Get A Winner Coach In Here (Arthur Blank Read)

Honest to god already, I know our franchise has had rough times, but how rough does it get, Id rather be terrible than happy with getting to the final twelve, or four to embarrass ourselves.

We have more talent on offense than any team, one of the best offensive units possibly ever.

We have a defensive head coach from Jax, and a star Defensive coordinator and our shittiest squad has been our defense all five years.

If Smith cant even do what he is supposed to be good at, what good can he be doing for this team?????

Mr Blank, as a CEO of a top franchise in the country, I am sure you a familiar with Corporate Alignment, leadership changes and the like, and if you had a store that was in the top of everything Statistically, Full of some of the best in the business, and you had a leader that consistently failed to have the group ready, consistently repeated the same blunders, you would axe him in a second.

He is a defensive minded hc from JAX, they were always what we are and will be, Close to winning the big ones, They had their 11 win years, challenged the colts but always lost the big games. The guy is far too conservative for this style of NFL, and its getting harder.

You have multiple read option qbs already lighting us up in their rookie year and they will be better next year. Griffin, Wilson, RG3, thats not including CAM, the Saints. We have done less with More talent than any team in recent memory, since i started watching football in 1988. What we did today, and last week, has never been accomplished by a team , much less twice in a row and the only difference is one of our leaders stepped up last week despite the coaching and pulled a miracle out..............it looked like we coached for another miracle today too.

WELL MIRACLES DONT HAPPEN TWICE IN A ROW

WE LEARNED NOTHING LAST WEEK AND ACTUALLY CAME LESS PREPARED TODAY. 0 points at home in the Second half????? RUNS and SHORT THROWS, COACHING NOT TO LOSE AND RACE TO THE 00:00 is how we always do it. Why did we win all these close games all year against average teams?

why did smith say the games will always be close. I listen to every word and that is not winner speak. Bill B, Coughlin, Carroll, Niether Harbaugh would ever say that.

Smith is a Defensive minded HC , and that has been our worst unit in each of the five years, with two seperate DC. Koetter Was underprepared and i dont know who picked him, but picking up an OC from one of the worst offenses didn't seem like another wise business move. It felt like smitty was afraid to hire his replacement to be honest. I will refrain from further comment as i dont know the details of that process. Yes our Offense improved, as it should have, we had MM, we never threw a screen until this year, and Julio was in his 2nd year and healthy. Outside of that, we started hitting people deep but with our talent, we need to spread them out and go to town, not conservatively line up and try to out muscle people. I know thats what Smith wants, Because I guess if you play not to lose, you always have an excuse when you come up just short. TEN YARDS SHORT YA KNOW. BS IF you told me we got to play SF at home and start the game with a 2 score lead, they start with the ball and you play one half, what winning head coach wouldn't love that situation. We come out and get shut out, thats not prepared, thats trying to do too much, and making it difficult on yourselves. Too many obvious first down runs, and second down throws cuttting the yardage in half, instead of gunning and stating our case. Thats the conservative safe play that costs us every year. You have four shots from the 14 or so, and you run a first down play for one yard????? WHY All that did was waste one crucial down, a shot at a penalty and wasted precious seconds from when we got the ball back??????????? We should have taken four shots at the first down, had we had that extra down, the pressure wouldnt have been so monumental, that second six yard catch wouldnt have forced us to make one of two plays, but one of three our shot would have been extremely better by the numbers.

Regardless, the first down runs all day did absolutely nothing except pressure us into punts after dinking and dunking to try and get the glorified 3rd and short. Thats not our offense, we are elite, you start shortening the field for a defense like that, THEY SAY THANKS SO MUCH. We handed them exactly what they wanted on a platter.

Im very disappointed, and very frustrated, and these chances don't go around often, ASK LEVY...........but Levy could never get over the hump, what makes you think Smitty will figure this out. On the other side, Harbaugh turned a team around in year two with a terrible qb, and a rookie qb, and now they have our spot in the SB. Had we a real coach, a cowher, then maybe close, or a playoff win wouldnt be considered success around here. Hes had four tries and is 1-4 with 4 awful defeats and the one win was awful (ly) lucky. Thats what we get with three division wins, two number one seeds, and at the rate it takes smith to grow a game deeper mentally in the bracket, we will outgrow our talent. Three tries to get win one, how many to get win two? We don't have time to waste, If gonzo comes back, ask him what he wants or thinks, but i have heard in his undertone what he really thinks the problem is. The coach.............and im with him on that one.

Op and a lot of you so called fans need to relax... Smitty is here to stay and he is awesome. There are 32 teams in the NFL that are competing for a title . It' not easy. Mike smith has a .700 winning percentage such is nearly as good as hall of famer John Maddens (.750) . He's not the problem. We will get there... Don't rage when things are really amazing in terms of football in Atlanta. It's just a knee jerk reaction.

Well, the playoff win against Seattle just bought Smitty atleast two more years with the franchise. This draft will just be a RB and TE for the offense(that's all we need). But the rest of the draft will be strictly focused on the defense hopefully. Both coordinators will have one or two more years to improve this squad. I feel we're getting outcoached in the 2nd half on both sides of the ball. We'll see how it plays out.

Edited by Numbaz

Can we get you a whineburger you sad excuse for a fan? We knew this team was overmatched, we knew defensively we weren't where we wanted to be but got to the the NFC championship anyways. So now you want to throw anyone you can under the bus cause we came up short? My god, no wonder we have such a weak fanbase, I'm assuming the 9ers should have fired their coach last year based on your irrational reasoning. Enjoy what you got this year and get ready for an even better year, give Nolan a chance to get his players in the system.

Honest to god already, I know our franchise has had rough times, but how rough does it get, Id rather be terrible than happy with getting to the final twelve, or four to embarrass ourselves.

I can tell you how you can do that. Go get in a time machine & set it for somewhere between 1966 & 1997. That will get you where you want to be.

Smitty needs to go! Fumbling that snap was inexcusable, especially since we were in field goal position and probably would have won the game with a field goal if we were down by one point instead of four. Smitty shouldn't have thrown that guy down in front of the referee, either. That kept drive alive and they scored a touchdown. And he also popped Kaepernick on the helmet to extend another drive. Had Smitty not made one of these boneheaded blunders, we would have won. Smitty sucks. We sucks! You sucks! GTFO, Smitty!

Op and a lot of you so called fans need to relax... Smitty is here to stay and he is awesome. There are 32 teams in the NFL that are competing for a title . It' not easy. Mike smith has a .700 winning percentage such is nearly as good as hall of famer John Maddens (.750) . He's not the problem. We will get there... Don't rage when things are really amazing in terms of football in Atlanta. It's just a knee jerk reaction.

Good first post. That got me to thinking, some of the most winningest coaches in NFL history(Madden, Shula, Allen,Brown, Dungy) have mediocre playoff records and only 4 Super Bowl wins amongst them in 102 years combined coaching. The Madden/Fantasy Football mindset has ****** people up lol, winning is not easy.

If you think we embarressed ourselves, you dont know football. As a lifelong fan, Ive never been this proud of my team at the end of a season. We will be back better next year (and Ive never said that with this much belief before)

5 consecutive winning seasons. This is the best 5 year stint since I've been following football.

I hope fans from other cities aren't coming in here to read our boards. It's pretty embarrassing how irrational our fans are.

No team is perfect. We played well enough to win the game. We were one less PF penalty, one defensive stop or one completion away from a win. There are at least 25 teams that will not hesitate to swap their QB for Matt Ryan. What do you propose We get rid of Matt Ryan and find someone better in the draft? Perhaps trade Ryan for Matt Barkley or Geno Smith? Perhaps trade for Sam Bradford.

Atlanta has been a franchise that never had a back to back winning season. Should we get rid of Smith to go back to a sub-par football team for another 43 years? Who do you proposed we get in his place? There aren't a bunch of hall of fame coaches laying around waiting to step in to take it to another level.

We are only 2 - 3 players away from a Super Bowl.

We have more talent on offense than any team, one of the best offensive units possibly ever.

We have a defensive head coach from Jax, and a star Defensive coordinator and our shittiest squad has been our defense all five years.

If Smith cant even do what he is supposed to be good at, what good can he be doing for this team?????

Mr Blank, as a CEO of a top franchise in the country, I am sure you a familiar with Corporate Alignment, leadership changes and the like, and if you had a store that was in the top of everything Statistically, Full of some of the best in the business, and you had a leader that consistently failed to have the group ready, consistently repeated the same blunders, you would axe him in a second.

He is a defensive minded hc from JAX, they were always what we are and will be, Close to winning the big ones, They had their 11 win years, challenged the colts but always lost the big games. The guy is far too conservative for this style of NFL, and its getting harder.

You have multiple read option qbs already lighting us up in their rookie year and they will be better next year. Griffin, Wilson, RG3, thats not including CAM, the Saints. We have done less with More talent than any team in recent memory, since i started watching football in 1988. What we did today, and last week, has never been accomplished by a team , much less twice in a row and the only difference is one of our leaders stepped up last week despite the coaching and pulled a miracle out..............it looked like we coached for another miracle today too.

WELL MIRACLES DONT HAPPEN TWICE IN A ROW

WE LEARNED NOTHING LAST WEEK AND ACTUALLY CAME LESS PREPARED TODAY. 0 points at home in the Second half????? RUNS and SHORT THROWS, COACHING NOT TO LOSE AND RACE TO THE 00:00 is how we always do it. Why did we win all these close games all year against average teams?

why did smith say the games will always be close. I listen to every word and that is not winner speak. Bill B, Coughlin, Carroll, Niether Harbaugh would ever say that.

Smith is a Defensive minded HC , and that has been our worst unit in each of the five years, with two seperate DC. Koetter Was underprepared and i dont know who picked him, but picking up an OC from one of the worst offenses didn't seem like another wise business move. It felt like smitty was afraid to hire his replacement to be honest. I will refrain from further comment as i dont know the details of that process. Yes our Offense improved, as it should have, we had MM, we never threw a screen until this year, and Julio was in his 2nd year and healthy. Outside of that, we started hitting people deep but with our talent, we need to spread them out and go to town, not conservatively line up and try to out muscle people. I know thats what Smith wants, Because I guess if you play not to lose, you always have an excuse when you come up just short. TEN YARDS SHORT YA KNOW. BS IF you told me we got to play SF at home and start the game with a 2 score lead, they start with the ball and you play one half, what winning head coach wouldn't love that situation. We come out and get shut out, thats not prepared, thats trying to do too much, and making it difficult on yourselves. Too many obvious first down runs, and second down throws cuttting the yardage in half, instead of gunning and stating our case. Thats the conservative safe play that costs us every year. You have four shots from the 14 or so, and you run a first down play for one yard????? WHY All that did was waste one crucial down, a shot at a penalty and wasted precious seconds from when we got the ball back??????????? We should have taken four shots at the first down, had we had that extra down, the pressure wouldnt have been so monumental, that second six yard catch wouldnt have forced us to make one of two plays, but one of three our shot would have been extremely better by the numbers.

Regardless, the first down runs all day did absolutely nothing except pressure us into punts after dinking and dunking to try and get the glorified 3rd and short. Thats not our offense, we are elite, you start shortening the field for a defense like that, THEY SAY THANKS SO MUCH. We handed them exactly what they wanted on a platter.

Im very disappointed, and very frustrated, and these chances don't go around often, ASK LEVY...........but Levy could never get over the hump, what makes you think Smitty will figure this out. On the other side, Harbaugh turned a team around in year two with a terrible qb, and a rookie qb, and now they have our spot in the SB. Had we a real coach, a cowher, then maybe close, or a playoff win wouldnt be considered success around here. Hes had four tries and is 1-4 with 4 awful defeats and the one win was awful (ly) lucky. Thats what we get with three division wins, two number one seeds, and at the rate it takes smith to grow a game deeper mentally in the bracket, we will outgrow our talent. Three tries to get win one, how many to get win two? We don't have time to waste, If gonzo comes back, ask him what he wants or thinks, but i have heard in his undertone what he really thinks the problem is. The coach.............and im with him on that one.

You may leave at any time, we (true fans of the team) will not miss you in the least. How's about taking a few of the one's who see it the way you do with you. Just make sure you close the door on your way out....it's cold where you are heading.

yeah its embarrassing that nobody in nfl history has blown the leads we did in each playoff game at home as the one seed. Its embarrassing that all that talent was shut out for both postseason second halves.

thats embarrassing that a 9th career start for a qb results in a loss for this team and the ravens can man up and fire their coordinator midway through the season and go to the big dance riding harbaughs coaching. The niners fired their qb midway through the season and they let us have it after falling behind 17.

the defense cant stop a team like that all game, they put up 35 every week they slowed them down enough that any td in the entire second half and we won the game.

the offensive gameplan floundered this one, you can blame the defense, but i credit them for their performance, the vanilla offense and clock race is what cost us

They shouldnt have ran on first down, from the 14, not only would we have had an extra down, an extra timeout and plenty more time after the 3 and out, we could have run the clock out after the first down by running then.

These calls in the heat of the big games bite us and thats smitty there.

Im just saying, yes smitty won some games, but he doesnt win the big ones.

If you put cowher in here, we would win just as many and win the big ones, the players would have a fresh belief rather than doubts.

were not talking go out and get another petrino

were talking get a cowher a proven winnner in here, and we would be just fine, we cant waste the entire prime of roddy julio ryan and HD on the same coach, they deserve another lease on life. its not years for success when you switch coaches, just look at the harbaughs, Its not the sixties anymore, these guys come in and win superbowls there first and second years. I see little to no improvement on anything except our offensive skill players playing smarter and maturing, the coaching has not improved the slightest, and it hasnt gotten it done.

You will never win a big one with a coach that has the mentality of the bus and the steel curtain, run the clock, pound the run, win the los, special teams, and protect a lead

with a roster that is like the offensive rams, with a bettis, a line for pass blocking, and a defense thats swiss............if we are going to win we have to know by now its going to be by scoring more than the other team

but smitty thinks we can come out and hold our 17 point lead and just play safe, we make more mistakes when playing it safe cause we need to execute perfectly..........we play our shittiest ball when protecting a lead and our best when needing and having to score. Think about that, what does that tell you................our coach wants to do one thing, logic has a complete different one, thats when a change is necessary.

Knowing this, and even living it 7 days ago in the same building, against fairly identical teams we come in and do the exact same thing we did last week.......a single score in the entire second half wins us that game.............we didnt score

we learned that lesson last week SO I thought.

thats the point im trying to make, we do the same thing over and over again , even when we know they dont cut it.....thinking arrogantly that if we just execute on more play, we got it this time, its not execution folks, its what they are asking us to execute and what we are executing against. This **** cuts it against the chiefs, and the lions, cause those coaches dont have their guys ready or dont have enough talent to match up...............The playoffs everyone is talented, you either come prepared to dance with the stars, or you go home, and those moments are the moments proven to be way too large for smith and co.

Edited by falcondiehardsince 88

Its called getting better folks. You dont just suddenly become a championship team. This team went from shambles to winning, then from winning to playoff team, now NFC Championship contender. If you just want to be able to say that your team won the superbowl, they will be selling jerseys, hats, and whatever else you like for the Superbowl Champion this year. This team is not at a rebuilding phase. Only a nimrod would tear down what this franchise has right now. Its really pretty simple: Smitty aint goin nowhere, Ryan aint goin nowhere. If you dont like it, at least spare us the infernal whining.