If, If, Just Saying, Arthur Lets Smith Walk ....

Falcons Talon

Next HC is in the next state over to the West. A proven winner with cred.

What say Julio?

Same guy that flamed out in Miami? Sorry you can't get the best players year in & year out via extremely lax recruiting rules & win every year like you can in college football. Leave Saban where he needs to be. In college.

SMITH Lacks that winners mentality, ability, foresight, coach ability....all he is is an over-payed disciplinarian the lives and dies by great players hes been blessed with and next to zero Xs and Os.

Execution is his only vocabulary word he can use after every loss. No team ever executes every play all game, so quit blaming a loss on execution and start owning what your asking them to execute. The two wide slam it down your throat method is garbage......we used no exotic scheme on offense, nothing but backyard football line up and beat your man. When your playing a better man, and you give them an entire half to figure out how to stop it, then come out in an even more vanilla and simpified version of that exact scheme, you will get shut out, as we did both second halves.

You need to adjust in the big boy league, something this offense never did...........the only time we did is when we had too and that worked 50% of the time. Asking it to work 100% over three or four straight weeks to ride to the sb victory is undeniably redundantly moronic and INSANE. Insanity, doing the same thing and expecting different results. We make these games close by playing not to lose, Ryan makes his mistakes when we force ballls into two wide sets.

Regardless, Smitty is a defensive guy, and our defense has sucked all years, two coordinators, and thats so opposite of what a successful defensive minded head coach should be able to do. Not only is our defense terrible, but we have a defensive coach trying to protect the ball and play against the clock instead of the team hes facing week in and out. Its idiotic and I cant stand it. I cant stand how he is crowned because we do what we should with the greatest offensive assets of all time and easy schedules. Dude loses next to every huge game that matters, yet because we make it to the final twelve, we crown this guy soley due to our misfortune as whole with vick, and petrino and mora, we would call anything a success and thats what we have done here.

This offense would win 10 games a year alone without a coach, with ryan in the no huddle calling his own plays..............The coach is supposed to prepare and get you over the hump, hes the brains, and our brains are always in a funk in the big ones.............Nobody to blame for this but him....hes the only constant throughout all the playoff blunders.............send a message and get the troops morale back up.............We have the talent now, and nows our time, Get a guy in here that can get them to the promised land, not wonder how to do just that !!!

Lol Smith isn't going anywhere it would be stupid. Saban didn't work to well in Miami so his best choice we be to stay in college.

Our D and the Refs cost us. Give Nolan another year with a good draft and FAs and it will be a lot better.

Problem is, while we might improve the defense, we are likely about to lose Tony Gonzalez and Todd McClure on the offense.

Lol Smith isn't going anywhere it would be stupid. Saban didn't work to well in Miami so his best choice we be to stay in college.

Our D and the Refs cost us. Give Nolan another year with a good draft and FAs and it will be a lot better.

Our D had its faults but it made some big plays too.

This loss was a total team effort.

I think we've come a long ways from that Petrino year. Yes we fell short and I might not agree with some of Mike Smith's coaching mentality, but there has been nothing but good things under this regime. Be thankful that we are even in this position, most teams aren't fortunate. If and only IF we can fix up our defense, then hopefully we can take a page out of the 49ers and Ravens and come back to the conference championship game and win it .

Ten yards away from the Super Bowl and you want the coach fired?

Even though the squad didn't reach their goal there still was progress from last season. Mr. Blank knows that and will give Smitty 2 or 3 more years atleast to get us a ring.

Unless we miss the playoffs next year. If that happens, Smith is through. Maybe Koetter or Nolan get a chance to lead a more aggressive team, or we look outside for a big name coach. This is for certain. Hopefully we make the playoffs, and win the SB however.

Our schedule next year will be one of the 4 hardest in the NFL vs. one of the 4 softest which is what we played this year (a terrible NFC East oddly and the AFC West this year). And our random games will be vs. other division winners because we won our division. And we may have to do all of this without Tony Gonzalez (PLEASE COME BACK FOR ONE MORE).

I could see a Lovie Smith-type coming to coach the Falcons if that happens. If Rex Ryan gets fired next year, I could also see him come to coach our defense. I would be assuming that with Smith goes Nolan, etc., and we need a fiery defense. Ryan hasn't been a good HC in NY, but that Jets D has always been great even while lacking talent this year. That kind of D with our offense led by Ryan, Julio, White, and I assume a feature back that we draft this year.....we would have won today.

But don't for one second overlook that we will go from one of the easiest schedules we've ever played to one of the hardest after a season in which we won the division and were the #1 seed. From the AFC that means we will play (I think) the Broncos, Ravens, Patriots, and Texans, plus the 49ers, Packers, and Redskins, on top of improved Bucs, Saints, and Panthers teams 2x a year. A conference championship game win would have assured Mike Smith of some job security. Not losing a 17 point lead at home.

What say Julio?

I understand your hate especially this morning but coaching isn't our problem---it defensive players---we are small on the line and weak coverage skills.

We need a few things on offense but defense is our problem

What say Julio?

I understand your hate especially this morning but coaching isn't our problem---it defensive players---we are small on the line and weak coverage skills.

We need a few things on offense but defense is our problem

As Koetter and Nolan (and Mularkey/BVG before them) call the plays I'm stating to fail to see what the true value in Smitty is. We were best in the league at not committing penalties and turnovers but outside of that if he can't get this team properly prepared his value to this franchise is nill.