I Think I Have A Problem. I Just Did Something I Am Ashamed Of.

Minus Whale

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me just start by saying I love my wife and kids and I wouldn't purposely do anything to hurt them. I have a history of anger problems which forced me to go to anger management and my counselor identified my love of sports as a potential problem. Anyhow, I'm sharing this because I know I am not alone and I know this issue is more prevalent than most would care to admit.

When Roddy dropped the ball at the end of the game I lost my mind. I picked up my 40 inch flat screen and slammed it on the ground. When I ripped the tv off its stand, the cord you plug into the wall whipped around and hit my 7 year old son in the face. It didn't hit him hard but he started crying. To make it worse, I was so angry that I didn't even notice. My wife said he hid behind the couch and started crying uncontrollably, while I was in the other room slamming my head against the door frame.

I feel absolutely horrible. My wife won't talk to me and both of my children are scared. Have any of you ever dealt with anything like this? All I know is the Falcons better get their **** together next year because I can't take much more of this.

Next time you get mad cut off one of your own fingers tough guy.

Maybe after you eliminate one hand, you'll see how much sense it makes to lose your temper.

Tough guy.

Let me just start by saying I love my wife and kids and I wouldn't purposely do anything to hurt them. I have a history of anger problems which forced me to go to anger management and my counselor identified my love of sports as a potential problem. Anyhow, I'm sharing this because I know I am not alone and I know this issue is more prevalent than most would care to admit.

When Roddy dropped the ball at the end of the game I lost my mind. I picked up my 40 inch flat screen and slammed it on the ground. When I ripped the tv off its stand, the cord you plug into the wall whipped around and hit my 7 year old son in the face. It didn't hit him hard but he started crying. To make it worse, I was so angry that I didn't even notice. My wife said he hid behind the couch and started crying uncontrollably, while I was in the other room slamming my head against the door frame.

I feel absolutely horrible. My wife won't talk to me and both of my children are scared. Have any of you ever dealt with anything like this? All I know is the Falcons better get their **** together next year because I can't take much more of this.

Listen man I know how you feel, I used to do things like that. My last episode was probably about 12 years ago. I love this team. And it hurts today. But when I looked at the shocked sad faces of my friends and family after I lost it I knew I would never do it again. Look at it this way. You made yourself hurt worse than you already did by your actions. You don't need help. Just need to reevaluate your priorities.

I'll pray for you. At least you recognize the problem. You have a lot to work on with your family and should probably take a break from thinking about football for a while. I was a wreck, myself, yesterday, and my kids were watching with me. Regardless of the outcome, I was just happy that my children were with me appreciating a great American tradition.

That is why I watched the game at a bar. I was far too emotionally invested to watch it in front of my children.

P.S. It's just a game man. Life goes on. Family, career, friends, then football. Before the game, my priorities were different. After the game, it made me realize my priorities should lay with things I can control. I can't control what my team does. I can control factors that influence my family, my career, and my friends.

9/10.

I don't have kids but when the Seahawks lost in the final seconds to Atlanta I kind of lost it too throwing everything in sight, I couldnt control my anger! I've never experienced this feeling before, I scared the **** out of my dogs, they hid and I was pretty much inconsolable. Sports brings out the best in people, unfortunately it brings out the worse also. I slept 18 hours that night and couldnt get out of bed Monday and I didnt start feeling better until about Friday (still upset). I know now that when my team is in the playoffs I need to be alone, away from people because I don't trust myself. Like I said, I've never done this before, not being able to control my anger, this is the only good part about this whole thing. Nothing hurts more then to see your team you live through the whole season just to lose in the end. Just some advice, if you are this emotional about games, watch it alone.

coffee_spray.gif

I dropkicked my 94 year old grandma... no need to be ashame

>no need to be ashame_

english_motherfr_do_you_speak_it_thumb.jpg