Must Be Nice To Have A Defense Hold The Patriots To Only 13 Points

I mean Matt Ryan and the Falcons offense wouldn't know anything about that. If our defense had held the Niners to only 13 points the Falcons would have won the game by 11 points. But hey. Whatever. Blame the offense for losing the game by making all the excuses in the world for why the offense should have had to score more points to win a game.

Ozzie Newsome is pretty good at drafting defensive players.

Oh excuse me, i thought this was the team with the elite offense. Thats all i have been hearing about. If an elite offense cant score once in a half to put their team in the Super Bowl, then i would hesitate to call them elite.

I agree we should release Matt as he couldn't get 30 on a #1 D and the Patriots should release Brady. I mean yeah he used to be good but he only scored 13.....wtf, serious tailspin.

Maybe we can both find a new qb in the draft.

Edited by RobSalvador

I agree we should release Matt as he couldn't get 30 on a #1 D and the Patriots should release Brady. I mean yeah he used to be good but he only scored 13.....wtf, serious tailspin.

Maybe we can both find a new qb in the draft.

And here we are with the extreme counter opinion. Nowhere did i say Matt wasnt good, i simply said they didnt score in the second half and that just isnt good enough if you want your offense to be considered elite.

Before this game if i told you we would only have to score once in the second half to win you would have taken that all day every day.

I mean Matt Ryan and the Falcons offense wouldn't know anything about that. If our defense had held the Niners to only 13 points the Falcons would have won the game by 11 points. But hey. Whatever. Blame the offense for losing the game by making all the excuses in the world for why the offense should have had to score more points to win a game.

Nah, I blame the loss mostly on Ryans two turnovers, yeah our defense wasn't stopping them, but those turnovers kept points off the board, no TD, no FG, nothing.

Five picks or not... Julio Jones beasted today!! He showed that he was worth those picks and had we won the game this will not be a discussion. The discussion would be how great of pick it was to get Julio because of the game he had.

We don't have to do a total overhaul of the defense. We just need some playmakers on that line. Get me some big bodies up front to help your linebackers to make plays.

Yes the offense didn't score in the 2nd half, but your defense has to be make more plays.

maybe our defense would be bettet if we didnt spend all our resources coddling a noodle arm sissy qb

And here we are with the extreme counter opinion. Nowhere did i say Matt wasnt good, i simply said they didnt score in the second half and that just isnt good enough if you want your offense to be considered elite.

Before this game if i told you we would only have to score once in the second half to win you would have taken that all day every day.

and thats the bottom line tthese ryanettes are struggling to deal with

Anybody who thought the defense was going to hold SF under

lol, exactly how is Matt supposed to know Roddy will stumble on the interception..

Rewatch that play, the DB jumped the route, if he wouldn't have stumbled it was still a pick, he was watching Ryan look down Roddy the whole time. he shouldn't have thrown it. He's a slow motion look at the DB looking down Ryan before the pass was thrown. http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013012001/2012/PRO20/49ers@falcons#tab=analyze&menu=highlights&recap=fullstory

I love how people say if the offense had scored on EVERY ******* POSSESSION of the game we would have won and that would have made it ok. HELLO! We're not going to score on EVERY ******* POSSESSION especially against the #1 defense in the NFL. We had only 9 possessions today and scored 24 points and had almost 500 yards of offense. This loss is not on the offense. PERIOD!

I love how people say if the offense had scored on EVERY ******* POSSESSION of the game we would have won and that would have made it ok. HELLO! We're not going to score on EVERY ******* POSSESSION especially against the #1 defense in the NFL. We had only 9 possessions today and scored 24 points and had almost 500 yards of offense. This loss is not on the offense. PERIOD!

i havent seen one person suggest we score on every drive. we just ask for one in the second half. is that too much?

i havent seen one person suggest we score on every drive. we just ask for one in the second half. is that too much?

When does it matter when we score? Score 24 points all in the 1st quarter or all in the 4th quarter. I don't give a **** when the points come. They all ******* count. 24 points should win a game in the NFL. I have always believed that and will always believe 24 points should win NFL games.

When does it matter when we score? Score 24 points all in the 1st quarter or all in the 4th quarter. I don't give a **** when the points come. They all ******* count. 24 points should win a game in the NFL. I have always believed that and will always believe 24 points should win NFL games.

yes it should. just like a clutch qb with a nickname of ice surely should be able to lead a team to at least one td drive in the second half of the biggest game of his life. he looked pathetic in the second half. scared. just like in ny last year. Edited by Matty Pennington

Nobody here has considered the Falcons were facing a LEGIT offense with a beast QB. Truth be told the 49ers D hasn't been the same since the Smith brothers got hurt halfway into the Patriots game, and the remade offense has had to pick up the slack.

Kaepernick threw for 76% even though he was throwing a very high volume of deep passes. He averaged 10.5 yards per attempt. Some of you were dismissive of Kaep's passing ability, which baffled me.

I said it before. With the offense being remade, if our D was healthy we'd be the hands-down best team in football. As it is now, I think the Falcons and 49ers are pretty evenly matched. If they played 100 times I think we'd see each team winning close to half their games. It was just our day.

Justin Smith is the anchor of our defense and he's due for surgery after the season. I pray he's back 100% next year, but he's also getting up there in age.

Not to get ahead of ourselves, but I can really see the 49ers and Falcons being regular playoff rivals in the years to come. Much like we had with the Cowboys and Packers.

You didn't lose to some slouch team. I think a lot of you are overreacting.

24 points would have lost every game in the divisional round.

Funny how Flacco finds a way to get it done constantly. 2 road wins in playoffs. drafted same year as Matt Ryan... Yet we happy to get our 1 playoff win. amazing....................

Flacco's D averages 17 points a game in the playoffs, he's 1-4 when they allow 20 or more points.

Ryan's D averages 31 points a game in the playoffs. Ryan is 1-4 when his D allows 20 or more points.

People keep mistaking happy with satisfied.

Our bread and butter of this team is the Offense, not the Defense.

The 3 straight possessions of an INT, Fumble, and a quick 3 and out will tire the **** out of any defense, especially the ones like ours that's too undersized to deal with that SF line.

The Offense needs to compliment the defense and should have played "small ball" to eat up the clock to give the defense a rest but they failed miserably doing that in the second half.

We knew coming into the playoffs that our Defense wasn't elite but they have overachieved alot this year, picking up alot of slack for the Offense.

You don't play "quickstrike" against a team like the 49ers and half *** do it.

We should've learned that against Seattle.

im pretty sure we had a top 5 defense this year. we were told if ryan had a top 5 defense we would win the super bowl every year. lol. flacco will have ring before ryan thats sad. baltimore built their team right. they didnt invest in shiny hood ornaments to prop up a noodle arm chump like we did.

I kind of agree . You're wording is harsh and to the point but overall concept is correct