Official Falcons Vs Niners Game Day Thread

Realsurfin

Offense did what they had to do man.... That defense didn't hold its end of the bargain.... plain and simple clear as day

Offense did what? Man, our defense wasnt going to stop the 49ers offense today. We ALL knew that. Our defense has been playing this way ALL SEASON LONG. We had to put as many points on the board as possible. Nolan doesnt have the necessary players he needs for his defense yet. He needs to draft his players to get his defense ready. And alot of our "KEY" defensive players are hurt.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do people cope with being fans of a team that will NEVER win anything?

That is what being a fan is about. Loving that team through every loss and cherishing every win. You as an NO fan could never feel all of the pain as an Atl fan. This year we lost going to the championship by 5 yards and a botched infield fly rule play in Baseball. Either be a man and bring real arguements or piss off. You are a disgrace to other NO fans that are decent people on this board.

All in good fun, I dont mean to ruffle any feathers (no pun intended!). You guys deserve respect regardless of the talking heads and although well always be rivals I wont ever consider you guys an easy W. Now we all wait till next season...

Respect for not coming here and trashing us like a lot of Saints fans do. It was a great game and while I am disappointed I'm not depressed like I would of been if we lost last week. Matt played great and he did not lose us this game. That fumble is something that rarely happens. Same with the burned timeout that came back to bite us.

This will live in Infamy

& Yall superbowl was the seattle win.

& Yes, but cmon, the threads trash talkin', wasn't even a single trash talk thread about the Falcons on the 49ers board. The sign this, the New Orleans revengee thread, Yeah, buddy, justt accept it. I went through that first quarter.

it's time to blow it all up. my beloved falcons are just that, a bunch of cons. Regular season champions and postseason chumps. I am tired of it.

Matt Ryan should not be resigned, trade him to another team while he still has a year left and we can get some value. He will always be a second tier quarterback, and they DO NOT WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS without world class defenses, which we clearly do not have.

Roddy White needs to be traded too, always talking like he can deliver when most of his yards come in garbage time blowouts. By himself today, he had a few grabs but seemed to do everything he could to drop them instead. He is a choker.

Michael Turner. Enough said. Just release him already.

Tony G--PLEASE JUST RETIRE ALREADY!!!!! Everyone is sick of your whining and overemotional bullcrap. Be a pro and move along.

Julio Jones, keep him.

Now for the defense. Can we please all stop kissing up to Abraham just because he makes 12-15 good plays resulting in sacks a year. He's on the field a few hundred plays and stinks the living crap up on EVERY SINGLE OTHER ONE. The man is garbage.

Rest of the D-line is an utter embarrassment. Give them all their walking papers.

Linebackers, where should I start? Really missed Lofton this year, especially with Weatherspoon always seeming to be in the ABSOLUTE WRONG position. Never seen a player make more tackles from behind in a season. Ever. Nicholas--can we get someone who can actually play in space??? WE ARE A ZONE BASED DEFENSE.

Secondary. Dunta Robinson is simply put, the dumbest tackler in the NFL. He is good once a game to lead with his head and either knock him out a few plays, or for the rest of the game. He misses so many tackles it's pathetic. Moore? I don't think he's out there most plays, I think we actually play with 11. Samuel--GOODBYE!! DeCoud is the best player on our defense because he's the only one who actually can consistently make a play once a game.

As much as I hate to say it, we are what they thought we were: The Fal-CONS.

it's time to blow it all up. my beloved falcons are just that, a bunch of cons. Regular season champions and postseason chumps. I am tired of it.

Matt Ryan should not be resigned, trade him to another team while he still has a year left and we can get some value. He will always be a second tier quarterback, and they DO NOT WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS without world class defenses, which we clearly do not have.

Roddy White needs to be traded too, always talking like he can deliver when most of his yards come in garbage time blowouts. By himself today, he had a few grabs but seemed to do everything he could to drop them instead. He is a choker.

Michael Turner. Enough said. Just release him already.

Tony G--PLEASE JUST RETIRE ALREADY!!!!! Everyone is sick of your whining and overemotional bullcrap. Be a pro and move along.

Julio Jones, keep him.

Now for the defense. Can we please all stop kissing up to Abraham just because he makes 12-15 good plays resulting in sacks a year. He's on the field a few hundred plays and stinks the living crap up on EVERY SINGLE OTHER ONE. The man is garbage.

Rest of the D-line is an utter embarrassment. Give them all their walking papers.

Linebackers, where should I start? Really missed Lofton this year, especially with Weatherspoon always seeming to be in the ABSOLUTE WRONG position. Never seen a player make more tackles from behind in a season. Ever. Nicholas--can we get someone who can actually play in space??? WE ARE A ZONE BASED DEFENSE.

Secondary. Dunta Robinson is simply put, the dumbest tackler in the NFL. He is good once a game to lead with his head and either knock him out a few plays, or for the rest of the game. He misses so many tackles it's pathetic. Moore? I don't think he's out there most plays, I think we actually play with 11. Samuel--GOODBYE!! DeCoud is the best player on our defense because he's the only one who actually can consistently make a play once a game.

As much as I hate to say it, we are what they thought we were: The Fal-CONS.

ur an idiot

How many games have we won because of Matt Bryant's leg?

How many games have we won because of Matt Bryant's leg?

Okay dude, I know you're upset at the Falcons but DUDE that's what the defense was supposed to do "hold their end of the Bargain"

and They didn't!!! I'm upset like you are man, trust me. "I had money on Atlanta and I gots to pay up tonight!

Respect for not coming here and trashing us like a lot of Saints fans do. It was a great game and while I am disappointed I'm not depressed like I would of been if we lost last week. Matt played great and he did not lose us this game. That fumble is something that rarely happens. Same with the burned timeout that came back to bite us.

No reason to talk crap. We didnt beat you nor are we going to the SuperBowl. Obviously I didnt want you guys to win, just as much as you guys wouldnt cheer for us. But thats the fun of the rivalry and giving meaning and reason to a guy like me to watch a game that my team isnt even playing in. I totally get how you guys are feeling right now though given two years back losing to the 49ers in the playoffs (funny eh?). It is what it is, I know words dont help, especially from a Saints fan but ultimately theres plenty to be proud of. One thing I feel I can share for sure with you guys is the sadness concerning Tony Gonzalez. Dude is one of the best to play the game at his position and its sad to think he never sniffed a Championship or a Ring.

Edited by Saints4Ever