This Was Our Chance And We Blew It

aquatrol07

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if you would like to leave. We have no problem saying good bye. We will be back again. Join a cult or something.

What FF said.....and you better make sure this cult you join doesn't MIND ALL CAPS.

There's merit in what the OP said. There's no guarantee we'll sniff the playoffs again anytime soon. It's soooo hard to get there. Who's gonna guarantee that we'll be back in the mix next season, or the season after that? Who can guarantee it?

We had a good shot at the Big Dance and we blew it by once again not showing up in the 2nd half.

There's merit in what the OP said. There's no guarantee we'll sniff the playoffs again anytime soon. It's soooo hard to get there. Who's gonna guarantee that we'll be back in the mix next season, or the season after that? Who can guarantee it?

We had a good shot at the Big Dance and we blew it by once again not showing up in the 2nd half.

I guarantee we'll be in the playoffs next season. I've never been more pumped about this team's future than I am right now.

All arrows pointing up.

I guarantee we'll be in the playoffs next season. I've never been more pumped about this team's future than I am right now.

All arrows pointing up.

I don't see it. I hope you're right, but I see very strong competition from Carolina coming up and I'm not sure we'll have the answers.

There are no guarantees in sports that why you have to make the most of it when you get the chance. That said if we keep doing things the right way we'll eventually break the door down. Now whether it takes 1, 3, or heck even 10 years it will happen. There are 32 teams in the league and in the end only 1 wins it. Winning a championship is hard, but as long as this team continues to do the things to get the chance to win one then everything else should fall into place.

There are no guarantees in sports that why you have to make the most of it when you get the chance. That said if we keep doing things the right way we'll eventually break the door down. Now whether it takes 1, 3, or heck even 10 years it will happen. There are 32 teams in the league and in the end only 1 wins it. Winning a championship is hard, but as long as this team continues to do the things to get the chance to win one then everything else should fall into place.

But your sig says "The Time Is NOW!" wacko.png

I feel we may have actually had the best team.

I'm not worried long term. I think we will be here again within 3 years. I think we may have to step back a bit. We are in a bad spot on defense really. As much as we love the guys on the DL, we need upgrades across the board. Our secondary is getting old. And outside of Spoon, we don't have a LB you couldn't replace.

We are going to have to go young on defense and try to plug in just enough vets to keep the ship upright.

I don't see it. I hope you're right, but I see very strong competition from Carolina coming up and I'm not sure we'll have the answers.

If we had people running this organization who don't "get it" you might be right. But since this team is never static, has good football people in charge, and is continually poached by other teams to rob our brain trust it must mean we're doing things right where it counts.

No regression in this teams' immediate future.

Bank that.

I for one am extremely concerned about the state of this team without Tony. That third down percentage is going to take a big hit. This was the year. Tony's gone and it's time to search for a rb and I'm not sure about a lot of the defense. The tackling for the tenure of this staff has me concerned. The YAC today was unbearable.

pathers, bucs and saints know how to beat us. we need major chances to be elite

1- Killer Instinct - FINISH off your oppo when you have a chance no matter what situation - more then anyone MATT RYAN HAS to keep making plays and chains moving.

2 - get stout defensive players who can tackle - both raven and 49ers showed us that today.

3 - make adjustments even when you are top in first half.

Supes. You're acting askeered. Stahp. As long as we have Matt Ryan and our WR duo, we're going to be contenders. Until we fix the trenches, all we'll ever be is contenders. Fix the trenches, win championships. Simple as that.

we didnt lose battle in trenches....we lost in the locker room at the half time & 2 costly turnovers! by veteran QB .....i thought kapernick was going to choke but he showed everyone when a gem he is. it's not about how you start but, how you finish off with a QB kneel down.

like whole effin season we turn off in 3rd qtr and then try to comeback in 4th - tale of 2 halfs entire season.

I agree with Supes. We're done. This team has too many glaring holes, outright busts, aging players and serious flaws on the OL and DL. Worse, we have no cap room and we all know even if you get some promising rookies via the draft, they're still just rookies and you'll be dam lucky to have more than a couple of them just walk in and become impact players immediately.

The NFL has reached an unprecedented level of parity, you see a quick recycling of Super Bowl winners these days. No way with the overhaul we're looking at will this Falcon team be 13-3 and number one seed again in the next five years. I think it will be a major miracle if we even get back to the play-offs again within the next five years. The deck is just stacked against us.

living in California, all I hear is how we blew it from all these **** niner fans. any tips for coping with these people? I need something to say to friends and family that are all niner fans..these next couple of days will suck.

Just congratule them and say their defense came up big when it had to.

If we had people running this organization who don't "get it" you might be right. But since this team is never static, has good football people in charge, and is continually poached by other teams to rob our brain trust it must mean we're doing things right where it counts.

No regression in this teams' immediate future.

Bank that.

Listen here, Gritz. I'm in a melt down. I'm pizzed off beyond belief. I witnessed our Falcons blow to h3ll a 17-0 lead Sunday for no good reason. I'm miserable, upset, depressed, and contemplating hari kari. You cannot guarantee anything except the sun will 'rise up' tomorrow. Leave me in my misery.

....or say something funny! wub.png