Have Not Read A Single Post, Just Logged In

Bart2Ryan+beyond

1) Congrats to SF. Over the course of 60 minutes they were the better team. What mistakes they did make they were better at overcoming them than Atlanta was at overcoming theirs. This team will be a SB contender for many, many years and they are stacked in so many positions. I have no excuses to offer - the better team won today and they deserve a ton of credit for taking the punch early and coming back on the road. I cannot say it any other way, they are a complete team and we better get used to seeing them!

2) The potential for offences that run the read option is unimaginable. QBs that are good pocket passers like Kaepernick, Wilson, RG3, and Newton - now you add this element and I don't know how they can be consistently stopped. In the 4th qrtr today, Aikman made the comment that the Falcons' D actually maintained good lane and assignment discipline to defend the read option but all of that discipline couldn't stop SF from being perfect within the red zone and both SF's and Seattle's offences always puts the D on its heels. The D-line doesn't know if it's a run or if it's play-action, then they are a second slow off the mark. We have seen the new age of QBs arrive. I'm sure defences will adjust around the league but what a bind defences are put in right now.

3) As for the game, I will always lament the fumbled snap by Ryan in the 3rd qrtr - I think in 5 years that is the only time that has happened and what a time for it to happen! Ryan's 2 TOs were crucial as they happened with Atl leading 24-21 and both times were on the SF side of the field. They were momentum killers. Otherwise I was proud and overjoyed in the game that Ryan played today! With virtually no running game, he almost threw for 400 yds against an elite D - who would have thought that a year ago after the loss to the NYG? For me Ryan has entered that level of play where if the Falcons have little to zero running game, he can throw the team to victory. He has reached that level.

4) Both playoff games saw fantastic pass protection from the O-line and I'm hoping that this group continues this improvement and improves their consistency next year. Atlanta still needs a running game, but they are a pass first team now and have completed that transition. Kudos to the O-line for playing their 2 best games at the most important time!

5) It was a great year and a **** of a ride! The disappointment is huge, but I'm proud of how the Falcons played this year and in these playoffs. In sports you never know if and when you get that close again and the further you go, the closer you get, the more it hurts - but as we all know that is the price we pay to follow and be loyal to our teams. All of the pieces are there for the Falcons to be a contender for the next several years. I'm happy with the culture that TD and Smitty have brought to the team and I'm very happy with the coordinators. There are many reasons why Falcons fans should feel very good about this team and franchise! I'm holding my head high and I hope all Falcons fans feel the same!

6) Thanks Gonzo! I do hope you come back but thank you for spending the last third of your HOF career in Atlanta and for being so awesome in your 4 years here!

Thanks for reading.

to fill you in:

TAFT is RAGING hard and RC is full of trolls.

great post, well worth the read.

Thanks. I plan to stay away from TATF - I hate in-fighting. Expected some trolls here, but you give what you get in RC generally. Of course I expect a great many of our RC rivals to be overjoyed - this is nothing new.

Time for some perspective: I've been watching pro sports for 39 years. My fave NBA team is the Boston Celtics = 5 titles since I first followed them in 1976; my fave team in the NHL is the Montreal Canadiens = 6 titles since 1974 when I started to follow them; MLB fave team moved to Wash with 0 titles; been a Falcons fan since 1980 with 0 titles. So in the 4 pro sports leagues I've been fortunate enough to see my fave team hoist a trophy 11 times! Very few fans can say that.

Point is that as a sports fan you must expect that your season will end in losses, disappointment and defeat - this will happen far more than winning titles, so one must relish the good years, the playoff years and hope a deep playoff run occurs and, maybe just maybe, a title will be yours to savour. But, as I said, ending your season with a loss and disappointment and sadness will occur far more often than the joy of a championship. You have to accept this and realize that a mortgage or rent payment is due regardless and you still gotta put food on the table.

Enjoy and appreciate the good times, shake off the bad, and be loyal to your team! Hopefully your teams' ownership and management will return that loyalty by being committed to trying to win and not being skinflints and that's all you can hope for....

In the spirit of giving what you get, where is DirtyDealin'? He called out SK on not showing up and he is a no show...

****, He called me out recently?

If it was last week, I apologize to every one. I did say ATL would beat seattle though.

Back to OP,

Nice post Bart. Enjoy the ride, cause in one quick slap, its over faster than it started

****, He called me out recently?

If it was last week, I apologize to every one. I did say ATL would beat seattle though.

Back to OP,

Nice post Bart. Enjoy the ride, cause in one quick slap, its over faster than it started

It was a little while back when you said you had legal matters to attend to. He has made snide references off and on.

It was a little while back when you said you had legal matters to attend to. He has made snide references off and on.

Dean don't let petty **** like that bother him. Anyway, Dean is a good dude and always will be.

Dean don't let petty **** like that bother him. Anyway, Dean is a good dude and always will be.

I hear ya man, but SK said he had some child custody issues to deal with and DD said some crazy stuff like he should of posted on the congrats to the Falcons thread. I thought it was in bad taste.

I hear ya man, but SK said he had some child custody issues to deal with and DD said some crazy stuff like he should of posted on the congrats to the Falcons thread. I thought it was in bad taste.

Couldn't agree more Big_L. I've been talking to Dean about some of the same **** I actually went through myself. It was out of line but I think they have been busting each others balls for awhile now. It'll smooth over. Dean has better **** to worry about if ya know what I mean?

people talking doesnt bother me at all bro.

DD and I have a little history. He loves me bro! lol

Its my fault though, I wasnt here enough for him.

Ill be disappearing and reappearing until my personal life gets back to normal.Once it does. Ill sweet talk Dd and he'll love me again! lol

Bart, sorry about the HIJACK!

Lets get back to the OP

people talking doesnt bother me at all bro.

DD and I have a little history. He loves me bro! lol

Its my fault though, I wasnt here enough for him.

Ill be disappearing and reappearing until my personal life gets back to normal.Once it does. Ill sweet talk Dd and he'll love me again! lol

Bart, sorry about the HIJACK!

Lets get back to the OP

No prob SK - it's good to see you back and I hope your personal life gets settled quickly and fairly!

No prob SK - it's good to see you back and I hope your personal life gets settled quickly and fairly!

Thanks bro. Its all going good now. I take the positives out of most and 1 positive this year is that i truly didnt suffer that much this miserable *** season. lol I had so much else to deal with, Football wasnt even on my mind. lol

Thanks bro. Its all going good now. I take the positives out of most and 1 positive this year is that i truly didnt suffer that much this miserable *** season. lol I had so much else to deal with, Football wasnt even on my mind. lol

I took it to heart because I have been through child custody and divorce events in court and I know how frustrating and taxing they can be.