My dad lost his battle with cancer nearly a year ago today. I remember him talking to me about the days of when Atlanta was awarded its NFL franchise and there was a contest to see what mascot would be ours. He would forever remember watching Tommy Nobis in person punishing the offense for years. The pain of the 1980 playoff loss, the pain of the super bowl loss, and the years of pain of losing for years. I remember him recalling the days of the Fulton county stadium ....the grtiz bliz defense. He told me of the days when he was awe struck watching our D pitch the ball back to Deion and he was there in person. He was at the 1998 Divisional victory and had tears of joy after years of frustration and pain were wiped away after we beat the Vikings in the NFC title game when he knew we could beat them when no one else but people in Atlanta thought so. When Matt Ryan was drafted he told me "we finally have our guy" I remember when he was diagnosed and beating the aints in overtime the year after their super bowl run made him feel better...even for a moment. I wish he was here.

This game goes out to every fan and to my dad who loved this team like no other and who through the years of good and bad remained red and black forever. Win or lose.

And his old self doing the Dirty Bird dance.
Edited by TheInfamousBayne

My Dad took me to my first game in 1975 against the Bengals. He took me to those playoff games in 1978 &1980 and we went to the Super Bowl in Miami together. We too have been season ticket holders since '66 He was a die hard Falcon Fan (and the reason I am) until the end two years ago yesterday. I love you Dad! Go Falcons!!!!

Me and my daddy been going to games since the 60's as well. My dad still with me ....although, he moved to Tampa in the 80's and has been more of a Bucs fan ever since. But he still cheers for the Falcons but he doesnt bleed red n black like me. Alot of my buddies i grew up with, going to the games have lost their parents. I just hope i get the feeling of winning a SuperBowl before i die.

I'm right there with you bro. This coming November, it will be 10 years since my Dad passed away. He was a diehard Redskins fan and a big part of me wanted RG3 and the Skins to be the team Atlanta played last week because I was going to that game and it would have been really special, his team vs my team. He would have been 66 yesterday. But don't fret, your Dad is with you. You can't see him, but trust me he will be at your side today cheering on the Falcons and will bust out the Dirty Bird if we beat the Forty-Winers

RISE UP BRO

My dad lost his battle with cancer nearly a year ago today. I remember him talking to me about the days of when Atlanta was awarded its NFL franchise and there was a contest to see what mascot would be ours. He would forever remember watching Tommy Nobis in person punishing the offense for years. The pain of the 1980 playoff loss, the pain of the super bowl loss, and the years of pain of losing for years. I remember him recalling the days of the Fulton county stadium ....the grtiz bliz defense. He told me of the days when he was awe struck watching our D pitch the ball back to Deion and he was there in person. He was at the 1998 Divisional victory and had tears of joy after years of frustration and pain were wiped away after we beat the Vikings in the NFC title game when he knew we could beat them when no one else but people in Atlanta thought so. When Matt Ryan was drafted he told me "we finally have our guy" I remember when he was diagnosed and beating the aints in overtime the year after their super bowl run made him feel better...even for a moment. I wish he was here.

This game goes out to every fan and to my dad who loved this team like no other and who through the years of good and bad remained red and black forever. Win or lose.

I have 2 say i got a little emotional with that story. Thanks 4 reminding me 2 remember the ones who r not with us any more.

i feel ya brother but my dad is still here but im living in texas now and he lives i tenn, we used to go to games all the time together and watch the games on sunday together, it was nice watching the cowboys game with my dad when i flew in earlier this year like old times it was even nicer bc iwasnt in cowboy county and everyone around us were cheering on the falcons haha

A week from today will be exactly 1 year from when my grandmother passed. She was the biggest Falcons fan in my family and we use to watch every Falcons game since I was about 5. She bought me a Jamal Anderson Jersey right after they won the NFCCG in 98. Watching this season as it was the first one I watched without her was hard but I had this board to comfort me by being on here during games.

To all our fallen Falcon fans over the years, this is the big moment that we have all been waiting for and I am sure that they will be watching too.

+1 Good post OP. Great emotional post. Hope the Falcons get it done today for all of Falcon nation!!!!!!