The Day After

There was a lot of overreacting yesterday. Couldn't believe some of the comments I read. Now that we've all had some sleep and some time to calm down, how is everyone feeling now? The same? Different opinion now?

I wasn't p*ssed like I thought I would be when we lost. I think we'll be right back here next season with a different result. Sometimes a loss will make you stronger in the long run as we obviously have seen with this team. I understand some of us being upset due to us being on the doorstep, but would you rather be in our position or a team like the Cardinals, Raiders, etc. We'll be back and much stronger. Just my opinion

I have to admit that some of the comments I saw from a select few surprised me, but since I'm only responsible for my own feelings and takes about this team I'm good.

IMO this team overachieved considering the glaring holes we have......particularly on defense. The last 2 years showed and proved that we could not run with with the big dogs of the NFL.....This year showed that, despite our roster roles, we could.

An offseason with a full compliment of draft picks, some dead weight trimmed from the roster?

I'm excited.

Apparently from some of the crap I read last night some posters actually believe some mythical "window of opportunity" has been slammed shut. I think if that window exists it's about to be thrown even more wide open.

Go Falcons!

We're good enough to win the super bowl, even this year. It goes back to the "3 or 4 plays which shape a football game". INT on the WR slip, non-contact fumble, HD stumbling on what could have been a TD and Gonzalez open on 4th down.

I'm sorry OP for being off topic, but, Gritz, did you call in to that sports talk radio station earlier this week? Or did someone just also happen to call themselves gritz haha

Wasn't me...I was workin' like a one-legged man at an azz-kicking contest.

I felt good yesterday and I feel good today. I love these Falcons and I could see it in their eyes they wanted this and they never gave up. Hats off to a great season.

I read some of the comments last night as well and turned it off. I cant help but think back to the 80s and 90s and 00s (i am not old enough to remember everything else) and cannot believe what this organization is doing now.

Everyone, we were 5 yards from the Super Bowl. If you have ever played this sport coming up short gives you the fire to come back next year. Look at the 9ers as an example.

Everyone just breath, be proud, and move forward. Thats what the players are doing.

There was a lot of overreacting yesterday. Couldn't believe some of the comments I read. Now that we've all had some sleep and some time to calm down, how is everyone feeling now? The same? Different opinion now?

I wasn't p*ssed like I thought I would be when we lost. I think we'll be right back here next season with a different result. Sometimes a loss will make you stronger in the long run as we obviously have seen with this team. I understand some of us being upset due to us being on the doorstep, but would you rather be in our position or a team like the Cardinals, Raiders, etc. We'll be back and much stronger. Just my opinion

I posted this somewhere else but though you guys should see it cause' it's how I'm feeling now about you team

As a Cincinnati Bengals fan, I just thought I'd stop by and say you guys had a great season....

I didn't watch the AFC championship game do to the only team that gave me a reason to still watch the playoffs "the Falcons" because my

team flopped in the first round.. I could actually care less about Ray Lewis retiring in New England a loser, The Bengals don't have a Super Bowl, so I could care less about our rival getting another one... I still HATE the 49ers, they beat us in our only two Super Bowls so the h3ll with them! I don't have a reason to watch the Super Bowl now.. The Falcons poor playoff history reminds me of the Bengals so for that I was pulling hard for you guys..................... AND NOW, I'm done with football, no more... As the Bengals exit out in the first round to the same freaking team and the Falcons discusting loss at home has done it in for me guys, I would've rather seen Tom Brady get fourth a ring then to see this mess here guys.

I think the NFL is going to the shyts and I'm sick of it, yo. The media will ripped and shread your team apart even worse now, and as far as my BENGALS, maybe next year.

It'd be nice if RAY goes out a champ but the h3ll with that my Bengals don't even have a Super Bowl and all the media does it praise padded

stat individuals and more and more Super Bowl rings for the same teams and teams like My Bengals and your Falcons starve for their first. It's total BullS* and I will not invest my time in watching some media hyped BullS* game about a "Brother vs. Brother", 9 game QB vs. "the second coming" Flacco," and Ray Lewis go out on top vs, Randy Moss "took him to go to team after team just go to the big game," type of STORY!

This past year sucked and I'm very dissapointed!! I hope for a better storyline next year, Falcons vs. Bengals SuperBowl "A battle of who gets it's first"

Hope to see you guys in the Super Bowl next year, At least one of our franchises would get it's fist and not deal with the stupid padded stat player every year and multi super bowl win team in the big game all the time.

SCREW THE SUPER I'M DONE!

Go Bengals

Edited by CardiacKat

I posted this somewhere else but though you guys should see it cause' it's how I'm feeling now about you team

As a Cincinnati Bengals fan, I just thought I'd stop by and say you guys had a great season....

I didn't watch the AFC championship game do to the only team that gave me a reason to still watch the playoffs "the Falcons" because my

team flopped in the first round.. I could actually care less about Ray Lewis retiring in New England a loser, The Bengals don't have a Super Bowl, so I could care less about our rival getting another one... I still HATE the 49ers, they beat us in our only two Super Bowls so the h3ll with them! I don't have a reason to watch the Super Bowl now.. The Falcons poor playoff history reminds me of the Bengals so for that I was pulling hard for you guys..................... AND NOW, I'm done with football, no more... As the Bengals exit out in the first round to the same freaking team and the Falcons discusting loss at home has done it in for me guys, I would've rather seen Tom Brady get fourth a ring then to see this mess here guys.

I think the NFL is going to the shyts and I'm sick of it, yo. The media will ripped and shread your team apart even worse now, and as far as my BENGALS, maybe next year.

It'd be nice if RAY goes out a champ but the h3ll with that my Bengals don't even have a Super Bowl and all the media does it praise padded

stat individuals and more and more Super Bowl rings for the same teams and teams like My Bengals and your Falcons starve for their first. It's total BullS* and I will not invest my time in watching some media hyped BullS* game about a "Brother vs. Brother", 9 game QB vs. "the second coming" Flacco," and Ray Lewis go out on top vs, Randy Moss "took him to go to team after team just go to the big game," type of STORY!

This past year sucked and I'm very dissapointed!! I hope for a better storyline next year, Falcons vs. Bengals SuperBowl "A battle of who gets it's first"

Hope to see you guys in the Super Bowl next year, At least one of our franchises would get it's fist and not deal with the stupid padded stat player every year and multi super bowl win team in the big game all the time.

SCREW THE SUPER I'M DONE!

Go Bengals

English

Soft teams get exposed by physical teams. You can't give up 144 rushing yards and two rushing TDs (compared to 81 rushing yards and no rushing TDs) and expect to win, no matter how good your WRs are. Atlanta needs to be more physical to win, period.

You have a point. We need a bruising RB that will punish defenses on a consistent basis as I do not think Turner will be back. I have no doubt that the Falcons would have won yesterday if they could have run the ball more effectively. The 9'ers lines are probably 2 of the best lines in the game and played a factor in our rushing game even wih a rejuvenated Turner.

It's seems like the day after feels a lot worse then yesterday because its really sunk in now...

Same here.....I'm more optimistic about the Falcon's future than I was our last 2 offseasons but there are several long, boring azz months ahead until we suit up again...

My daughter is going to have my first grandchild this coming summer though, and I am more than a little excited about that....a boy...

biggrin.png

Man if that's the case, I'm sure glad I wasn't on this msgb yesterday. I'm bummed, BUT figuring the few and far exciting times we've had around here I'm good. Wish we'd won but like Grit said with the obvious holes on D we were fortunate 2 make it this far. Considering the '07 season, our last few playoff appearances, and basically recent history we made a little diff noise this year and I'm still proud of our dirty birds...GO FALCONS!!

Same here.....I'm more optimistic about the Falcon's future than I was our last 2 offseasons but there are several long, boring azz months ahead until we suit up again...

My daughter is going to have my first grandchild this coming summer though, and I am more than a little excited about that....a boy...

biggrin.png

Congrats Gritz. Very exciting time for you. Enjoy that!!!

Like I said in previous post. I am most certain we will be back next year. I can't see a reason why we wouldn't be back next year playing for a superbowl title. Don't get me wrong, my feelings are hurt and I am very disappointed that we are no playing in the superbowl.

I just hope the team remember this feeling and play harder next year.

Man if that's the case, I'm sure glad I wasn't on this msgb yesterday. I'm bummed, BUT figuring the few and far exciting times we've had around here I'm good. Wish we'd won but like Grit said with the obvious holes on D we were fortunate 2 make it this far. Considering the '07 season, our last few playoff appearances, and basically recent history we made a little diff noise this year and I'm still proud of our dirty birds...GO FALCONS!!

Good post VK.....

of course the way some people like to try and spin things on here it's like you're somehow complacent or satisfied if you're proud of the Falcons and/or optimistic about our future.

Realistically you can be all of those things......Pizzed off that we didn't get it all done this year, proud of what we did despite our roster holes and jazzed about our prosepcts in the coming years.

Well you guys had a good season and I don't blame some of you for not wanting to watch the super bowl, because I won't neither.

I'll go back to my Bengals board now and talk my own team issues out, but as for the Falcons your team was the only one team I

was pulling for cause mine had an early exit, and I could totally care less about any of those Super Bowl teams now.

Maybe next year your Flacons vs my Bengals in the Super Bowl! How about that? at least it'll be a battle of it's first Super Bowl. Good luck guys...

Congrats Gritz. Very exciting time for you. Enjoy that!!!

Thanks NGN...my daughter knows her Dad pretty well too. The way she let me know it was going to be a boy was the little 6 month old jumper outfit she bought him (and gave to me) with Falcon logos all over it.

Gramps is going to turn that little dude into a diehard Falcon fan from day 1......

The day after is a little tough for me. I'm at work and I gotta listen to all the non believers that's making their gloating rounds... I agree that we overachieved, but that fact doesn't make it sting any less. When you're that close to making the big game and come up short, it's makes watching the SB a lot less entertaining. Don't think I'll watch this year...