Falcons Were 7 Yards From The Superbowl - They Exceeded My Expectations...

g-dawg

Right now everyone on here is hurt and frustrated - present company included. Falcons had a great season and exceeded my pre-season expectations.

Frankly, its a miracle we got this far with the holes we have had in our defense. The Falcons defense is bad - its not good at all. I think Mike Nolan had taken lemons and made lemonade all fall. but eventually "smoke-and-mirrors" catches up to you. It almost caught up to us last week and it did this week.

Until the Falcons get some serious upgrades in personnel, we are not going to win a Superbowl. Even though Matt made a few crucial mistakes - he threw for dayum near 400yds and 3TDs. That is really as good as he and the offense can play.

Falcons basically have to score on every possession to blow a team out - or in the playoffs - to even get the win.

We were close.......but let's be honest with the huge flaws this team has. We need to let Mike Nolan pick his personnel - he did a dayum good job of it when he was the coach and de-facto GM during his tenure in Niners-land.

Congrats to the Falcons on a great season.....wish we could have finished. Now its time to fix the defense.

This is true, but I'm tired of it.

Falcons were 7 yards from the Super Bowl. Bulldogs were 5 seconds from the BCS Title game. It's the same story every year--just short, better luck next time. Frankly, it's beyond old.

your right - it does get old - but what can you or I do about it? nothing.

Falcons were a flawed team - defense was weak and offensive line was weak(until playoffs)

Bulldogs were a flawed team - could not stop the run ALL year

Braves won't spend to get the 1-2 extra players they need to contend at highest level

It is what it is.....I hate it as well...."wait until next year" is the State motto.

nothing we can do about it though - pouting won't help.

Yep gdawg I agree man. When your defense is so weak it puts your offense under alot of pressure to have to score and play clean. I think Nolan is a great DC, but we need some serious upgrades on defensive personnel. Just my take nobody has to agree.

I'd like to see a defensive end and defensive tackle early - providing we don't address in free agency. we also need some better tacklers on the back-end. I can live with Assante being a poor tackler but I think its time for Dunta Robinson to be off this team. he is a poor cover guy and a poor tackler.....what exactly is he good at? tackling people with his head?

I'd like to see a defensive end and defensive tackle early - providing we don't address in free agency. we also need some better tacklers on the back-end. I can live with Assante being a poor tackler but I think its time for Dunta Robinson to be off this team. he is a poor cover guy and a poor tackler.....what exactly is he good at? tackling people with his head?

Do you think Dunta will be back? He keeps knocking himself out trying to give kill shots. We need LB, DE, DT. Do they resign Grimes? Got alot of holes on defense.

Worth Keeping

-Matt Ryan

-Roddy White

-Julio Jones

-Tyson Clabo

-Peter Konz

-Sean Weatherspoon

-Asante Samuel

-Thomas Decoud

-William Moore

as far as I'm concerned, everybody else is liable to GTFO. If Gonzo doesn't retire, add him to the list.

Add Blalock and Babs to the list the rest can get the fuq out.

Right now everyone on here is hurt and frustrated - present company included. Falcons had a great season and exceeded my pre-season expectations.

Frankly, its a miracle we got this far with the holes we have had in our defense. The Falcons defense is bad - its not good at all. I think Mike Nolan had taken lemons and made lemonade all fall. but eventually "smoke-and-mirrors" catches up to you. It almost caught up to us last week and it did this week.

Until the Falcons get some serious upgrades in personnel, we are not going to win a Superbowl. Even though Matt made a few crucial mistakes - he threw for dayum near 400yds and 3TDs. That is really as good as he and the offense can play.

Falcons basically have to score on every possession to blow a team out - or in the playoffs - to even get the win.

We were close.......but let's be honest with the huge flaws this team has. We need to let Mike Nolan pick his personnel - he did a dayum good job of it when he was the coach and de-facto GM during his tenure in Niners-land.

Congrats to the Falcons on a great season.....wish we could have finished. Now its time to fix the defense.

Sorry to all those that feel betrayed by this loss- don't agree- Falcons just had too many holes. They went as far as they could this year, got the 0-3 monkey off their backs.

Lots of the players that just beat the Falcons were drafted and acquired by Nolan. I'd listen to what he has to say about personnel.

First two picks last year were offensive line, first two this year may be Dline- and I'd be fine with that.

Worth Keeping

-Matt Ryan

-Roddy White

-Julio Jones

-Tyson Clabo

-Peter Konz

-Sean Weatherspoon

-Asante Samuel

-Thomas Decoud

-William Moore

as far as I'm concerned, everybody else is liable to GTFO. If Gonzo doesn't retire, add him to the list.

DeCoud is extremely overrated. His coverage skills are average and his tackling is embarrassing. i agree with the rest of your list though but would add John Abraham to the list and if our o-line plays as well as they did today then add every single guy to the list.

Blalock doesn't belong on the list. Babs is on the fringe of it.

Blalock belongs on this list WAY more than Konz does. Blalock is our best interior lineman bar none.

I would take Clabo off the list. He hasn't been the same for the last couple of years.

I would definitely also have Jaquizz Rodgers on the "keep" list. He's been running with power, authority, quickness; he is a true threat as a receiver; his blocking is excellent. I believe he is a potential star every-down back.

Edited by Big Rob 64

Blalock belongs on this list WAY more than Konz does. Blalock is our best interior lineman bar none.

I would take Clabo off the list. He hasn't been the same for the last couple of years.

I would definitely also have Jaquizz Rodgers on the "keep" list. He's been running with power, authority, quickness; he is a true threat as a receiver; his blocking is excellent. I believe he is a potential star every-down back.

Forgot about Quizz what was I thinking.

Guest Negatorris

He took Justin Smith out of the game and has been the best OL on the team the whole year if Konz is on the list Blalock should be a easy lock.

Blalock is a garbage run blocker.

2nd best team in the NFC- That says allot! #1 NFC seed 2 of the last five years is amazing. Hats off to the 49ers they performed in a hostile environment and never quit. Thanks to the fans in sec 123 and all over the Dome- you brought the 12th man! Tony G and the rest- sorry you didn't get the ring but Thanks for being a great representative on and off the field!

This is true, but I'm tired of it.

Falcons were 7 yards from the Super Bowl. Bulldogs were 5 seconds from the BCS Title game. It's the same story every year--just short, better luck next time. Frankly, it's beyond old.

And the Yellow Jackets were 35 points from beating Georgia. Guys being a Falcon & Jacket fan I feel horrible. I am seriously close to feeling defeated emotionally. But I just can't give up on these guys. I won't give up on these guys.

Worth Keeping

-Matt Ryan

-Roddy White

-Julio Jones

-Tyson Clabo

-Peter Konz

-Sean Weatherspoon

-Asante Samuel

-Thomas Decoud

-William Moore

we can toss dunta... and we could use an explosive running back though Quizz has been running his azz off.. you see him drag that guy today.. lol that was an atlanta wow moment.

I agree the defense needs personnel upgrades, but the offense played their part in the lost, yeah Ryan threw for almost 400, on 42 pass attempts. They just needed to score a few field goals in the second half and we still win