Quick! Name Tony Gonzalez Replacement.....

JT

Travis Kelce TE Cincinatti 6'6 260bs runs about a 4.6 40 and is a superb blocker.

Have to do some homework on this dude.

What round projection?

Did some homework on this Kelce kid. I like what I see. Great measurables.........gives us the flexibility to address defensive needs with our first couple of rounds too.

Me likey.

Have to do some homework on this dude.

What round projection?

Like KOG said 3-4 right now, but it will definitely be 2-3 if not automatic 2nd by the time combine rolls around. I've looked at all the TE's and this guy IMO is the best overall TE in the draft. He was always known as a devastating blocker, but this year he showed his receiving abilities. The guy does not start off very fast and is not very fluid in his routes, but he has a high top end speed (draftscout says low of 4.58) and runs very good hitch routes just like Tony does.

Obviously he is no Tony G, but IMO he is the best TE in this draft and I would not be mad if we took him with our 1st pick.

I'll also throw in Gavin Escobar like another poster mentioned. He is another big guy. Not as fast or as great of a blocker, but he does appear to have a little more lateral agility. If we can get Tony to come back for 1 more year THIS is the guy you want to try to mimic Tony G and he can be had in the 4th round at the earliest.

Ertz or Eifert, whichever drops to us in the first round.

We NEED defense, but this organization has proven they LOOOVE the playmakers and skill positions.

I PRAY we don't draft a TE in the first round, as much as I actually DO love Eifert and Ertz...

Eifert didn't have as good of a year receiving in his final season, because he focused on blocking to show he could do it. And he did. And very well.

Edited by irishdart