Calling Out Mike Smith

Every pick this draft will be on the D - side of the Ball

Need a RB, but otherwise yeah...take a bunch of D-linemen and DBs and try to find some guys who can pressure the QB and tackle. Our D is just a bunch of bums. There literally isn't a single one of them I'd be upset to see go.

we had 7 minutes, and march down the field like we were up by 20. we were losing.

Pathetic, should have no huddled and not depended on a last second pass.

Wrong. We did that because the defense couldn't stop Kaepernick and co. So we had to go on a clock killing drive and score so that San Francisco would have just two minutes or less to score.

Guest Negatorris

Mike Smith as a defensive coach has never fielded a good defense in NFL. He and Nolan failed us. You can't win a SB by giving up 28 points with no stops in the redzone.

Wrong. We did that because the defense couldn't stop Kaepernick and co. So we had to go on a clock killing drive and score so that San Francisco would have just two minutes or less to score.

No, they could stop him. We needed to score to win, it's that simple. You can't put it one 1 series of downs to get it in the endzone. I could agree, if all we needed was 3.

Uh...

Spoon

McClain

Moore

Babs

Biermann

Seriously? Of that list of players, I'd probably take McClain first if I were putting together a defense. Spoon disappeared once again today. Moore was playing with his head up his *** in coverage. Babs didn't do ****. Neither did Biermann.

There isn't a single Pro-Bowl caliber guy on our D. Period. It isn't like these guys are a bunch of young pups without any experience. They are veterans, and they ******* blow.

To be honest, I really hate to say it but our linebackers, especially Nicholas have got to be the most overrated in the NFL. Nicholas cannot cover the broad side of the barn.

BUT, none of that matters. I think this game defensively from a scheme perspective was horrible. The first 2 series I believe, we had all sorts of different looks. Crazy blitzes, crazy zone coverage. People forget we had held them to -2 yards of offense at one point.

I don't know WHAT changed, but after those first 2 defensive stands, we went RIGHT BACK to the CRAP 5-2 defense where Nicholas is lined up on the defensive line and 2 linebackers are behind them.

I mean seriously, when you get the chance, go back and look at the first couple defensive series. 49ers looked confused, distraught, and couldn't hear the calls to save their lives.

Then... Vernon Davis started getting wide open on every play just like last week. Our defense got so exposed in the postseason this year and to be honest I didn't expect that at all...figured they would keep that bend don't break mentality in the redzone and completely got oblierated there.

Also, can someone pleae explain why Ryan lost the ball on that snap? We were driving right down the field passing the ball and all that momentum just went away.