A True Fan Looks For Positives Right Now Not Negatives

jlrfalcon

I am not happy with the outcome of today's game and agree the team will need to be improved to have even a chance like this next year.

However, I am not going to completely bash the team wanting to dump every player or deciding which coach is more to blame than another.

The Falcons themselves are probably hurting the worst right now and need a city that stands behind them after hard losses not one that only shows up after big wins.

I challenge all true fans to post at least one positive aspect about today (or the season) in this thread.

1) Julio Jones clearly had a great season that was only highlighted by his performance today - the guy makes unbelievable catches and is only getting better.

Falcons will make the playoffs next year but probably as one of the lower seeds. We have a great team but the problem lies with Mike Smith. I don't think we'll ever win the big one with that guy as our HC.

So who can we win with? Who else can even go 56-25 in the first five years to get us to the position to win the big one?

I know there's a popular thought that if you didn't win it all, you're a loser.

Well enjoy being miserable.

Do we stand a chance next year? Who knows? Right now our odds are 1 in 32, just like everybody else.

Who knows what moves we'll make in the off-season.

That's why every new season is so exciting (as long as we're not back in the Rankin Smith days)

I'm trying to be positive. I'm trying. I realize that we were only a few points and yards away from the Superbowl, and that's not a fluke. I saw some incredible things on offense against a very, very good D. And I saw our defense smother them for the first quarter. There are obviously positives in there.

But, honestly, all I can focus on right now is that I'm practically in physical pain I'm so upset.

We were so close.

So d*mn close.

This is total BS! True fans react differently. Just because this is how you react doesn't mean everyone should. But I understand your thought.

Totally agree, people should voice what they feel. Everybody doesn't have to agree. It crosses the line when people start overreacting, calling people names and acting like lil b#itches.

I do agree with the OP that it would be nice to keep some more positivity but we really shouldn't accept being losers. This one stings.

Edited by Rebel_Falcon

Extremely proud of the Falcons this season, regardless of the outcome.

I've been a loyal fan since the Van Brocklin days. You guys who moan about not making the Super Bowl this year and thinking you know what to fix and/or tweak... you don't have a clue how lucky you are to be following the Atlanta Falcons during these heady days when the playoffs are almost a given.

Just like the bad old Braves. Back then, they were a joke. The Falcons and Mr. Blank now are serious contenders every year, and that's as good as any other team on the field.

Great job, guys. Get some next year!

He'll I'm pissed but I don't reduce myself to blaming one person for losing. We came out strong, the. 9ers countered, we had our chance to win but came up short, sure we got hosed by the refs but **** if we didn't have a shot. As much as I think the NFL wants a Harbough bowl, I'm hoping the Pats f their plans

We have got issues on defense. We have age in the secondary, and a well below average line. Outside of Spoon, we have 'dime-a-dozen' type LBs.

We need to find a FA or two and draft a bunch of youth. I think on offense we can get buy with a journey man RB, one interior OL, and a TE. We need to go to work on the defense.

I am not happy with the outcome of today's game and agree the team will need to be improved to have even a chance like this next year.

However, I am not going to completely bash the team wanting to dump every player or deciding which coach is more to blame than another.

The Falcons themselves are probably hurting the worst right now and need a city that stands behind them after hard losses not one that only shows up after big wins.

I challenge all true fans to post at least one positive aspect about today (or the season) in this thread.

1) Julio Jones clearly had a great season that was only highlighted by his performance today - the guy makes unbelievable catches and is only getting better.

If games were only two quarters, the falcons would consistently go to the Superbowl.

Edited by President Frankenstein

At least we don't have to go anywhere near the dump that is New Orleans.

I thought the offense played out of their minds for the most part. Offensive line played a heck of a game, as did Ryan, Julio, White and TG.

So you're happy we didnt make it to the superbowl? Nice try on trying to act you didnt care.