Guys...

C'mon. We all said we'd be fine with a playoff win. We got one. Let's just move on. This was a good run and no regrets. Wish Smith would chill with his need for BBDB, but hey. It may have to do with personnel.

By the way, for all of you who want to go with 3-4 base...we played a lot of it today. Defend against this statement if you want to, but hey...

Good season! Hope we make it this far next year...GO Falcons!!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Pick up that space eating DT.....pick up Jared Cook to replace Gonzo, find Turner's replacement in the 2nd or 3rd.....

Full compliment of draft picks coming up this year man.....People who think we're about to go into a tailspin are an embarrassment to this fan base.

amen brother what no one is talking about is we need more speed on defense, we make hall of fame pocket passers look like scrubs but make mobile QBs look like freakin all stars, we gotta get some speed rushers we can still have a good D, we have talent and that what made us relevant with BVG, Nolan came in an utilized it better. mobile QBs exploited our weaknesses, time to fix our weaknessed on defense and we are world champs

Pick up that space eating DT.....pick up Jared Cook to replace Gonzo, find Turner's replacement in the 2nd or 3rd.....

Full compliment of draft picks coming up this year man.....People who think we're about to go into a tailspin are an embarrassment to this fan base.

The only reason most are acting this way, is all of that crapola they were talking with Niner's fans. I tried tell these guys to stop calling Niners overrated. Now they all have to eat massive amounts of crow. I called a couple trolls and attempted to show what we could do to stop them...you know we did very little if any of that stuff?

The Niners have a coach that I really like and a couple of players that I like. One played in a local HS, my alma mater. But they will lose pretty bad if they try anything close to what they did today on either the Pats or Ravens.

No doubt we went 11-5 Ryan's rookie year without Tony will will adjust.

C'mon. We all said we'd be fine with a playoff win. We got one. Let's just move on. This was a good run and no regrets. Wish Smith would chill with his need for BBDB, but hey. It may have to do with personnel.

By the way, for all of you who want to go with 3-4 base...we played a lot of it today. Defend against this statement if you want to, but hey...

Agreed, I'm disappointed, but really OK- I think this team is going to re-tool and be right back in the playoffs next year.

Will say, though, with a better NT, that the 3-4 would have looked better.

No kidding, plus it's about time for one his low round DEs to work. Lets see what Massaquoi brings to the table next year. Holmes and Manley-hopkins may be the answers for the Oline. This team could be even better next year.

Konz at center may help considerably, If Holmes can play RT, move Clabo inside- that would be a huge, mobile Oline.

Agreed, I'm disappointed, but really OK- I think this team is going to re-tool and be right back in the playoffs next year.

Will say, though, with a better NT, that the 3-4 would have looked better.

No kidding, plus it's about time for one his low round DEs to work. Lets see what Massaquoi brings to the table next year. Holmes and Manley-hopkins may be the answers for the Oline. This team could be even better next year.

Konz at center may help considerably, If Holmes can play RT, move Clabo inside- that would be a huge, mobile Oline.

They are 4-3 DTs trying to play 3-4 NT. That is never going to work. They're going to have to retool the front seven a bit this offseason for it to work at a high level.

A good pas rusher other than a very aged and deteriorating Abe would be nice as well.

I have been busy lately and haven't been able to post much, and after a loss like this it's generally a standard policy of mine to avoid the Falcons forum (and any other source of NFL news/convo) but I just wanted to reply and say thanks for this post KoG. It was a great season for the Falcons, and I refuse to see the future as anything but optimistic.

I think a lot of you are too soft as fans. I'm not okay with winning 1 playoff game. This team went 13-3 in the regular season and on paper, resembles an all-star team. There's no reason we couldn't have taken it all besides letting other teams come back and beat us.

Its inexcusable and I hope the mentality changes both in the locker room and on these forums.

Gritz gets it. Good team.... No, GREAT team. Should win 12 or more next year AND make the playoffs AGAIN. Some good draft picks to address some needs. GATA TD. Looking forward to next year and many more.

They are 4-3 DTs trying to play 3-4 NT. That is never going to work. They're going to have to retool the front seven a bit this offseason for it to work at a high level.

I never believed in the type of DT's we use at the same time. We need a NT for the 4-3 to work in many situations.

I have been busy lately and haven't been able to post much, and after a loss like this it's generally a standard policy of mine to avoid the Falcons forum (and any other source of NFL news/convo) but I just wanted to reply and say thanks for this post KoG. It was a great season for the Falcons, and I refuse to see the future as anything but optimistic.

You're welcome man. This is just how I feel about it. I didn't like Ryan. Now, I do. If I believed in using words like elite...I would in his case. He's a top 5 QB.

I'm not okay with winning 1 playoff game.

This.

Winning a playoff game might have been okay years ago, but this is a team that's been built to do more than just win a playoff game.

Anything less than hoisting the Lombardi Trophy is failure. Respectable? Yes. Great season? Sure. But, still failure.

This all day. The 4-3 didn't work at all this year so he shifted to more of a 3-4 look, but they don't have the personnel to pull it off. There is no space eater on the roster but plenty of 4-3 DTs who can also play 3-4 DE. Pick up one of those in the offseason and double dip some edge rushing talent in the draft since it is extremely deep in that regard (and I mean early, no more project edge rushes) and I'll like where the defense is headed.

Good post KoG, very true.

While the season wasn't a true success it was a great game played by all. We need to fix our defense and our pass rush and we got this.

Going to be interesting to see if Koetter or Nolan gets the first pick of the draft.

We'll know who the alpha coordinator is then.

My money's on Nolan.