Mike Nolan : I Will Make Falcons Mean & Nasty !

falcon_ace

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We cant win until we become mean & nasty.

Nolan needs to draft well.

This small D-line needs to be trashed.

I've said all of the above for years now. I'm tired of this Sesame Street, all fun and games, two or three hard nosed, character watching, low ceiling/high floor defenses! We need teeth gritting baddies out there.

I've said all of the above for years now. I'm tired of this Sesame Street, all fun and games, two or three hard nosed, character watching, low ceiling/high floor defenses! We need teeth gritting baddies out there.

Yeah, I want a couple of guys who don't watch Glee.

Our Defense has....well....no players we can hang our hat on

Abe - Best defensive player, but he wont be here for much longer

Spoon - Hot and Cold. When he's on, he's on. When he's off....****

Moore - Injury prone. I always feel he's one hit away from IR

Babs- It's sad to say he is one of our better defensive players

Peters/Jerry - Please

Biermann - Good rotational guy. Nothing more

Dent - I never want to see him in a Falcons uniform ever again

Nicholas - Good year, too bad he looked like a punk today.

Decoud - Learn to tackle you buffoon...Tell the other team to "Suck it" all you want...until they embarass your punk ***.

Robinson - This guy is a ******* enigma.

Asante - Great player, too bad we have him on the backside of his career.

Peters/Jerry - Please

Decoud - Learn to tackle you buffoon...Tell the other team to "Suck it" all you want...until they embarass your punk ***.

agree 100%, that's what I was telling FF567. We have a 5-11 defensive unit. We just got our DC. Most of our defensive personnel is MB-hyped.

Peters/Jerry - Please

Can't disagree much however we took a huge step this year in new systems on both sides of the ball and nobody can deny the fact that Nolan got a ton of production out of guys that aren't "stars". I'm excited at the idea of bringing in some guys that may fit in better through the draft and maybe a few free agent signings. We MUST get someone that can cover the tight ends.

agree 100%, that's what I was telling FF567. We have a 5-11 defensive unit. We just got our DC. Most of our defensive personnel is MB-hyped.

We're good at that. Remember how much love we gave "the greatest linebackers of all time"? (Brooking, Boley, D. Williams)

We're good at that. Remember how much love we gave "the greatest linebackers of all time"? (Brooking, Boley, D. Williams)

Folks really thought I was just being a jerk over Edwards. Babs is a good player, but he's no one to get mad about when someone wants to replace him. We have 3-4 legitimate starters on our defense and they would be back-ups or on the street anywhere else.

Can't disagree much however we took a huge step this year in new systems on both sides of the ball and nobody can deny the fact that Nolan got a ton of production out of guys that aren't "stars". I'm excited at the idea of bringing in some guys that may fit in better through the draft and maybe a few free agent signings. We MUST get someone that can cover the tight ends.

Indeed, but we have to bring in those guys while replacing Gonzo and Turner. This offseason is going to be the hardest that TD has ever faced. Anyone claiming otherwise is kidding themselves.

We have to be active in FA and we have to look at trading for vets that can fill in immediately.

1 thing people arent looking at though...HD. I think if we just say "To **** w/ a TE", he could step it up. Is that a chance you are willing to take though?

Basically, while TE looks like a huge glaring weakness...I THINK (and could be royally wrong) that we can make due without an elite one.

Edited by RubberDucky

Peters/Jerry - Please

I know I will get flamed for this but we'll be lucky to make the playoffs unless we have a massive overhaul on defense. Abe is on the downside of his career and is only effective against lesser OTs. We desperately need at least two more pass rushers to give abe a breather and make him a rotational end. He's always been somewhat injury prone and he's bound to start to dropoff in the next year or two.

Willy Mo shouldn't be resigned. One of my favorite players, but he's a walking band aid and misses WAY too many tackles. We need a thumper who has some coverage ability.

Corner isn't a huge need as we have a ton of viable options. McClain and Samuel will be back. It will then come down to Robinson or Grimes (I still think Grimes can be a very solid corner, even after his injury).

Nicholas is aging and should probably be a backup after watching him struggle in the 2nd half of the season. Good role player, but probably shouldn't be a starter similar to Biermann.

Our DTs are decent, but Babs is aging, Walker is a FA and Peters was pretty invisible this year.

TD has a lot of decisions to make and we could use a injection of youth. The core of our team is heading into their 30's.

Nolan wants a 3-4 and he had to work with 4-3 personnel all season and, to be perfectly honest, that 4-3 personnel wasn't that good to begin with. Expect a front seven heavy offseason.

How the heck do you proposed to be able to know what the crap Nolan is thinking. Its a freaking hybrid and I'm now convinced that you haven't the slightest of what that means.

How the heck do you proposed to be able to know what the crap Nolan is thinking. Its a freaking hybrid and I'm now convinced that you haven't the slightest of what that means.

I know he likes the hybrid, but he has always run it out of a 3-4 base. I'm expecting them to pick up a space eater NT and possibly double dip in edge rushers who are scheme versatile, like Chase Thomas and Sean Porter. I think we're good at 3-4 DE though. Babineaux has been a beast as a 3-4 DE this season when they ran three DT sets, Walker is good, and Peters started doing better as he got his feet under him. If Jenkins somehow falls to them... *insert drool here*

I know he likes the hybrid, but he has always run it out of a 3-4 base. I'm expecting them to pick up a space eater NT and possibly double dip in edge rushers who are scheme versatile, like Chase Thomas and Sean Porter. I think we're good at 3-4 DE though. Babineaux has been a beast as a 3-4 DE this season when they ran three DT sets, Walker is good, and Peters started doing better as he got his feet under him. If Jenkins somehow falls to them... *insert drool here*

We need some of the pieces that go into a 34...YES, but we don't have to (nor do I think we can) make the switch to 34 base. Its harder than you may be able to imagine. It took all the way until his last year in SF to make that switch and that was with making a few visable moves the first year.

Give NOLAN THE DRAFT. I want all Defense. maybe an OT or OG, but that is it.

Pay tony to come back or grab a FA TE( Cook or Davis will be serviceable).

Runningback: Grab a FA. Mendenhall or go with Snelling/Quizz combo.

I would not mind Mendenhall if the price is right. As bad as this sounds we really just need a stop-gap RB for a couple seasons.