Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Realsurfin

Official Falcons Vs Niners Game Day Thread

3,075 posts in this topic

it's time to blow it all up. my beloved falcons are just that, a bunch of cons. Regular season champions and postseason chumps. I am tired of it.

Matt Ryan should not be resigned, trade him to another team while he still has a year left and we can get some value. He will always be a second tier quarterback, and they DO NOT WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS without world class defenses, which we clearly do not have.

Roddy White needs to be traded too, always talking like he can deliver when most of his yards come in garbage time blowouts. By himself today, he had a few grabs but seemed to do everything he could to drop them instead. He is a choker.

Michael Turner. Enough said. Just release him already.

Tony G--PLEASE JUST RETIRE ALREADY!!!!! Everyone is sick of your whining and overemotional bullcrap. Be a pro and move along.

Julio Jones, keep him.

Now for the defense. Can we please all stop kissing up to Abraham just because he makes 12-15 good plays resulting in sacks a year. He's on the field a few hundred plays and stinks the living crap up on EVERY SINGLE OTHER ONE. The man is garbage.

Rest of the D-line is an utter embarrassment. Give them all their walking papers.

Linebackers, where should I start? Really missed Lofton this year, especially with Weatherspoon always seeming to be in the ABSOLUTE WRONG position. Never seen a player make more tackles from behind in a season. Ever. Nicholas--can we get someone who can actually play in space??? WE ARE A ZONE BASED DEFENSE.

Secondary. Dunta Robinson is simply put, the dumbest tackler in the NFL. He is good once a game to lead with his head and either knock him out a few plays, or for the rest of the game. He misses so many tackles it's pathetic. Moore? I don't think he's out there most plays, I think we actually play with 11. Samuel--GOODBYE!! DeCoud is the best player on our defense because he's the only one who actually can consistently make a play once a game.

As much as I hate to say it, we are what they thought we were: The Fal-CONS.

it's time to blow it all up. my beloved falcons are just that, a bunch of cons. Regular season champions and postseason chumps. I am tired of it.

Matt Ryan should not be resigned, trade him to another team while he still has a year left and we can get some value. He will always be a second tier quarterback, and they DO NOT WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS without world class defenses, which we clearly do not have.

Roddy White needs to be traded too, always talking like he can deliver when most of his yards come in garbage time blowouts. By himself today, he had a few grabs but seemed to do everything he could to drop them instead. He is a choker.

Michael Turner. Enough said. Just release him already.

Tony G--PLEASE JUST RETIRE ALREADY!!!!! Everyone is sick of your whining and overemotional bullcrap. Be a pro and move along.

Julio Jones, keep him.

Now for the defense. Can we please all stop kissing up to Abraham just because he makes 12-15 good plays resulting in sacks a year. He's on the field a few hundred plays and stinks the living crap up on EVERY SINGLE OTHER ONE. The man is garbage.

Rest of the D-line is an utter embarrassment. Give them all their walking papers.

Linebackers, where should I start? Really missed Lofton this year, especially with Weatherspoon always seeming to be in the ABSOLUTE WRONG position. Never seen a player make more tackles from behind in a season. Ever. Nicholas--can we get someone who can actually play in space??? WE ARE A ZONE BASED DEFENSE.

Secondary. Dunta Robinson is simply put, the dumbest tackler in the NFL. He is good once a game to lead with his head and either knock him out a few plays, or for the rest of the game. He misses so many tackles it's pathetic. Moore? I don't think he's out there most plays, I think we actually play with 11. Samuel--GOODBYE!! DeCoud is the best player on our defense because he's the only one who actually can consistently make a play once a game.

As much as I hate to say it, we are what they thought we were: The Fal-CONS.

You lost me when you talked about that offense bad like that... but maybe blow up your entire defense, yea

Okay dude, I know you're upset at the Falcons but DUDE that's what the defense was supposed to do "hold their end of the Bargain"

and They didn't!!! I'm upset like you are man, trust me. "I had money on Atlanta and I gots to pay up tonight!

CK, I understand what you're saying. But let's get this in focus for a minute. Nolan played this whole season with BVG's defensive players. He took what he had and did his best to make this defense a legit defense. Toward the end of this season, the real BVG's defensive players start to show up and you saw leads start to deteriorate. Nolan needs atleast 2 good season to draft his own players into his system, so on that note I dont put toooooo much blame on them other than they dont tackle well and they are always out of place.

Okay dude, I know you're upset at the Falcons but DUDE that's what the defense was supposed to do "hold their end of the Bargain"

and They didn't!!! I'm upset like you are man, trust me. "I had money on Atlanta and I gots to pay up tonight!

The 3 straight possesions that led to a INT, fumble, and a 3 and out helped tire the defense out.

Also, our "money" players is on Offense and we had a chance to score a TD around the 2:00 mark.

To put this lost totally on the defense is bein misguided.

Did they play a part in the lost? Sure, but I have to blame the Offense for not scoring on that last drive period.

You lost me when you talked about that offense bad like that... but maybe blow up your entire defense, yea

Don't listen to some of these people. They disguise themselves as Falcons fans but spew nonsense. It's a problem with our boards. Mods are non existent most of the time.

CK, I understand what you're saying. But let's get this in focus for a minute. Nolan played this whole season with BVG's defensive players. He took what he had and did his best to make this defense a legit defense. Toward the end of this season, the real BVG's defensive players start to show up and you saw leads start to deteriorate. Nolan needs atleast 2 good season to draft his own players into his system, so on that note I dont put toooooo much blame on them other than they dont tackle well and they are always out of place.

The Falcons definitely have to get bigger, stronger, and better on the defensive front. Maybe get a quality TE if Gonzales retires. They're not too far off. We'll see how good of a GM they have over the next couple years.

Guys...it was a great game and it could have gone either way. I read through your game day thread and it was very much like ours only reversed. We were choaking in the first half and our fans pretty much had the same responses that your fan base had in the second half. You guys have an awesome team...dont lose sight of that. You guys earned national respect today. Too bad only one team can walk away with the W. I loved this game and I hope we see you guys in the playoffs next year. Great game Falcons.

Don't listen to some of these people. They disguise themselves as Falcons fans but spew nonsense. It's a problem with our boards. Mods are non existent most of the time.

i was angry earlier. I was posting angry. You have to admit this team under Smith has been a complete disaster in the postseason. It's entirely frustrating. Changes have to be made. Ryan played himself out of that big new contract imo. This team is missing killer instinct. Missing the grit that puts other teams into championship games.

QB's like Brady and Brees seem to make things happen to ENSURE victory. They don't always have to lead a comeback drive because they are making plays that KEEP their teams ahead. That is what is missing from our offense.

2smooth4ya likes this

Guys...it was a great game and it could have gone either way. I read through your game day thread and it was very much like ours only reversed. We were choaking in the first half and our fans pretty much had the same responses that your fan base had in the second half. You guys have an awesome team...dont lose sight of that. You guys earned national respect today. Too bad only one team can walk away with the W. I loved this game and I hope we see you guys in the playoffs next year. Great game Falcons.

Heh, the Falcons will never get national respect.

Heh, the Falcons will never get national respect.

This is true, let's all just be glad that the Saints didn't get into the playoffs and beat us in our own stadium. Better to lose to a second seed at home than the 6th.

earned national respect? number one, they were playing in the nfc championship, which means they beat a lot of good teams to get there and don't really need anyone's respect. two, the national media will pretty much focus on the 17-0 lead/choke. I don't think that's respect. it was definitely a great game. entertaining, no doubt. But great game by ATL. Winning at home by 17 points and losing = anything but a GREAT game.

I hate everyone!

hahahahahhaaaa!

better luck next year. maybe we can lose a 20 point lead. wait, we did that too this year. the truth is that we played a soft schedule this year and took advantage of it.

Were lucky that our rivals didn't have a head coach this year and snuck by the divisional round thanks to it being a home game against a young team.

we were beaten by a better, more mature team today.

Nothing to be ashamed of, just be realistic with the expectations for next year: we will not get back to the championship game.

Well on the bright side at least you didnt go to the Superbowl when the Saints had been rendered helpless by the commish. You dont want a Super Bowl win with a * by it. You want to win it when things are fair and square.

Well on the bright side at least you didnt go to the Superbowl when the Saints had been rendered helpless by the commish. You dont want a Super Bowl win with a * by it. You want to win it when things are fair and square.

truth. would have been a different season if they had Payton.

Wait? What??? What does the Aints have to do with us going to the Superbowl? There were 30 other teams.

Next year when Sean Payton returns you will be reminded why it makes a difference. And no there is no * by our super bowl. Bounty Gate was make believe . If there were any facts at all against the Saints the league wouldnt be hiding the transcripts. See you next season fail clowns.