defense almost every year. Is Sanchez elite because he got to the AFCC twice? Or I could ask, is Sanchez>Ryan? Is Dalton really better than Cam? Would Tebow win 7 games had his defense not held teams to <20 points? Alex Smith/Kaep? It is a team game and his team puts him in position to win more often than not.

This is why when ranking QBs, I place Ryan 5th and Flacco 8th. I consider him just above Romo, Rivers, Cam, and Stafford.

Flacco has a lot going for him that many others do not. His first 5 playoff games he was atrocious yet still went 3-2. He has been money though from 2010 in the playoffs. I never counted them out this year because they have "Lewisstrong" going on right now. Lets be honest and admit we wouldn't be hearing anything about Flacco if it wasn't for busted coverage on that 70 yard pass that had nothing to do with Flacco's skills. Flacco had nothing to do with holding a team that averaged 35 ppg to 13 points. Just like everyone would be saying Ryan was elite if the D didn't give up 42 points in the 2nd halves. It is all perspective. How much have you heard about Ryan having over a 100 QBR in the playoffs this year vs the 2 top defenses in the league? Is that not elite? They were holding QBs to a mid 70's QBR though the year.

Before this year Ryan had a better QBR in the playoffs but was 0-3 and Flacco was 5-4 because of his D. Ryan STILL has a higher playoff QBR(I did the numbers after the games last night) yet he is 1-4 and Flacco is 8-4. Lets include who they played also. Flacco never had a first game in the playoffs vs a superbowl team, Ryan did the first 3 times. NFC has won the last 3, arguably they are the stronger conference.

Both of them are just below elite(I define elite as top 3 or so). Back to the perspective, how much success would Flacco have had if he went to the Raiders, or the Lions, or the Bills? I give him credit, but lets not ignore the value of having a top 10 defense almost every year. Is Sanchez elite because he got to the AFCC twice? Or I could ask, is Sanchez>Ryan? Is Dalton really better than Cam? Would Tebow win 7 games had his defense not held teams to <20 points? Alex Smith/Kaep? It is a team game and his team puts him in position to win more often than not.

This is why when ranking QBs, I place Ryan 5th and Flacco 8th. I consider him just above Romo, Rivers, Cam, and Stafford.

Flacco throw a PERFECT pass on the 70 yarder, let's not underestimate what he did.

Others disagree with you, me included >>>

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--maybe-now-observers-will-consider-super-bowl-bound-joe-flacco-an-elite-nfl-quarterback-071137436.html

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/64074/flacco-proves-hes-a-super-quarterback

I got a lot of Ravens fans on facebook. Im sad the falcons wont get to play the Ravens. But id rather see Flaco move up to elite status with a crushing win over the 9`ers than anything else right now.

Kids got a lot of heart and has proven himself. He has more than earned his big payday. Which he should have got last year.

Soon it will no longer be Rays ship. It will be Flaco`s Ravens and he will get the respect he has earned.

With all the sudden Flacco love (which he has earned) just giving a factual shout out to Matty Ice...

julio.gif

Nothing sudden about it at all.

I've been tooting Flacco's horn in Rivals for quite awhile. It's you unabashed Matty Ice guys who keep trying to convince yourselves Flacco is something less than Iceman.

Flacco has been one of the afc qbs that I wouldn't hate seeing win it all. He has somewhat been the AFC version of Eli (prior to his first sb ring)... the media has been all over Flacco for a while. questioning the Ravens for even starting him... all the sh1t the NY media used to do to Eli.. Would not mind seeing Flacco shut em all up.

Flacco throw a PERFECT pass on the 70 yarder, let's not underestimate what he did.

Others disagree with you, me included >>>

http://sports.yahoo....-071137436.html

http://espn.go.com/b...per-quarterback

What do you disagree with exactly? That he is elite? I don't consider a career 86.3 QBR and a career playoff 82.5 QBR as elite. Never threw for 4k yards when Qbs are throwing for 5k or close to. Never had over 25 TDs in a year. Career 60.5 completion %. The only thing Flacco has over most QBs in the league is playoff wins. I already stated he was horrible in his first 5 but still won 3 of them, due to his defense. I also stated he has been money in the playoffs since 2010. The reason his good playoffs games are wins instead of losses more than other good QBs is because of his D. It is very simple when you look at the numbers he is not elite.

You could use a similar argument of success to say Sanchez is better than Stafford or Dalton is better than Cam.

No doubt he's a good QB but his defense has had a lot of say in that as well. Holding New England to 13 points in Foxborough is pretty **** impressive.

So does the fact that Terry Bradshaw had great defenses make him any less of a great quarterback? How about Roger Staubach?

i got no problem with flacco... dude has stepped up his game big time. flacco the giant killa. took down luck, manning, and brady back to back to back. each game considered the lesser qb.

certainly one of the top qbs in the game. baltimore should be very happy with him.

If Flacco wins it all there should be no doubt he is one of the elites. The guy has done a lot of this on the road very impressive.

julio.gif

so Ryan is elite with one playoff win in six years and Flacco, who has multiple wins in two less years as well as impressive stats, is only elite if he wins the Superbowl?

GTFO

So does the fact that Terry Bradshaw had great defenses make him any less of a great quarterback? How about Roger Staubach?

No not at all, but having a great defense certainly doesn't hurt. I'm not bashing Flacco, he's a very good QB, I don't care one bit about the Flacco v. Ryan debate. I just believe if you have a great defense, who can make plays and bail you out, it takes a lot of pressure off a offense. Flacco has played out of his mind this post season and has done a great job stepping up when the heat was on.

Edited by Volunteer Falcon