Ryan Took A Hit At The End...

Realsurfin

Ryan did get hurt bigtime at the end of the game... it could have been worse but it seems he will not need surgery..

I was worried there when he got rolled.

i will officially morn our loss until after the superbowl.. then I will await the draft and see what our re aranged coaching staff puts together for next season...

GoooooooooooooooooFalconz!

Atlanta Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan suffered a sprained left shoulder during Sunday's NFC Championship Game, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Ryan was diagnosed with a sprained AC joint but will not need surgery, according to the source. The two-time Pro Bowler popped his shoulder back into place and may not need an MRI on Monday.

The 27-year-old Ryan suffered the injury in the second half of Atlanta's 28-24 loss to the San Francisco 49ers. He was in visible pain during the latter stages of the fourth quarter and was seen leaving the locker room with his arm in a sling.

Despite passing for a postseason franchise-record 396 yards and three touchdowns, Ryan committed two costly turnovers in the second half.

Matt is tough as nails, always gets back up and keeps going no matter what. Even when you-know-who was paying bounties for injuries to opposing players.

Thank you, Matt, for all you've done for our team and our city these past 5 years. You and Smitty came in when we were at the bottom of the barrel post-Petrino and a q/b who ran a criminal dog-fighting syndicate. You lifted us up (to be a bit corny, on wings) and have kept us soaring ever higher. We reached a historic event this afternoon, and with your help we will do it again -- and win and win and win!